Creative CA0132 (G1.Sniper M3) patch for AppleHDA or VoodooHDA

wern apfel

801 posts in this topic

The 1st test (no headphone:) was after a cold boot ?, because it shows headphone plugged in, if yes it explains the strange behavior that Kestrel noticed, see post 289. What device you've used, the iPhone headset or a normal headphone?. Can you run the script with a device plugged in @mic/line-in jack ?. 

Here is the results after a cold boot. I'm using the iPhone headset.

get pinsense.rtf

Here is the results after a cold boot. I'm using the iPhone headset.

Strange, it looks like you have two 4 pin jacks, which means, that you can use it both with the headset. The 1st kext is a fixed one from the last post, the second with boosted mic, and the 3rd is based on the pin sense result, normally you can use the headphones and microphone on both jacks.

AppleHDA.kext_last_post.zipAppleHDA.kext_mic_boost.zipAppleHDA.kext_2x_HP.zip

Strange, it looks like you have two 4 pin jacks, which means, that you can use it both with the headset. The 1st kext is a fixed one from the last post, the second with boosted mic, and the 3rd is based on the pin sense result, normally you can use the headphones and microphone on both jacks.

attachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_last_post.zipattachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_mic_boost.zipattachicon.gifAppleHDA.kext_2x_HP.zip

For all the 3 kexts, the output is working with and without a headset. The second kext has more mic volume. For the 3rd kext, the custom headphone interface doesn't work. For all the 3 kexts, when I plug the headset in the headset hole, there is only output (mic is not working) and when I plug the headset in the mic hole, only mic is working (no output). 

For all the 3 kexts, the output is working with and without a headset.

Also after a cold boot ?

The second kext has more mic volume.

Is it enough ?

when I plug the headset in the mic hole, only mic is working (no output). 

Have you selected the HP @prefpane ?, if yes, we can remove it.

Also after a cold boot ?

Yes

Is it enough ?

No. Something I've noticed a long time ago and forgot to tell you is that. The correct headset's mic hole (the bar with + - and the the mic sign) is not being used, instead it's the holes near the earbuds (the ones you put in your ears) that are used. The only time the mic was correctly mapped was on one of the sample of Sierra (post #274) where I told you that plugging the headset in the headset hole gave me both output and mic working.

Have you selected the HP @prefpane ?, if yes, we can remove it.

Yes

Something I've noticed a long time ago and forgot to tell you is that. The correct headset's mic hole (the bar with + - and the the mic sign) is not being used, instead it's the holes near the earbuds (the ones you put in your ears) that are used. 

Thats funny, unfortunately i've not found a data sheet, so this is the only way to fix this codec.

The only time the mic was correctly mapped was on one of the sample of Sierra (post #274) where I told you that plugging the headset in the headset hole gave me both output and mic working.

I'm not sure which edit mapped the mic to the right node, here a few samples.

AppleHDA.kext_mic_1.zipAppleHDA.kext_mic_2.zipAppleHDA.kext_mic_3.zipAppleHDA.kext_mic_4.zip

Here are the results

I guess, with warm-boot you mean, a restart from windows to OS X ?. Not sure which kext you use, but if there is a mic device double-click the provided file and see if the mic is working, and post the result. Watch what happens with the mic, while testing the samples. If you can't see any device, is no test needed.

test_mic.zip

I guess, with warm-boot you mean, a restart from windows to OS X ?. Not sure which kext you use, but if there is a mic device double-click the provided file and see if the mic is working, and post the result. Watch what happens with the mic, while testing the samples. If you can't see any device, is no test needed.

attachicon.giftest_mic.zip

With warm-boot I mean a restart from windows to OS X. Can you be more specific on how to run the tests ? Like if I need to plug my headset? If yes, which hole should I use ?

Can you be more specific on how to run the tests ? Like if I need to plug my headset? If yes, which hole should I use ?

The pin sense is known, ATM. no tests needed. So far i know the outputs are working as it should ?. From your last test results i can see that the internal mic its disabled, the provided file should enable it, simply double-click it and see what happens.

The pin sense is known, ATM. no tests needed. So far i know the outputs are working as it should ?. From your last test results i can see that the internal mic its disabled, the provided file should enable it, simply double-click it and see what happens.

For all theses samples, only line-in interface is available (no internal mic). I executed the script and connected the headset in the headphones hole(no success). After connecting the headset in the mic hole: input is not working for sample 1, input was working for sample 2 and 3 but sample 2 seemed clear and sample 3 seemed a bit distorted. 

wern apfel - thank you very much for your effort. It is much appreciated, I have sound working on my Alienware 15 R2 with volume control(via keyboard with mute) and output to both inbuilt speakers and headphone jack. Awesome stuff!  :thumbsup_anim:

I used AppleHDA.kext_10.11.zip  version you attached @ post #283

I'm back!

wern apfel - thank you very much for your effort. It is much appreciated, I have sound working on my Alienware 15 R2 with volume control(via keyboard with mute) and output to both inbuilt speakers and headphone jack. Awesome stuff!  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for feedback

@wern apfel, can you please send me a patched version of AppleHDA for Sierra beta 7 ?

Yes, which layout works the best for you?. From the last test it seems that all microphone pins are sharing the same ADC. Have you ever tested how it behaves at Windows?, for example: can you use the internal an external mic at the same time, or the headset mic + external mic?.

Hey. Do you have some distortion when up volume to max via OS? It's noticeable when listen some high quality audio files, but not always noticeable when listen music via you tube. If all is ok, maybe the problem is my pc. But I have doubts, bcs all is flawless under win 7.

I'm back!

:thumbsup_anim:

Yes, which layout works the best for you?. From the last test it seems that all microphone pins are sharing the same ADC. Have you ever tested how it behaves at Windows?, for example: can you use the internal an external mic at the same time, or the headset mic + external mic?.

Layout 0. On Windows when I connect the apple headset or my bose QC25 headset, the microphone of the headset is used (I can't choose the internal one when a headset is connected and on windows I've seen that the internal microphone has the mention "array" in the name)

:thumbsup_anim:

Layout 0. On Windows when I connect the apple headset or my bose QC25 headset, the microphone of the headset is used (I can't choose the internal one when a headset is connected and on windows I've seen that the internal microphone has the mention "array" in the name)

With layout, i meant a layout from all patched kexts. So far I know, a mic array are two mono microphones which are used as one stereo microphone. Here the Sierra kext

AppleHDA.kext_Sierra_DP8.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Soundblaster Z is a PCIe CA0132 based sound card. Has anyone managed to get any of these AppleHDA kexts working with a Sounblaster Z/Zx/ZxR or a Recon3D? Preferably without requiring a DSDT...

You can try a kext from the 1st post, no dsdt required. If it doesn't work upload your ioreg.

You can try a kext from the 1st post, no dsdt required. If it doesn't work upload your ioreg.

Tried all the kexts, no joy. VoodooHDA 2.8.8 kinda sorta works; it gives the rear input but nothing else. Obviously I'd enjoy output from my sound card.

I think I performed the ioreg dump properly; let me know if anything is missing.

ioregdump.txt.gz

Tried all the kexts, no joy. VoodooHDA 2.8.8 kinda sorta works; it gives the rear input but nothing else. Obviously I'd enjoy output from my sound card.

I think I performed the ioreg dump properly; let me know if anything is missing.

You have a sound card not a codec, so you definitely need some dsdt edits, and another patched kext because of a different device-id. Why you did not like to use a dsdt ?

I'm not sure it the clover FixHDA entry can add that fix to other address than 1b

Because editing a DSDT looks complicated, and I don't have time to learn another skill ATM since my fiancee is starting dialysis soon. Maybe after things settle down I'll try my hand at dumping my mobo's  DSDT and hand-editing it.

Any chance that FixHDA will magically allow one of your kexts to work?