</data>
				<key>New item</key>
				<string></string>
			</dict>

<key>F10T0000F00T0000F00T0000</key>

this is supposed to be your lcd panels product-id

like this:

<key>F10T046f</key>

i dont know where you got the first non working injector but ithis: F10T0000F00T0000F00T0000  is not correct.

this one F10T046f is correct,

it has nothing to do with no brightness slider either, thats because of dsdt/ssdt,

i dont know why you dont have slider though, delete the non working kext its useless

Edited by onejay09
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, onejay09 said:

try this injector to fix max brightness half way up slider, its not perfect but better 

AppleBacklightInjector.kext.zip

So.... now there are only 2 extra levels :hysterical:

EDIT: I'm going to try changing the max brightness value of the injector until it works, thanks!

EDIT 2: so I realized that the min and max brightness values have nothing to do with the brightness levels :rolleyes:

EDIT 3: okay weird thing is I get 3 extra backlight levels while on AC power but only 2 extra when on battery?!

8 hours ago, onejay09 said:

the slider should come up with the dsdt/ssdt patches, the injector just atatches to the lcd

Mind telling me where to find these patches, as I tried the ones in @RehabMan's laptop repo before but I believe it is for intel gpus only.

Edited by M3G4DR01D

10 hours ago, onejay09 said:

no the backlight in config.plist is so you dont boot with a black screen, as brightness will set to 0 at boot without it.

the 4 extra levels can be fixed by changing the values used in the injector, lets get it working first.

hows the config.plist?

So I set config.plist/SystemParameters/BacklightLevel to null (empty), and guess what? now the brightness level is saved after boot! :D

Edited by M3G4DR01D
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, M3G4DR01D said:

So.... now there are only 2 extra levels :hysterical:

EDIT: I'm going to try changing the max brightness value of the injector until it works, thanks!

EDIT 2: so I realized that the min and max brightness values have nothing to do with the brightness levels :rolleyes:

EDIT 3: okay weird thing is I get 3 extra backlight levels while on AC power but only 2 extra when on battery?!

Mind telling me where to find these patches, as I tried the ones in @RehabMan's laptop repo before but I believe it is for intel gpus only.

theyre in ssdt-8.aml

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, M3G4DR01D said:

Can you tell me what to edit/patch here?

Should I edit the _BCL method?

you dont understand, ive already given them to you. the _DSM method for pci0.peg0.pegp i added for you in ssdt-8.aml

Edited by onejay09
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, onejay09 said:

you dont understand, ive already given them to you. the _DSM method for pci0.peg0.pegp i added for you in ssdt-8.aml

Oh okay, but the brightness levels are still messed up and there's still no slider should I do something on my side?

• Like 1

Ok so I booted without Nvidia drivers set the backlight to 0x360 in config.plist and trying again

Ok so nothing changed still no slider and still 2 extra brightness levels BUT the touchpad is now detected in the system preferences but without input

4 minutes ago, onejay09 said:

did you have brightness slider with either?

theres nothing missing regards backlight patches, the patches are working

maybe rename pegp to gfx0

also voodooi2c sometimes doesnt work if you boot with usb mouse plugged in

No the slider didn't work in either, and I'll now reboot without the usb mouse, and where do I rename pegp to gfx0? int DSDT?

okay so I just rebooted without any external devices mouse, phone usb etc, and the touchpad still doesn't work, btw is your touchpad ELAN 1200, if yes then do the gestures work for you?

8 minutes ago, onejay09 said:

yes exactly same touchpad as mine, im on rog gl702vm

yes you can pinch zoom and 3 finger swipe etc.

the ioreg indicates the touchpad is working 

i renamed here

replace all dsdt/ssdt

patched 3.zip

Okay its still not working, should I try installing VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID to S/L/E instead?

here's the IOReg: https://www59.zippyshare.com/v/Wwb6HYFe/file.html