Lilu — kext and process patcher

vit9696
395 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Ok, please upload AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext from /S/L/E somewhere.

emmm...I think the panic was generated by [Boot macOS Install from xxxxx], not from [Boot macOS from xxxxx], where should I get the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext ?

I mount the BaseSystem.dmg

$ cd /macOS\ Install\ Data
$ sudo hdiutil attach Locked\ Files/BaseSystem.dmg
$ cd /Volumes/macOS\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions
$ cp -R AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext ~/Downloads

then copy from /S/L/E:

AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.zip

Edited by darkhandz
complete command line

20 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Awesome work, the panic gone away.

I can get into the 10.14.4 db2 installation and finished the update, thanks for your help :)

Edited by darkhandz
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm having a devil of a time with a real Mac Pro with Mojave (10.14) and a Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8GB (GV-RX580AORUS-8GD). I'm getting panics like this with various applications and games:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8014ad01dd): "PHYSMAP_PTOV bounds exceeded, 0xffffff96fffffc00, 0xfffffe9700000000, 0xfffffeb800000000"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-4903.261.4/osfmk/i386/pmap.h:515

Apple seems to be a real putz about the situation and are washing their hands of the issue. Is it possible that running Lilu with WhateverGreen (previously Shiki) would resolve such issues on a Mac Pro?  Are there any gotchas that one should be aware of when loading these kexts up without Clover?  Would I need to load this directly into the system kexts, non-system library kexts or something else with EFI?

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, vit9696 said:

Sure, with injectPayload API into the user process relevant for this part (similarly to Cydia Tweaks). You will have to write userspace bootstrap code on your own, however.

Thank you for your reply.
Have nice day!

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2019 at 4:30 AM, vit9696 said:

Sure, with injectPayload API into the user process relevant for this part (similarly to Cydia Tweaks). You will have to write userspace bootstrap code on your own, however.

I try to compile Lilu.kext from latest Commit in github with XCode 10.2.1. But it can be loaded, ofcourse all plugin can't be loaded too. Instant restart with OpenCore bootloader. 

5 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I try to compile Lilu.kext from latest Commit in github with XCode 10.2.1. But it can be loaded, ofcourse all plugin can't be loaded too. Instant restart with OpenCore bootloader. 

I am using the latest commits of Lilu, AppleALC, WEG, CPUFriend and OpenCore and no issues, you might want to try the latest commit Debug version of Lilu and see what its failing on. 

10 minutes ago, Pavo said:
I am using the latest commits of Lilu, AppleALC, WEG, CPUFriend and OpenCore and no issues, you might want to try the latest commit Debug version of Lilu and see what its failing on. 

All plugin is latest commit, if i used latest commit (one hour ago) with Release or debug version, it seem lilu.kext fail to load, of course virtualsmc, whatevergreen and other fail too.

I will reuse my latest lilu.kext from 18 july 2018 :)

3bb7736091f1dcf3dbb93c1bcbb59ec3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Please use latest lilu.kext with latest commit and boot to Mojave :)

17 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Please use latest lilu.kext with latest commit and boot to Mojave :)

I am using latest commits of Lilu and all other plugins from 20 minutes ago but booting Catalina beta 4. Still no issues

7 minutes ago, Pavo said:

I am using latest commits of Lilu and all other plugins from 20 minutes ago but booting Catalina beta 4. Still no issues

Ok this is the conditions
1. Use latest commit of all plugin (VirtualSMC.kext, CPUfriend.kext, CpuProvider.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and AppleALC.kext) + latest commit lilu.kext to Mojave. Result : stuck like picture above,, ACPICPU (mostly because VirtualSMC fail to loaded). I try to just change lilu.kext only from my latest compile (18 July 2019). It's boot ok, even with latest commit of plugin. So there is no problem about all plugin kext.

2. Use latest commit of all plugin (VirtualSMC.kext, CPUfriend.kext, CpuProvider.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and AppleALC.kext) + latest commit lilu.kext to Mojave. Result,, no stuck but just get black screen :) It's look VirtualSMC.kext is loaded but WhateverGreen.kext is not loaded. I can't check IOREG because display is black. If i press random keyboard, then i can hear sound,, so it boot to desktop. I try to just change lilu.kext again from my latest compile (18 July 2019). It's boot ok, even with latest commit of plugin too

My conclusions is,, newest commit of lilu.kext is 100 percent can be loaded into Mojave in my Specifications, but in Catalina, several Plugin still can loaded. I don't know the detail, maybe you can try it in Mojave. @Matgen84 get trouble too with Lilu.kext,, but i give him my old Lilu.kext (Compiled in 18 July 2019) and it boots ok.

I have compiled all kexts with XCode 10.2.1 in Mojave

Sorry for bad english :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Ok, vit make new commit 3 mnutes ago, i will try it now
image.thumb.png.ea94396a2d4d5a5dcf61e3dbe06ec813.png

image.png.3de622bef0ac98afcf7c8fc3d347a239.png

Hello.

How I can compile source files to Lilu.kext file? I clone repo from github, open "capstone" folder in terminal and execute "make" command, but I have error.

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [libcapstone.dylib] Error 1

In XCode 10.2.1 I execute Build and build finished successful, but I can't see Lilu.kext ((

Снимок экрана 2019-07-26 в 23.30.58.png

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, Carbonimax said:

Here it is

EFI.zip

First, update Clover to latest release r5091. Lilu and his plugins seems to be update.

You have to choose between Fakesmc and virtualsmc in Kexts/Other: remove one + his plugins; in drivers/UEFI, remove all FileFault drivers (like virutalsmc.efi for example).

Post your preboot.log after that. Please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...