[Guide] El Capitan, Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series / Nehalem, SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell, Broadwell

MaLd0n
2,509 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, waters said:

Hello MaLd0n,
Please I need your support for Clover folder and dsdt-ssdt patching,
Im not newbie on hackintoshing, but gave a huge 4 years gap since 10.10 's  till Mojave :(

As you can see from my partition table and screenshots; (inside attached file.)
I have a 90% working mbr chameleon HSierra (Niresh) on one disk and decided to install guid Mojave on the other disk;
(Bios is ahci legacy, not UEFI as I need legacy for other os.)

I can success in getting QE/CI (HD4000) once in 10 times trial.     ...need your clover support...
But the main problem is; its an AllinOne PC, (no certain vendor but Acer did similars in 2013's)
So, oncpu vga has only hdmi out and inside lvds connect (old 2013's one finger touch)
I can only see from hdmi output, any osx installation will start from lvds screen and continue from hdmi output when choose your region screen
starts at installation procedure.

Specs;

--------------------
21.5 monitor, one finger touch, AllinOne PC

touch need no driver, one finger press left mouse, stay 3 sec more: right mouse. thats all.
H61 chipset; mainboard ECS H61H-G11 V1.0A  Ivy bridge
i5 3570K cpu, has HD4000 vga on it. hdmi out only, connected by lvds from inside like notebooks.
2x 4 gb ddr3 1333Mhz ram
slim mainboard, no pci slots. very huge fans.
1 minipci slot connected Broadcom wifi                     works
sound: realtek 662 +intel                                        works
network Realtek RTL811                                          works
usb bluetooth (Belkin-Broadcom)                           works
webcam                                                                 works
sd card reader  Realtek                                           works
usb kb and mouse                                                  works
i have no usb 3.0 ports, only 2.0

--------------------

note1: I cant install any external vga as the mainboard has no pci-e, pci, ... any slots available. no slot mainboard.
note2: if i choose in clover dsdt file:bios.aml its different, if i choose file:dsdt.aml its different!
note3: this (Mojave) is an installation of legacy, ahci bios, guid hdd.   (not an uefi guid installation)...

I think my smbios model should be iMac 13,2   -   not 14,2 ???
SSDT.aml in main folder taken by ssdtPRGen.command

Thanks.

www.insanelymac.com_files.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 2

Hi, ty

After copying dsdt.aml to efi/clover/acpi/patched ... folder;

And in clover start ---> choosing the dsdt file=dsdt.aml,  instead of bios.aml,

its all same again; except that now i can see all my pci card definitions in the system report. (picture below)

it was empty before.

I can sometimes open system with full qe/ci (transparent menubar and taskbar) , but most of the times it is not, but always says hd4000 1.5 gb vga detected in system report.

Can you send me a sample config.plist for Ivy systems 3xxx series cpu, hd4000 vga,

my mainboard was Sandy with an i3 2xxx cpu, i updated bios(me) to ivy and updated cpu to i5 3xxx.

As im sure of its related with the clover acpi patch choices and mojave patches.

My config.plis below. cheers.

after_dsdt.png

config.plist.zip

Thank you for your kind replies :)

I studied a bit, downloaded your config.plist for"Intel 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Chipset Series"   edited config.plist boot arguments and added some Mojave patches,Now i can alwayz boot with qe/ci on, (from the hdmi output)   :)  :)  :)  

So this part is stable now!

By the way if i use your kext folder, as soon as graphics starts, computer shuts down.

So i use my kexts, this is maybe because of never kexts needed for Mojave side.

Mojave thinks my Mac is "Macmini6,2"    Its feasable because that one has no screen, only vga/dvi/hdmi out to an external monitor.

But i wanted my Mac to be either iMac13,2 or 14,2

Question 1: is it ok to edit smbios and serial number bla bla... to achieve iMac 13,2 ? or may it ruin my system - qe/ci ?

You see from below picture, right side is AllinOne PC, left side is external monitor.

just before OS starts, the white apple logo on black screen; the view goes to the external monitor. login screen comes from ext. mon.

Question 2 : From my past experience its related for HD4000 vga, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext or similars for Mojave...

will i go on editing them for internal lvds screen or

will i go on editing clover setup with clover configurator for vga ?

Thanks a lot...

apple-mac-mini-2011.jpg

apple-imac-27-2012.jpg

screenmain.jpg

5 hours ago, Fantasy761 said:

Hi @MaLd0n Is it possible to make startup/shutdown more consistent and quicker? Sometimes it takes a long time to shutdown. I have the DSDT you made for me.

DSDT.aml

clover have options for it

Reset Adress and Reset Value, acpi tab

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n,

Got somewhat further with my Lenovo T470s - wifi, start up / shut down and all functions seem ok

Still issue with Battery indicator / and trackpad (using Rehabman's kexts)

I've attached the runme files - hoping you could take a look and advise?

Send me MacBook-Pro-2.zip

Thanks in advance bro

Edited by Dan_Marshall

11 hours ago, Fantasy761 said:

@MaLd0n I just ran into an issue. My USB 3.0 card reader doesnt work on macos. I tried it on Windows and it's working. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 8.46.10 PM.png

DSDT.aml.zip

5 hours ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Hi MaLd0n,

Got somewhat further with my Lenovo T470s - wifi, start up / shut down and all functions seem ok

Still issue with Battery indicator / and trackpad (using Rehabman's kexts)

I've attached the runme files - hoping you could take a look and advise?

Thanks in advance bro

hey

trackpad u need a correct plugin PS2, u know a correct model u have?

Battery don't have in rehabman repository? have a some infos here

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

add a PlugIn type in ur config.plist, acpi tab

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

hey

trackpad u need a correct plugin PS2, u know a correct model u have?

Battery don't have in rehabman repository? have a some infos here

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

add a PlugIn type in ur config.plist, acpi tab

Hi MaLd0n - Trackpad now working fine and set up well

Battery Kext in however still no go. When power pugged in, battery status is 0% and low battery warning when umplugged.

Attached send me files with updates

Edited by Dan_Marshall

1 hour ago, Dan_Marshall said:

Hi MaLd0n - Trackpad now working fine and set up well

Battery Kext in however still no go. When power pugged in, battery status is 0% and low battery warning when umplugged.

Attached send me files with updates

what correct notebook model?

• Like 2

Hello,

need help please! I am trying to install High Sierra (or Mojave, happy to have either) on a Dell Optiplex XE2 desktop, which has a Q87 chipset with Core i7 4770s haswell processor with 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 160MHz Kingston RAM from Hynix.

I have an ASUS GT730 in the system, I will get that running in some way or other after the install... for the install I am happy to use VESA mode.

I have played around with Hackintosh in the past (last time being LION) and always managed to get it working, on different hardware - Dell and Lenovo laptops and Dell desktops mainly.

However, after a week of trying different versions of clover with different patch options, I have yet to be able to successfully start the High Sierra or Mojave installer. I have the high sierra latest version downloaded from the Mac store.

Not worried about USB3, about sound etc. I just want to get the installer working, get a system that boots, anything else is a bonus as I figure that I can work other stuff out later.

I have attached the DSDT dump of my system here, if anyone can help in any way, I would be very appreciative.

THanks,

Neale

ACPIDump.7z

1 hour ago, nealedowling said:

Hello,

need help please! I am trying to install High Sierra (or Mojave, happy to have either) on a Dell Optiplex XE2 desktop, which has a Q87 chipset with Core i7 4770s haswell processor with 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 160MHz Kingston RAM from Hynix.

I have an ASUS GT730 in the system, I will get that running in some way or other after the install... for the install I am happy to use VESA mode.

I have played around with Hackintosh in the past (last time being LION) and always managed to get it working, on different hardware - Dell and Lenovo laptops and Dell desktops mainly.

However, after a week of trying different versions of clover with different patch options, I have yet to be able to successfully start the High Sierra or Mojave installer. I have the high sierra latest version downloaded from the Mac store.

Not worried about USB3, about sound etc. I just want to get the installer working, get a system that boots, anything else is a bonus as I figure that I can work other stuff out later.

I have attached the DSDT dump of my system here, if anyone can help in any way, I would be very appreciative.

THanks,

Neale

ACPIDump.7z

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

Wow, that was quick. Thank you. I'll try that now.

So to recap, just to check I'm not doing anything stupid:

Erase USB and destination disk in my MacOS VM with Disk Utility.

Create USB installer with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and High Sierre image from App Store / iTunes Store / Mac store (What do they call it on a mac?)

Download clover forlder for Intel 5 6 7 8 etc chipset from Olarila, and overwrite any existing files.

Use clover configurator to change :

SMBIOS - set up as iMac 14.3 (has i5 4570s whereas I have i7 4770s) - in system select Trust, generate SmUUID and Serial NUmber - ensure serial unused on real mac by checking warranty coverage with Apple.

image.png.26cfe4ee75a9f9d9c50eab897f35b8fa.png

Check ACPI settings to ensure correct DSDT name used and copy the extracted file you kindly uploaded and copy to CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

image.thumb.png.b4bafd1e5451ba7422441f535c73c74f.png

FYI, and as you can see from my clover configurator, I have not set any details for my RAM memory. I can do that if required...

I will give this setup a try now and let you know how I get on.....

There will definately be a beer or two to donate if I can get OSX at least installed.

Also, never know if DellSMBIOS patch is required or not.... is it for all Dell machines - maybe only laptops... will try with and without...

26 minutes ago, nealedowling said:

Wow, that was quick. Thank you. I'll try that now.

So to recap, just to check I'm not doing anything stupid:

Erase USB and destination disk in my MacOS VM with Disk Utility.

Create USB installer with ##### and High Sierre image from App Store / iTunes Store / Mac store (What do they call it on a mac?)

Download clover forlder for Intel 5 6 7 8 etc chipset from Olarila, and overwrite any existing files.

Use clover configurator to change :

SMBIOS - set up as iMac 14.3 (has i5 4570s whereas I have i7 4770s) - in system select Trust, generate SmUUID and Serial NUmber - ensure serial unused on real mac by checking warranty coverage with Apple.

k

• Like 1

It is getting further, for sure, and I have tried with and without the DellSMBIOS pach and without, and tried disabling the Intel Graphics and not...

Here is where it is getting to after selecting Installer from Clover. Do I need to set memory module info in clover configurator?Boot.thumb.jpg.f543faa2ff048f82e0ba03d15f656778.jpg:

One last question: I need to set plugin type to 1 as in the screenshot above right?