AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,390 posts in this topic

I still can't get this to work on my IDT92HD91BXX on Sierra 10.12.3. It works perfectly fine on an injector but with AppleALC, I get no Output devices. I am attaching my IOReg and the screenshot showing no output devices. I tried without any Clover patches and removing my injector kext and only layout-12 is defined in DSDT. Any help will be appreciated.

Archive.zip

I still can't get this to work on my IDT92HD91BXX on Sierra 10.12.3. It works perfectly fine on an injector but with AppleALC, I get no Output devices. I am attaching my IOReg and the screenshot showing no output devices. I tried without any Clover patches and removing my injector kext and only layout-12 is defined in DSDT. Any help will be appreciated.

Your codec revision-id was missing. Added. Rebuild kext. Test it. Report. 

• Like 1

Hi,@vandroiy2012. There is a common patch for Conexant Audio Card. It can fix menubar when using keyboard to turn up/down volume. I have test if on my laptop. It is working. Can you insert it into next release?

Comment:Conexant menubar fix (credit wern apfel)
Name:AppleHDA
Find:6B707369 EB
Replace:63696D69 EB

Hi,@vandroiy2012. There is a common patch for Conexant Audio Card. It can fix menubar when using keyboard to turn up/down volume. I have test if on my laptop. It is working. Can you insert it into next release?

I think you should use clover kexttopatch section in config.plist to fix this issue.    

Is this to fix icons in the menubar 'jumping' towards the left, when clicking on the audio icon, or adjusting the volume?

It is exactly your codec

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-02-23 в 17.41.09.png

Fixed problem in latest commit bd3d8a5

Sync changes, rebuild kext, test it, report...

Thank you for your support.

So I've installed both AppleALC.kext 1.1.0 and Lilu.kext 1.0.0 releases (downloaded from github) to S/L/E with Kext Utility.app

Then rebooted into Sierra and still had no sound device detected. Both kexts correctly loaded before vanilla appleHDA.kext

My DSDT has AZAL to HDEF patch and layout-id set.

I'm sorry I did not mention before that I use enoch rev.2839 bootloader. I'm not sure if AppleALC is compatible with it.

Any further advice?

Thanks again.

Thank you for your support.

So I've installed both AppleALC.kext 1.1.0 and Lilu.kext 1.0.0 releases (downloaded from github) to S/L/E with Kext Utility.app

Then rebooted into Sierra and still had no sound device detected. Both kexts correctly loaded before vanilla appleHDA.kext

My DSDT has AZAL to HDEF patch and layout-id set.

I'm sorry I did not mention before that I use enoch rev.2839 bootloader. I'm not sure if AppleALC is compatible with it.

Any further advice?

Thanks again.

AppleALC with latest changes should be 1.1.1. Download latest sources from GitHub and build kext!!!

Hmm… @lihuachuan, I could imagine this change to be added but we need the following questions to be answered in order to:

1. Which particular codecs are affected (i.e. names/revisions)?

2. Are all the layouts affected?

3. Which particular macOS versions are affected?

4. Is the patch reliable enough to stay with at least minor os upgrades?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks again for fixing the IDT 92HD91BXX for my laptop. I was going through and made a change to the layout12.xml.zlib file. I added "SignalProcessing" to enable ambient noise reduction for the internal mic. Here is the change for layout12.xml.zlib 

<key>Mic</key>
			<dict>
				<key>SignalProcessing</key>
				<dict>
					<key>SoftwareDSP</key>
					<dict>
						<key>DspFunction0</key>
						<dict>
							<key>FunctionInfo</key>
							<dict>
								<key>DspFuncInstance</key>
								<integer>0</integer>
								<key>DspFuncName</key>
								<string>DspNoiseReduction</string>
								<key>DspFuncProcessingIndex</key>
								<integer>0</integer>
							</dict>
							<key>ParameterInfo</key>
							<dict>
								<key>1</key>
								<integer>0</integer>
								<key>2</key>
								<integer>0</integer>
								<key>3</key>
								<integer>0</integer>
								<key>4</key>
								<integer>0</integer>
							</dict>
							<key>PatchbayInfo</key>
							<dict/>
						</dict>
						<key>DspFunction1</key>
						<dict>
							<key>FunctionInfo</key>
							<dict>
								<integer>1</integer>
								<key>DspFuncName</key>
								<string>DspGainStage</string>
								<integer>1</integer>
							</dict>
							<key>ParameterInfo</key>
							<dict>
								<key>1</key>
								<integer>0</integer>
								<key>2</key>
								<integer>1078616770</integer>
								<key>3</key>
								<integer>1078616770</integer>
							</dict>
							<key>PatchbayInfo</key>
							<dict>
								<key>InputPort0</key>
								<dict>
									<key>PortInstance</key>
									<integer>0</integer>
									<key>PortWidth</key>
									<integer>1</integer>
									<key>SourceFuncInstance</key>
									<integer>0</integer>
									<key>SourcePortIndex</key>
									<integer>0</integer>
								</dict>
								<key>InputPort1</key>
								<dict>
									<key>PortInstance</key>
									<integer>1</integer>
									<key>PortWidth</key>
									<integer>1</integer>
									<integer>0</integer>
									<integer>1</integer>
								</dict>
							</dict>
						</dict>
						<key>DspFunction2</key>
						<dict>
							<key>FunctionInfo</key>
							<dict>
								<integer>2</integer>
								<key>DspFuncName</key>
								<string>DspEqualization</string>
								<integer>2</integer>
							</dict>
							<key>ParameterInfo</key>
							<dict>
								<key>1</key>
								<integer>0</integer>
								<key>Filter</key>
								<array>
									<dict>
										<key>2</key>
										<integer>2</integer>
										<key>3</key>
										<integer>0</integer>
										<key>4</key>
										<integer>0</integer>
										<key>5</key>
										<integer>1</integer>
										<key>6</key>
										<integer>1118830697</integer>
										<key>7</key>
										<integer>1060439283</integer>
										<key>8</key>
										<integer>-1044468775</integer>
									</dict>
									<dict>
										<key>2</key>
										<integer>2</integer>
										<key>3</key>
										<integer>1</integer>
										<key>4</key>
										<integer>0</integer>
										<key>5</key>
										<integer>4</integer>
										<key>6</key>
										<integer>1137063621</integer>
										<key>7</key>
										<integer>1054939033</integer>
										<key>8</key>
										<integer>-1086368275</integer>
									</dict>
									<dict>
										<key>2</key>
										<integer>2</integer>
										<key>3</key>
										<integer>4</integer>
										<key>4</key>
										<integer>0</integer>
										<key>5</key>
										<integer>4</integer>
										<key>6</key>
										<integer>1162269254</integer>
										<key>7</key>
										<integer>1066566541</integer>
										<key>8</key>
										<integer>-1056209924</integer>
									</dict>
									<dict>
										<key>2</key>
										<integer>2</integer>
										<key>3</key>
										<integer>15</integer>
										<key>4</key>
										<integer>0</integer>
										<key>5</key>
										<integer>6</integer>
										<key>6</key>
										<integer>1180675529</integer>
										<key>7</key>
										<integer>1060439283</integer>
										<key>8</key>
										<integer>-1044381696</integer>
									</dict>
								</array>
							</dict>
							<key>PatchbayInfo</key>
							<dict>
								<key>InputPort0</key>
								<dict>
									<key>PortInstance</key>
									<integer>0</integer>
									<key>PortWidth</key>
									<integer>1</integer>
									<integer>1</integer>
									<integer>0</integer>
								</dict>
								<key>InputPort1</key>
								<dict>
									<key>PortInstance</key>
									<integer>1</integer>
									<key>PortWidth</key>
									<integer>1</integer>
									<integer>1</integer>
									<integer>1</integer>
								</dict>
							</dict>
						</dict>
					</dict>
				</dict>
			</dict>

If you want I attached the layout12 file with the change applied and the screenshot of the noise reduction option. I didn't notice any drawback from adding this change as Audio still works and you gain the option of noise reduction.

IDT_92HD91BXX_Ambient.zip

Hmm… @lihuachuan, I could imagine this change to be added but we need the following questions to be answered in order to:

1. Which particular codecs are affected (i.e. names/revisions)?

2. Are all the layouts affected?

3. Which particular macOS versions are affected?

4. Is the patch reliable enough to stay with at least minor os upgrades?

Thank you.

Thanks.

1.Sorry.  I am not a developer.So I cannot understand ' codecs are affected ' . The patch credit wern apfel. It only need to patch AppleHDA bin.

2.I forget that where to get it. I am not sured if all the  Conexant Audion Card can be affected. Because of I am  only using Conexant 20721/2. It should be CX20751/2.  It is working for Layout ID 3 and 28. And also it is only bin patch. It cannot be affected by different layouts. But I am not sured. I don't have enough knowledge.

3.I canot predict future. 'Find6B707369 EB' is exsited into AppleHDA bin from OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to macOS Sierra 10.12.3. And the patch of fixing menubar is working from 10.10.5 to 10.12.3 for my audio card.

4.As the same as A:3. I cannot predict future. It is possibly reliable with upgrades(10.10.5 to 10.12.3).

AppleALC with latest changes should be 1.1.1. Download latest sources from GitHub and build kext!!!

Yeah I didn't understand that latest version was different from latest compiled release, please excuse me! So I built from source lilu and appleALC 1.1.1 (xcode needed the compiled lilu in appleALC project folder in order to succeed..), then placed both in S/L/E, cleared cache and reboot

and it works pretty well!!!!  :w00t:

The only glitch is that the previous sound level is forgotten at every boot and set to max (when not in mute) and the menubar stuff is not synced with the keyboard volume control, it was the same with my El Capitan kexts made with mirone's AppleHDA Patcher.

There is a very good patched AppleHDA made by wern apfel here for Sierra that works perfectly, but since he refused to share info on how he resolved the issue, fearing that I would claim I did everything by myself and profit from it in some way, I'll rather prefer to work with AppleALC.

Anyway I'll try to investigate and possibly help and refine this codec. Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you very much for your great work!

Thanks.

1.Sorry.  I am not a developer.So I cannot understand ' codecs are affected ' . The patch credit wern apfel. It only need to patch AppleHDA bin.

2.I forget that where to get it. I am not sured if all the  Conexant Audion Card can be affected. Because of I am  only using Conexant 20721/2. It is working for Layout ID 3 and 28. And also it is only bin patch. It cannot be affected by different layouts. But I am not sured. I don't have enough knowledge.

3.I canot predict future. 'Find6B707369 EB' is exsited into AppleHDA bin from OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 to macOS Sierra 10.12.3. And the patch of fixing menubar is working from 10.10.5 to 10.12.3 for my audio card.

4.As the same as A:3. I cannot predict future. It is possibly reliable with upgrades(10.10.5 to 10.12.3).

Well… This information is more or less enough for us. I had a talk to Vandroiy, and we agreed to include the patch for your 20712/2 codec starting with 10.10+. It is now present in trunk.

• Like 1

I won't change RehabMan's files. If you want noise reduction use custom resources. 

Yeah I will keep it to myself. Rehabman actually took what @nrjmadan and me posted here to update his files. I was just posting here first the proposed change. Sorry didn't mean anything by it. Thanks again for fixing the revision

@vit9696

I've revised my AppleALC entry for "Mosser - ALC269VB Dell Precision Workstation T1600"

Now all the outputs and input(s) actually work - apart from the blue/green "rear input".

The front input/mic has "ambient noise reduction" and very good sound quality. The rear LINE OUT and FRONT HEADPHONE are mutually selectable.

Dell Precision T1600 Workstation layout-id 11 (0x0B)

Codec: Realtek ALC269VB
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0269
Subsystem Id: 0x10280498
Revision Id: 0x100100

T1600.AppleALC.Params.rev1.zip

I was trying out HDMI while using AppleALC and I could not get the output device to show in Sound. I looked and found out even though AppleALC has 0c0c device IDs in Controllers.plist, this important patch is missing

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>HDMI-audio, port 0204, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>AgQJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>AgQJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
			</dict>

I re-enabled this patch from Clover as I used this patch along with the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext previously but had to remove that kext to not interfere with AppleALC. I now get sound when my TV is connected, but wanted to let you know since in Controllers.plist, I see other Intel 4600 HDMI patch and this one listed above is not listed for laptop.

I am not trying to be difficult as I appreciate all the hard work you guys put into it. I am just mentioning something I found.

Well… This information is more or less enough for us. I had a talk to Vandroiy, and we agreed to include the patch for your 20712/2 codec starting with 10.10+. It is now present in trunk.

Thanks for your work.In fact, my wish is not  only add it to my own using CX20751/2 codec.It is a samall fix,but it is useful.I believe that is a common patcht for conexant codec. Wern apfel maybe know more about it.I must answer you truthfully, because of I am only using cx20751/2 ant not more test. It may be useful for other users of conexant codec after I post #1261  codec Finally, thanks again for @vit9696, @Vandroiy2012 @ wern apfel, etc.