[GUIDE] Lenovo T460/T470 macOS with Clover and OpenCore

tluck

1,289 posts in this topic

@tluck what steps do I need to do, if I want to apply your files onto my W540 laptop? firstly only patch renames or something else?

when I run createAppleBackliteInjector.command I got such errors:

$ ./createAppleBacklightInjector.command

Cannot parse a NULL or zero-length data

./generateInjector.bash: line 15: printf: Error: invalid number

./generateInjector.bash: line 15: printf: Reading: invalid number

./generateInjector.bash: line 15: printf: File:: invalid number

./generateInjector.bash: line 15: printf: /tmp/org.rehabman.display.plist: invalid number

Target Location for Injector kext: ../../EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Created AppleBacklightInjector.kext for DisplayID: F10T0000F00T0000F00T0000

Edited by nysander
script error

Please find files updated for Lenovo Thinkpad W540 -- not adjusted USB ports but after applying your DSDT patches

my battery indicator started to work

usb power is working and my wifi dongle started to work also my iPhone is able to connect to iTunes via USB

more progress soon I hope :)

DSDT.W540.zip

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nysander said:

Please find files updated for Lenovo Thinkpad W540 -- not adjusted USB ports but after applying your DSDT patches

my battery indicator started to work

usb power is working and my wifi dongle started to work also my iPhone is able to connect to iTunes via USB

more progress soon I hope :)

DSDT.W540.zip

unfortunately something is broken

my sound do not work any more after patching and touchpad stopped to work (but is visible in preferences), trackpoint works but very fast.

here are my current clover config:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4r1uu73i74hgjav/EFI-20180615-1236.zip?dl=0

any debugging help appreciated

So on my desktop hackintosh the CMD key is the Windows key and the alt key is the alt key. I noticed that in this package that is switched.

How do I make it so that it is back to default? I am not sure which DSDT it is.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 3:42 AM, cba3145 said:

So on my desktop hackintosh the CMD key is the Windows key and the alt key is the alt key. I noticed that in this package that is switched.

How do I make it so that it is back to default? I am not sure which DSDT it is.

Thanks

see Info.plist in VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents  - look for key "Swap command and option"

Edited by tluck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Working on getting a T470 running. 

Was able to install High Sierra and path to 10.13.6 using this guide and the base T460 setup. My T470 has an I5-6300u and Intel 520 graphics. 

A lot is working, and I am trying to build a new DSDT for my configuration. 

One issue before going on to the DSST issue, on shutdown, there seems to be a crash -- The sytem does shutdown and does not restart so it is basically OK. But when I restart I get "the system was restarted because of an error" and when I look at the report I get what is in the attachment. 

I dumped my DSDT from Clover, and first just tried to build with no patches, I get the error in the second attachment.

As a note, with the base T460 config. Function keys and Sleep are working. Graphics looks great. I think Battery is only 1 of the two batteries, and sound is not working. I wanted to get my own DSDT for my bios before tackling those issues. 

Many thanks. 

Scott

shutdown error.rtf

DSDT.T470

@tluck I have the t460 as well with same CPU but regular non hd screen. Everything is working for me aside from wifi because I've yet to change the card. My biggest issue is that the trackpad is sticky, it's not as fluid as it should be. How do I fix that issue? I'm tripple booted with windows 10, Sierra 10.12.6 and RemixOS. Trackpad works as it should in windows and Android. But in MacOs, it's very finicky. 

----------------------------

I fixed it, after some digging around and found the workaround a few post back about changing the integer from the trackpad value from 100 to 800 both places. However, I had to use another voodoops2 kext from my x1 carbon 4th edition then it worked nicely. The kexts from this bootpack was still flawed after the edits. 

Edited by Blaggah

Ahhhh, I missed that. Let me give it a try now. 

-----------------

I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Do I double click the createAppleBacklightInjector.command shell? It says it's supposed to send that kexts to the Other folder but it doesn't seem to output it there. 

Edited by Blaggah

Hello

I have done a clean install from High Sierra 10.13.6 on T460

I follow exactly your steps. I have several issues :

- the following instruction :

sudo diskutil corestorage revert /

doesn't work

- I have no sound at all

- trackpad is working strangely

- in Clover, there are several choices (prebooter). Is it normal?

- in Safari, sometimes it's a bit laggy when there are ads with video for instance

Thank you for your help and nice job tluck

Edited by Mat

Hi tluck, 

Using this a base for my i5-6300u T470 build. Things are going pretty well, thanks for all the information. 

One question. Your 3_Fn_keys.txt DSDT patch just adds notifications.

Your original DSTD before patching does not have a Device(PS2K) [neither does mine], but after patching it appears in your DSDT.dsl. Where does it come from? It is not in the 3_Fn_Keys.txt. 

My compile fails because I do not have the device. I am wondering how it got into your patched DSDT, but not in your original or patches?   

Cheers,

Scott.

Mr. Tluck,

I have an x270 that I recently got used from craigslist.

Do you think I can take your patches for the T470p that you have on your github and apply them to my x270?  Obviously I wouldn't use the nvidia patch.  I have a small error that my x270 reboots when sleeping for 30 to 60 minutes that I'm trying to solve.

Here's my link to tonymac, but none of the offered solutions have solved my issue.

Any other (besides nvidia) patches on your site that I should ignore or modify?

Are you in So Cal?  I'm in Orange County.

Thanks!!!

Edited by calimansi

I got it. Your script uses sed to do a substitution on PS2K. 

The patch failed for me because LPC needed to go to LPCB on my T470. 

Nice -- I now have Graphics, Sleep, Wifi, brightness, sound and function keys working perfectly o my T470. I need to figure out the KP on shutdown/reboot. It shows on the next restart, and I am getting tired of dismissing the dialog. Also have some funkyness on my battery0/battery1 --> batteryC patch not working perfectly.  

Hi @tluck -- I now have everything working great on my T470/i5-6300U. It required some DSDT changes and a few modified SSDT-* files from your base DSDT.T460 directory. I have a new DSDT.T470 directory with a README.md file. Are you still maintaining your git repo? If so I can send you my DDST.T470 directory for inclusion? 

Graphics, wifi, function keys, sleep, sound, battery notification and trackpad all work great. Thanks so much for this guide and your repo, they put me on the correct track. 

1 hour ago, kolodzieski said:

Hi @tluck -- I now have everything working great on my T470/i5-6300U. It required some DSDT changes and a few modified SSDT-* files from your base DSDT.T460 directory. I have a new DSDT.T470 directory with a README.md file. Are you still maintaining your git repo? If so I can send you my DDST.T470 directory for inclusion? 

Graphics, wifi, function keys, sleep, sound, battery notification and trackpad all work great. Thanks so much for this guide and your repo, they put me on the correct track. 

would be great if it's possible :-)

On 8/13/2018 at 12:00 PM, Blaggah said:

@tluck I have the t460 as well with same CPU but regular non hd screen. Everything is working for me aside from wifi because I've yet to change the card. My biggest issue is that the trackpad is sticky, it's not as fluid as it should be. How do I fix that issue? I'm tripple booted with windows 10, Sierra 10.12.6 and RemixOS. Trackpad works as it should in windows and Android. But in MacOs, it's very finicky. 

----------------------------

I fixed it, after some digging around and found the workaround a few post back about changing the integer from the trackpad value from 100 to 800 both places. However, I had to use another voodoops2 kext from my x1 carbon 4th edition then it worked nicely. The kexts from this bootpack was still flawed after the edits. 

@Blaggah Could you please share your voodoops2 kext from x1 carbon

Edited by verleihnix

17 hours ago, kolodzieski said:

Here are my changes plus a README-T470.md set of instructions. It could just be overlaid on a pull from @tluck 's  git repository

T470.zip

Thanks for that; I have the same T470 build with i5 6300u, hope this will work on my system. Did you manage to overcome kernel panic with report appearing after reboot?