Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

801 posts in this topic

Any chance that FixHDA will magically allow one of your kexts to work?

No, because your device-id is different. I can give you a patched kext for your device-id, but first we need to edit your dsdt, which is very simple. Upload the dsdt, and i will change it for you.

Sadly, that did not work. Put DSDT.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and AppleHDA.kext into /S/L/E, set permissions and rebuilt kext cache, still no audio. I do see this in System Information, which is new:

post-60455-0-99721800-1474046287_thumb.png

The Intel HDA entry is new, but as you can see there is very little info there. Should I try playing with the Layout ID?

Sadly, that did not work. Put DSDT.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched and AppleHDA.kext into /S/L/E, set permissions and rebuilt kext cache, still no audio. I do see this in System Information, which is new:

The Intel HDA entry is new, but as you can see there is very little info there. Should I try playing with the Layout ID?

I guess you've added the layout-id @config.plist, remove it or set it to 0.

No, I meant changing it in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist, not EFI/Clover/config.plist. I haven't made any audio changes to my config.plist file.

When I look in Info.plist, it looks like you've got it set to "8". Should I try any other values?

Don't change the kext, remove the FixHDA patch from your config.plist

Didn't have FixHDA set in config.plist to begin with. I played with a few other Layout ID's anyway, but didn't get anywhere. I put it back to "8", but still have no sound.

The layout-id should be: 0. It seems that clover is inserting something by default, replace your dsdt with this one, and upload an ioreg-dump.

DSDT.aml.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

I have used one of your (@wern apfel)  edited AppleALC.kext for OS X El Capitan. It worked fine because I got line out, microphone and headphones all with volumen control.

Now I have updated to OS X Sierra, and I am using last AppleALC's updated, but in this occasion I only got line out and microphone without headphones and volumen control neither.

What I did: Put last AppleALC on folder Others in Clover, and I also added CodecCommander.kext to S/L/E with kext wizard, then inject id 9(only works 9 and 11 from 9 to 12).

Could you please give me some advice to get full control as I had on El Capitan, please?

Mother board is a Gigabyte Z170X gaming 7. Audio Chip CA0132

Thanks in advance.....

I don't use that kext, but i will build the latest sources for you later.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do it.

I put AppleHDA in folder Others. inject id 9 with clover configurator on config.plist

I have also used id=0;1;2;9.

Am I missing something?

Thats wrong, make a copy of your AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/E and add the downloaded kext to /S/L/E, repair permissions, set layout-id to 0 and reboot, or simply use the kextutility.app to install the patched kext.

This is a fully patched kext, not an injector like AppleALC, it will not work from clover folder.

Hi. I'm trying to get this to work on the latest version of Sierra to no luck. What is it do I have to do to get this kext to work; I've tried the layout ID, various clover patches but nothing works... Do I have to patch the DSDT or something? My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X99-GAMING 5 and I have no idea how I'm going to mod the thing. I really should of bought a motherboard without Creative sound but I've dug my own grave and I really need help on this matter.

Hi. I'm trying to get this to work on the latest version of Sierra to no luck. What is it do I have to do to get this kext to work; I've tried the layout ID, various clover patches but nothing works... Do I have to patch the DSDT or something? My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X99-GAMING 5 and I have no idea how I'm going to mod the thing. I really should of bought a motherboard without Creative sound but I've dug my own grave and I really need help on this matter.

I think you also need the controller patch, look at this

I think you also need the controller patch, look at this

Hi. I did the controller patch (EDIT: causes a kernel panic), all of the outputs are getting recognized but there's no sound from any of them. Here's some screenshots.

ShsN09L.jpg

DyRevdv.jpg

What do I have to do to make it play sound?

Hi. I did the controller patch (EDIT: causes a kernel panic), all of the outputs are getting recognized but there's no sound from any of them. Here's some screenshots.

ShsN09L.jpg

DyRevdv.jpg

What do I have to do to make it play sound?

It seems that the kext you are using is not the one i've linked. If you get a kernel panic probably you've not did it right, look at this code

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				oIw=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDAController</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				II0=
				</data>

Sorry man, I am noob in this.

I think I made all step correctly, I made a copy of AppleHDA from S/L/E and stored in a folder. Then I used kext wizard to install the patched AppleHDA in S/L/E. Then I used Clover Configurator in Devices > Audio I put number "0" even "9". 

Nothing happened, still without audio output information in system.

Am I doing everything right?

Do you have a patched DSDT.aml ?. Look in to the system profiler @Audio > Intel High Definition Audio, the audio-id should be 0, "Audio-ID: 0". All my kexts are patched for layout-id 0, an ioreg dump would be useful

193f808f318c12596e071895512c8431o.jpg

The problem I not getting the audio controls/outputs in the way I am doing it.

Maybe is something wrong I am doing when installing the AppleHDA.... 

--------------------------------------------------

I think I made all step correctly, I made a copy of AppleHDA from S/L/E and stored in a folder. Then I used kext wizard to install the patched AppleHDA in S/L/E. Then I used Clover Configurator in Devices > Audio I put number "0" even "9". 

Nothing happened, still without audio output information in system.

--------------------------------------------------

Have you repaired permissions and rebuild the cache ?

Sorry, 

I installed AppleHDA with Kext Utility.... then with clover configurator>Devices> audio id=0.

No more actions...!

I have not too much idea about hacking...

Thanks a lot...!

Here you said kext wizard, and now kext utility. Start kext utility and enter your password, or use kext wizard, they will do the same.

post-448675-0-48398800-1475692257_thumb.jpg

Yes, I have used both because nothing work for me...

It seems so easy but I do what you say and how I have indicated previously but not good results.

I do not know what to do..... Sierra has stuck me with the sound 

Thanks for you patient 

Dump your ioreg and upload it here, do you use a patched DSDT.aml ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wern, I was able to get sound working with your kext (The sierra dp8 one since i'm on sierra now).  The Layout-ID right now is 0 but i am working on getting HDMI audio work as well (from Toleda's tutorial) which should only be feasable with Layout-ID=1.

What modifications do i need to make to kext to go from Layout-ID 0 to 1.

Thanks.

I have a Gigabyte z170x-Gaming 7. Built a Hackintosh. Can't get the audio to work. I need a kext for a Creative CA0132. Got any prospects?

Thank you in advance.

You can try a kext i've made available at first post, as usual set the layout-id to 0. Also remove all other audio related patches like voodoohda, applehdadisabler......

Hi Wern, I was able to get sound working with your kext (The sierra dp8 one since i'm on sierra now).  The Layout-ID right now is 0 but i am working on getting HDMI audio work as well (from Toleda's tutorial) which should only be feasable with Layout-ID=1.

What modifications do i need to make to kext to go from Layout-ID 0 to 1.

Thanks.

So far i know the layout-id does not matter for HDMI. If you have an internal graphics card, add the provided code to your DSDT.aml @_DSM method to device HDEF and IGPU, for an external card to GFX0 and HDAU.

"hda-gfx", 
 Buffer (0x0A)
 {
     "onboard-1"
 }