How do I get high resolution at clover boot like I did during install?

jcmrdc

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Brazil! Today I did a fresh install of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3. During the entire install my screen resolution was high and crisp by default, without me having to do anything, but once it finished and I went through the post-install configurations and installed the Nvidia WebDrivers, now Clover boots in low resolution, so my question is:

How do I get high resolution at boot like I did during install?

Thank you very much for your time and help. I really appreciate it.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 from App Store
Motherboard Gigabyte G41MT-S2P F3 (legacy boot only)
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
EVGA GTX 1050 Ti (4 GigaBytes)
8 Gigabytes of RAM
HD Samsung SATA 1 TeraByte

Monitor resolution 1920 x 1080

I have already checked that.  It's set 1920 x 1080 by default.  This is a freaking mystery.  I mean, why would clover have high resolution at install and then low resolution after?  It makes no sense.

Then try on config.plist at Install Drivers to install ''CsmVideoDxe''

if that still doesn't work, I would transfer all USB/EFI to HDD/EFI and then add the post install kexts and create new SMBIOS from the transferred config.plist

My motherboard is legacy only. It doesn't have UEFI boot, so CsmVideoDxe wouldn't work for me.  Also, I tried copying the BOOT file and the EFI folder from the USB install thumb drive to my Mac, but unfortunately it didn't work.

I also had doubts to give you the right help because of that Legacy mobo and I use only UEFI since 2013, For UEFI mobo there is also a BIOS changes which gives only native res for any boot without config.plist settings but didn't said that because I know you use Legacy, but at least I tried.. Hope someone can help you, gl