VirtualSMC — SMC Emulator

vit9696
760 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Nuacho said:

@vector sigma Today I noticed that when using HWMonitorSMC2 - inel power gadget shows high frequencies.

Here are the same if I set the same timing, otherwise are different of course

17 hours ago, jinbingmao said:

ps. Radeon rx570 at idle 34-35 watts should be. and in my idle time it is 90 watts and under a load of 274 watts - which is not true. 

I said this multiple times, values are taken from macOS. You should file a bug at Apple for unsupported hardware..... but I can image the answere 

EDIT

you can try:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208898

They can fix it... if someone will tell to them

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2020 at 8:46 AM, Andrey1970 said:

But then users will send not full configuration files of motherboards to database HWMonitorSMC2.

In configuration database there shall be all fans.

Both Aida64 and hwmonitor64 shows only my connected fans. So if that is not done in the user space then this is done in the kernel space. I.e. you should avoid to do that: 

setTachometerValue(i, (count < 0xff) ? 1.35e6f / (count * divisor) : 0);

but maybe some thing like that:

setTachometerValue(i, (count < 0xff) ? 1.35e6f / (count * divisor) : 0xffff);

... so any client will know that the value is voluntarily wrong... i.e not valid to be shown.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

@vector sigma

HWMonitorSMC2 and IPG show different frequencies.
It not different timing.

IPG show "Core Frequency min/max" for the entire life time of the app. Means if you turn on the pc in the morning (and you launch a benchmark) min is the low frequency when you started up the computer, while the frequency max will be the max frequency you registered yesterday Lol.

In HWMonitorSMC2 min and max refear between two samples. As you can set from 10 ms up to 10 seconds, while IPG.app from 5ms to 1 seconds. 

Intel also doesn't show frequencies/temperature in detail for each core because needs a new interface. Timings are all, but I don't need IPG to know my mobile cpu reaches 3,1GHz in turbo boost... I know that already :)

P.S. if you want more precision create a file or directory to your Desktop:

~/Desktop/IPGPMU

and restart the app. Be aware that from now on there is only one winner between applications that uses IntelPowerGadget.framework, HWMonitorSMC2 or the other.

Another tip, if you create:

~/Desktop/IPGOLD

HWMonitorSMC2.app will use the old library...

19 hours ago, vector sigma said:

IPG show "Core Frequency min/max" for the entire life time of the app. Means if you turn on the pc in the morning (and you launch a benchmark) min is the low frequency when you started up the computer, while the frequency max will be the max frequency you registered yesterday Lol.

In HWMonitorSMC2 min and max refear between two samples. As you can set from 10 ms up to 10 seconds, while IPG.app from 5ms to 1 seconds. 

Intel also doesn't show frequencies/temperature in detail for each core because needs a new interface. Timings are all, but I don't need IPG to know my mobile cpu reaches 3,1GHz in turbo boost... I know that already :)

P.S. if you want more precision create a file or directory to your Desktop:

~/Desktop/IPGPMU

and restart the app. Be aware that from now on there is only one winner between applications that uses IntelPowerGadget.framework, HWMonitorSMC2 or the other.

Another tip, if you create:

~/Desktop/IPGOLD

HWMonitorSMC2.app will use the old library...

I would prefer IPGPMU or IPGOLD, but it works only if IPG is started and I don't like to hold the folder on a desktop.
It is better to provide a choice to the user in settings:

IPGVECTOR

IPGPMU

IPGOLD

It is possible?

On 2/2/2020 at 8:35 PM, vector sigma said:

New HWMonitorSMC2.app v2.6.0 here with all the changes discussed here and there :)

835572634_Screenshot2020-02-02at20_08_05.thumb.png.36e150903cbaaaa9a2dc327f247b2eac.png

Just downloaded it, how can I show the plots? I don't have them, somehow. And find no settings where to activate them.

20 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

I would prefer IPGPMU or IPGOLD, but it works only if IPG is started and I don't like to hold the folder on a desktop.
It is better to provide a choice to the user in settings:

IPGVECTOR

IPGPMU

IPGOLD

It is possible?

Please, what do you mean for IPGVECTOR?

The PMU it is now an option and also i made a reset button to start a new sample (so you will be able to monitorize only the wanted delta in time). Not yet committed, it will be soon.

The old header it is clearly marked as deprecated:

// WARNING: This API has been deprecated and will be removed in a future version, 
please upgrade to the new PowerGadgetLib.h API

So it is a bad idea because in v3.7.1 ...probably the older will miss

1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

Added

Sure you want to show VIn4, VIN5, VIN6 and VIN8 without know what they are?

Yes, let users decide whether it is necessary or not, you can always skip it. everyone sets up what he needs, and I just verified that it works.103051815_2020-02-1418_17_10.png.c149653c78bb980fd6d062b76f6c182b.png

Edited by Nuacho

HWMonitorSMC2.app v2.6.1 released.

3 hours ago, Nuacho said:

Yes, let users decide whether it is necessary or not, you can always skip it. everyone sets up what he needs, and I just verified that it works.

I admit that a little more research (e.g. running both Aida64 and HWSensor in Windows) would have been helpful to you discovering more stuff. But consider again that not all the sensors can be physically attached to a real sensor but shown because the LPC chip has those pins. Anyway I've added it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

HWMonitorSMC2.app v2.6.1 released.

I admit that a little more research (e.g. running both Aida64 and HWSensor in Windows) would have been helpful to you discovering more stuff. But consider again that not all the sensors can be physically attached to a real sensor but shown because the LPC chip has those pins. Anyway I've added it.

Thanks for the advice, I understand that. for example, I’ll research which indicators work and which simply show a number.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nuacho said:

vcore 0,024v? maybe you were wrong?

VIN0 should be Vcore as per chip specs ... But you are right, I don't know which is the shown value. Maybe some PLL volts?

I'll try to find some info.

Her is the plist hidding this info for now

Thanks Nuacho for your notice¡¡¡

Z97MX-Gaming 5.plist

Edited by DocXavier