AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

vit9696
5,390 posts in this topic

it's rare, because my ID of 1150 in x99 show as 8D20, hope that i have to change this id by one compatible, isn't it?

Pretty much, I remembered another similar issue https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/issues/70and reopened it. You have exactly that one.

Please follow the recommendations from the latest post and find the working compatible id for you :)

So first question is, what do I need to do in Clover to get HD4000 HDMI working? I've tried a load of variations of the DSDT fixes in conjunction with UseIntelHDMI but I'm always left with no HDMI device.

I think you'd better ask this in the Clover topic.

Hey there I'm having a hard time to get an ALC662 working.

Thanks for your amazing work!

According to the debug log AppleHDA did not load. Investigate why. Your system is corrupted.

I think you'd better ask this in the Clover topic.

I already did but Slice says there's nothing wrong from the Clover side. He uses VoodooHDA though so I figured I'd ask here instead.

What I don't understand is why AppleALC doesn't work when the IOReg has a valid HDEF entry and the correct layout id and (zero) pin config. That's all that's injected by a DSDT/SSDT edit. So why does it work with DSDT but not with Clover?

That's unlikely the bug of AppleALC since it does not deal with IOReg at all. Other than reading its values in the same way Apple kexts do.

From what I know things work fine from Clover config for most users, you add FixHDA and Inject → layout-id as a number. Maybe @vandroiy2012 knows anything?

Yep, layout-id is injected as a number. It shows up the same in IOReg as if injected by DSDT.

I don't need FixHDA as I have a valid HDEF device already. If I use it, it wipes out the pinconfig content.

I don't know if it's related to the HD4000 having HDMI, which is why I was going down that road.

But as it stands, with Clover injection I have AppleALC loading, but with no audio devices (HDMI or ALC269).

AppleALC is working great for analog audio output, but how do I get HDMI audio? I use an Nvidia card.  I see the HDMI output in System Information , under Intel HD audio, but it doesn't appear in System Preferences.  

Clover's AddHDMI patch is creating the HDAU device with hda-gfx onboard-1.  I think I need something injected in the GFX1 device too?

I've seen an x99 SSDT for this, but it doesn't work for me.  Probably because I've modified the DSDT to rename H000 to GFX1.  If anyone has time to help, I've attached my config.plist, modified DSDT, and ioreg.

Hackintosh:~ elliott$ ioreg -rn HDAU
+-o HDAU@0,1  <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x100000451, registered, matched, active, $
    {
      "assigned-addresses" = <10014f8200000000000008cf0000000000400000>
      "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<1100000007000000>,<0700000000000100>)
      "class-code" = <00030400>
      "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=3473408000,"length"=16384}))
      "PinConfigurations" = <e0005628>
      "subsystem-vendor-id" = <42380000>
      "IOPowerManagement" = {"CapabilityFlags"=2,"CurrentPowerState"=2,"ChildPr$
      "pci-aspm-default" = 3
      "acpi-device" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice is not serializable"
      "hda-gfx" = <"onboard-1">
      "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0","IOPCIMessagedInterruptController$
      "name" = <"pci10de,e1a">
      "IOChildIndex" = 2
      "device-id" = <1a0e0000>
      "vendor-id" = <de100000>
      "layout-id" = <01000000>
      "IOPCIResourced" = Yes
      "compatible" = <"pci3842,3790","pci10de,e1a","pciclass,040300","HDAU">
      "IOPCIExpressLinkCapabilities" = 4534531
      "acpi-path" = "IOACPIPlane:/_SB/PCI0@0/BR3A@30000/HDAU@1"
      "subsystem-id" = <90370000>
      "revision-id" = <a1000000>
      "IOPCIExpressLinkStatus" = 4353
      "IOPCIExpressCapabilities" = 2
      "pcidebug" = "79:0:1"
      "IOName" = "pci10de,e1a"
      "IOPCIPMCSState" = 0
      "reg" = <00014f000000000000000000000000000000000010014f020000000000000000$
      "AAPL,slot-name" = <"PCI Slot 4">
    }

audio help 6.zip

Pretty much, I remembered another similar issue https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/issues/70and reopened it. You have exactly that one.

Please follow the recommendations from the latest post and find the working compatible id for you :)

Thanks, but problem that i saw in that post is that the user have audio input an output, me doesn't. And another thing, no one of ID to path appears in my HDAController.kext.

Any another idea? Put my HDAController here?

Thanks Vit!

Thanks, but problem that i saw in that post is that the user have audio input an output, me doesn't. And another thing, no one of ID to path appears in my HDAController.kext.

Any another idea? Put my HDAController here?

Thanks Vit!

Hmm, I certainly fixed the controller incompatibility yesterday. I would suggest you build a debug version of AppleALC from trunk, add -alcdbg to boot argument and give us a debug log. On 10.12 I guess you need something like:

log show --debug | grep AppleALC

I have an asus tp500ln laptop with a combo jack and alc233. With AppleALC I do have sound but I do not have mic. I'm using layout 3 in my dsdt.

So my question is can I get my internal mic working? If so how?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Using latest release kext on el capitan 10.11.6.

Any other info can be provided.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I have an asus tp500ln laptop with a combo jack and alc233. With AppleALC I do have sound but I do not have mic. I'm using layout 3 in my dsdt.

So my question is can I get my internal mic working? If so how?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

Using latest release kext on el capitan 10.11.6.

Any other info can be provided.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

why don't you try other layout_ID's ?? 

sleep can be fix easily , just find wich layout suites you better 

i remember layout 13  was also for Asus X550LC  

Layout 4 has solved my internal mic, i can now see it is detecting audio. Thank you.

Ill post a new topic about sleep when closing lid.

• Like 1

Hello,

This is going to be a support/discussion topic of AppleALC on InsanelyMac. 

AppleALC is a kernel extension allowing you to enable native apple HD audio without any filesystem modifications. It dynamically injects the necessary modifications to AppleHDA (and other kexts) including the layouts, and makes your audio work starting from the OS installation.

For quite some time we are trying to obtain the necessary information about AppleALC codec compatibility. If you use something, please, consider checking the compatibility table (do not worry, it is in English), and report (here) on your codec. We are also looking for all the possible revisions of the codec, if we do not have the revisions listed for your codec please report as well. Thanks for understanding. 

The report is meant to contain:

1. Laptop model/Motherboard model

2. Codec name

3. Layout used with the info what works for you (ideally if you try them all)

4. OS X versions you tried

5. Autogenerated Info.plist made with the help of this utility.

All the details including the source code are available on github:

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC

Some short wiki articles explaining the usage are included.

As for now the project is relatively immature without practically any codec support. But it should be pretty easy to add more of them, I am hoping for the support of the "community" :)

If you have any issues, better report them on github for structural reasons.

Lenovo Yoga 500 alc235 not work

This one at least work in 10.11

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/