[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, JCsHands said:

Hey MaLd0n, could you help me out with my DSDT? I've tried to patch mine in the past but would like some help this time around. I can't ever seem to get it working just right. 

Send me.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

3 hours ago, sTroKe™ said:

Here's my second results after adding the DSDT and removing XHCIMux kext.

Thanks again!

Send me 2 DvnxelsiMac.zip

looks good

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n, your guides and tools from Olarila have single handedly helped me get my hackingtosh running.  I can't think you enough. I have fought and fought video cards though, looking for something with native support. With a fresh install of Mojave and a new MSI RX 570 4gb, 0x67DF1002, I finally have native a video card without having to edit kexts or anything else (I believed with full acceleration). System information showing proper Radeon RX 570 4096. It has 3x Displayport, 1x HDMI, 1 DVI-DL. However, I can only get 2 of the displayports to output display. Displayport 3, and the HDMI are showing connected to displays (with full information showing about the monitors connection and brand/model etc in profiler), and even populate a display in the monitor arrangement in sys prefs, but they just stay black (I tried with the DVI-DL as well, same result, full detection of display, but no video displayed). This maybe a framebuffer issue, but I don't know where to go. Could you provide any insight or assistance? Any help is greatly appreciated from everyone! Thanks in advance. 

Using Lilu and Whatevergreen causes black screen at boot and no display every time. Deinit causes reboot before OSX loads to login. 

Lenovo S30 Thinkstation - Intel Xeon 1620v1

64gb DDR3 non ecc. 

180gb Intel Sata SSD

MSI RX 570 4gb (0x67DF1002) (native detection)

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (kx driver)

ASUS Bluetooth Dongle (native detection)

USB2/3 fully working

Edited by Blckout0099

47 minutes ago, Blckout0099 said:

Hey MaLd0n, your guides and tools from Olarila have single handedly helped me get my hackingtosh running.  I can't think you enough. I have fought and fought video cards though, looking for something with native support. With a fresh install of Mojave and a new MSI RX 570 4gb, 0x67DF1002, I finally have native a video card without having to edit kexts or anything else (I believed with full acceleration). System information showing proper Radeon RX 570 4096. It has 3x Displayport, 1x HDMI, 1 DVI-DL. However, I can only get 2 of the displayports to output display. Displayport 3, and the HDMI are showing connected to displays (with full information showing about the monitors connection and brand/model etc in profiler), and even populate a display in the monitor arrangement in sys prefs, but they just stay black (I tried with the DVI-DL as well, same result, full detection of display, but no video displayed). This maybe a framebuffer issue, but I don't know where to go. Could you provide any insight or assistance? Any help is greatly appreciated from everyone! Thanks in advance. 

Using Lilu and Whatevergreen causes black screen at boot and no display every time. Deinit causes reboot before OSX loads to login. 

check if have CSM option in bios

I followed the guide and made an bootable usb with mojave using the create instal media app and put in the clover folder from first post (i did some edit to the clover config to make it works on my machine) but when i try install it say that need a compatible metal and file vault device to isntall mojave in this computer.
What i'm doing wrong?

I'm using a gigabyte h55m-usb3 with a xeon x3440 and a geforce gtx 660ti

config.plist

2 hours ago, BakaPhoenix said:

I followed the guide and made an bootable usb with mojave using the create instal media app and put in the clover folder from first post (i did some edit to the clover config to make it works on my machine) but when i try install it say that need a compatible metal and file vault device to isntall mojave in this computer.
What i'm doing wrong?

I'm using a gigabyte h55m-usb3 with a xeon x3440 and a geforce gtx 660ti

config.plist

try with smbios iMac13,2

1 hour ago, Frank Nitty said:

Haven't been on your page in a while, but I see you're still at work offering resources/tutorials for folks w/ legacy hardware. Much respect MaLd0n. Folks don't realize how much of a legend you are in the OSX mod scene. 

Welcome, Frank!!! :wink_anim:

Dear MaLd0n

I am installed High Sierra on my ProBook 4330s with this spec:

Proc: Intel Core i5-2520M, 

VGA: Intel HD Graphics 3000, 

Wireless: Qualcomm Atheros ARL8111, 

LAN: Realtek Semiconductor RTL8111, 

Audio: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series.

I have searched everywhere and stuck at those problems:

1. Wifi not connected, I have the kext and when I install it, the machine becomes not responding

2. There is a glitch in the desktop when I minimize the windows and maximize it the glitch will be gone.

3. No Audio installed

4. Brightness key is not working.

The result from RunMe.app can't be uploaded directly, so I upload it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rqDwgCjx7DbNJtkaAHZ9cFxLCLPw1ard. I'm looking forward to your help.

19 hours ago, divon85 said:

Dear MaLd0n

I am installed High Sierra on my ProBook 4330s with this spec:

Proc: Intel Core i5-2520M, 

VGA: Intel HD Graphics 3000, 

Wireless: Qualcomm Atheros ARL8111, 

LAN: Realtek Semiconductor RTL8111, 

Audio: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series.

I have searched everywhere and stuck at those problems:

1. Wifi not connected, I have the kext and when I install it, the machine becomes not responding

2. There is a glitch in the desktop when I minimize the windows and maximize it the glitch will be gone.

3. No Audio installed

4. Brightness key is not working.

The result from RunMe.app can't be uploaded directly, so I upload it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rqDwgCjx7DbNJtkaAHZ9cFxLCLPw1ard. I'm looking forward to your help.

DSDT.aml.zip

-Audio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YX1a-1aa0
-Battery
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver
-Video
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335018-intel-fb-patcher-v151/
-Brightness
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/applebacklightfixup