Boot from HD, goes straight to reset

ofirkarin

2 posts in this topic

Im installing OSx86 10.4.6 on pc (dual boot) but on different hard drives, i've gone through the installation fine and it was successful, and when i restart and remove the DVD so it will bot from the HD (which is set to primary) it starts booting (in the -v mode even though i didnt type -v), it goes and goes and then it gos to black screen and restart computer, and so on... it doesn stop on a certain line in the diagnostic mode so i cant tell you where it stucks...

any ideas ?

During the installation, when you get to the window where you are to click the Install button, you must first click the Customize button and choose packages for your computer. Click the little arrow next to the patches category to reveal the individual packages. Select Intel or AMD packages, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest version of OSX. Select other packages only if you know your computer can use them.

10.4.6 picture

Once you get your computer booting, you can get rid of the scrolling text.

Edit the boot.plist file at "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" and DELETE the -v in the following:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v</string>

You can edit the file by dragging it to the Desktop and editing it with TextEdit, then dragging it back, answering the 2 resulting dialogs - Authenticate and yes to replace, then followed by using Disk Utility to repair permissions on the OSX partition.

Or you can do it via Terminal with this command:

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist