Help - boot with Lenovo M900z

luky35

547 posts in this topic

I would like to make clean installation of macOS Sierra 10.10.5 with EFI bootloader v4097.

Can you please make an EFI disk for me and set config.plist for my PC Lenovo M900z.

I'd like to save EFI disk for future new installations in case something goes bad.

Thanks in advance!

Well your EFI folder looks OK. the latest version is 4098.

I just remove the extra themes for making the package smaller. I understand that you are using the in_box theme so I removed all the extra themes.

Test it and let me know if it's ok.

Just remember that you can use the EFI folder on your USB disk to make the HDD bootable and vise versa.

EFI-Luky35-4098.zip

@cyberdevs hi,

MacOS Sierra works very nicely. I made a backup to the external disk. Now I would try a high sierra if it worked on my computer.

I need an EFI or Clover folder for an experiment.

I'm asking @MaLd0n if she helps me.

You've helped me a lot to have a good macOS Sierra work on my computer now.

Hi there :)

I'm glad that you have a stable hackintosh using macOS Sierra :)

For macOS High Sierra you can use the same EFI folder that you are using for Sierra, nothing special is needed except for some additional boot flags to make the graphics and audio to work under macOS High Sierra.

I use the same EFI folder for El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra and everything is working completely OK.

Add the following boot flags under the Boot section's custom flags:

-lilubeta, -alcbeta, -igfxbeta

For macOS High Sierra you'll need the latest version of clover which is officially 4097 on sourcefourge.

Hi there :)

I'm glad that you have a stable hackintosh using macOS Sierra :)

For macOS High Sierra you can use the same EFI folder that you are using for Sierra, nothing special is needed except for some additional boot flags to make the graphics and audio to work under macOS High Sierra.

I use the same EFI folder for El Capitan, macOS Sierra, macOS High Sierra and everything is working completely OK.

Add the following boot flags under the Boot section's custom flags:

-lilubeta, -alcbeta, -igfxbeta

For macOS High Sierra you'll need the latest version of clover which is officially 4097 on sourcefourge.

I will try to report it.

Just remember if you want to use APFS (Apple File System) you'll need to add apfs.efi to drivers64UEFI folder, otherwise you can't use APFS formatted hard disks in clover and you won't be able to boot into macOS High Sierra.

But a quick tip that might be helpful is to remove the DSDT.aml just to test and see if the installer can load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No change after removing DSDT.aml  :(

well, the same thing happened to me on my Z170X rig and I had to change the USB port for the installation to load correctly from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 port and since your computer doesn't have USB 2.0 ports it's a little bit harder. The USB port patch doesn't work on the fly for the installer, however it works for the installed version of the macOS High Sierra.

You can try few different methods:

1. Change the USB port while you get the error message.

2. Run the installer from macOS Sierra and choose the destination drive on another partition, hard disk, external hdd or a flash drive that you want to install macOS High Sierra 

3. Remove all the USB related ACPI patches and/or DSDT/SSDT tables

4. Create a custom SSDT-UIAC for your USB ports look here at Custom SSDT-UIAC section.

But give this config.plist a try first and if that didn't work try the 4 steps above.

config.plist.zip

cyberdevs

Hi ... :)

If you are installing 10.13 DP2, the port limit patch  is not correct..
You should use this patch
Kext: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: 837D8C10
Replace: 837D8C1b

PMheart --> #5            

Hi @gengik84,

Thanks for the heads up,

I think I missed that post by PMheart :)

@luky35

Use this file instead. I edited the wrong patch info with the correct one that @gengik84 posted.

config.plist.zip

• Like 1