[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,157 posts in this topic

No Clover AppleHDA patch :shock: !

Sir, this is really really bad ! :hysterical:

Anyway… Looks good. Maybe you should uncheck InjectATI and/or InjectNVIDIA (the DSDT is meant to avoid that). But still, looks good and I can't see the link between Safari's crashes and DSDT/config.plist :unsure:.

Well, maybe's OS X fault ! Even if it's "The most advanced Operating System in the world" whatever Apple claims :dev:

OSX_Snow_Leopard_2009June.jpg

Oops, they meant SL :hysterical: !

• Like 1

Tried the config.plist form 404 and the DSDT from 393 and 395 without succes.

I even formated the machine and did a new install (without Office or other installs), only the latest Flash Player.

I getting the webkit crashes pretty quick, e.g. www.nu.nl. After a few minutes clicking around it pops up.

Crash dialogs, warnings about reloaded webcontent or even a log-out.

I even have a new problem, I updates iTunes and it won't start any more.

I have my doubts about hardware so I install windows7 (again) so I can check hardware better.

Before I do that, someone has a last idea?

The errors are in Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover v3 in Post # 1 in config.plist

all fixes on
ati and nvidia on

@DutchAcerOne
see Post #404

Yes,  Complete 30mb file had error in config, both nvidia and ati were checked in config.  Now corrected, both unchecked. :)

(...)

I have my doubts about hardware so I install windows7 (again) so I can check hardware better.

Before I do that, someone has a last idea?

Hello, you can inspect the crash reports with console. Each Firefox or other crashes must produce a dump.

You can try a boot with no graphic card. Screen connected to the internal VGA (with no acceleration).

If you have an other machine, you could test a remote connexion (VLC or AppleRemoteAccess).

I already had same issues with faulty memory. Solved after testing memories and removing one. It's easy to test after removing one and another...

many tests (and hours) to identify the culprit (local graphics, memory,...)...

(...) both nvidia and ati were checked in config.  Now corrected, both unchecked. :)

When using a patched DSDT.aml from this thread, all DSDT fixes by clover can be unchecked in config.plist :

<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddHDMI_8000000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>AddIMEI_80000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_ACST_4000000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_RTC_20000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_S3D_2000000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>

• Like 1

Hey guys,  kinda new here. I have used this forum to setup EL cap on 2 Dell SFF units. A 755 & 760. experiencing 2 niggles & I am wondering has anyone else come across these. On the 755 sff, everything running as it should except when i sign into iMessage on OSX 10.11.0 all works but when updating to 10.11.1 the iMessage will not sign in and get an authentication error. On the 760 sff I am experiencing occasional random reboots but i have seen a forum somewhere to update  the Realtek wireless app and kext to the all in one option for el capitan. I have just did this and so far so good but any information or ideas on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated. All the existing hardware I used for these units worked without issue in yosemite. 

@Deanor30

Since you're talking about "Realtek wireless app and kext", I assume you're using some USB WIFI adapter to connect to Internet and Apple's services like iCloud, Mac App Store, iMessage, etc.

If so, check that a Ethernet kext is installed (even if you don't use/need it) and that it's BSD name is seen as en0. Maybe related, maybe not but you have to check this in order to connect to them (actually, it is required for the Mac App Store though I'm not sure it is for others Apple's services :unsure:).

Should look like this using DPCI Manager (this is just an example) :

fc3aa8b0-3afe-4c61-a112-285ed4512146.jpg

If that doesn't work, retry the following :

• Click on SMBIOS in right-side pane, and create your new SMBIOS, (iMac 10,1) with Random Serial Number.
  • Copy paste this SN into Board Serial Number and add enough Letters/digits to make it a 17 character number.
  • Open a command terminal, run the following command: uuidgen and paste the result in SMUUID box in Clover.
  • Close Clover Configurator, Save changes.

I have an Optiplex 760 SFF (Small Form Factor) and I want to buy a graphics card for it, but I don't know which HD5450 is the best choice by perfomance/size/airflow/etc.

I have the following options:

https://www.megekko.nl/product/1962/173720/PCI-Express-AMD/Asus-HD5450-SL-HM1GD3-L-V2

* https://www.megekko.nl/product/1962/100138/PCI-Express-AMD/Asus-EAH5450-SILENT-DI-1GD3

https://www.megekko.nl/product/1962/950335/PCI-Express-AMD/MSI-R5450-MD1GD3H-LP

* https://www.megekko.nl/product/1962/173608/PCI-Express-AMD/VGA-Sapphire-Radeon-HD5450-1GB-DDR3-Silent

The ones with the * have a low profile bracket. The other two I don't know yet. I just send the shop a mail with this question.

What is the best card to buy for my optiplex and to run OSx?

edit: seller replied

@Deanor30

Since you're talking about "Realtek wireless app and kext", I assume you're using some USB WIFI adapter to connect to Internet and Apple's services like iCloud, Mac App Store, iMessage, etc.

If so, check that a Ethernet kext is installed (even if you don't use/need it) and that it's BSD name is seen as en0. Maybe related, maybe not but you have to check this in order to connect to them (actually, it is required for the Mac App Store though I'm not sure it is for others Apple's services :unsure:).

Should look like this using DPCI Manager (this is just an example) :

fc3aa8b0-3afe-4c61-a112-285ed4512146.jpg

If that doesn't work, retry the following :

Thanks polyzargone for your help. I managed to resolve this. turns out while I installed the AppleIntelE1000e kext I did not install Intel82566MM kext from the kext folder in the Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3 folder.  Once I installed the missing kext all the imessage, facetime etc bits started working. 

Thanks polyzargone for your help. I managed to resolve this. turns out while I installed the AppleIntelE1000e kext I did not install Intel82566MM kext from the kext folder in the Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3 folder.  Once I installed the missing kext all the imessage, facetime etc bits started working. 

Well, you shouldn't need both AppleIntelE1000e.kext & Intel82566MM.kext. Anyway, who cares if it works :D !

I have an Optiplex 760 SFF (Small Form Factor) and I want to buy a graphics card for it, but I don't know which HD5450 is the best choice by perfomance/size/airflow/etc.

I have the following options:

https://www.megekko.nl/product/1962/173720/PCI-Express-AMD/Asus-HD5450-SL-HM1GD3-L-V2

* https://www.megekko.nl/product/1962/100138/PCI-Express-AMD/Asus-EAH5450-SILENT-DI-1GD3

https://www.megekko.nl/product/1962/950335/PCI-Express-AMD/MSI-R5450-MD1GD3H-LP

* https://www.megekko.nl/product/1962/173608/PCI-Express-AMD/VGA-Sapphire-Radeon-HD5450-1GB-DDR3-Silent

The ones with the * have a low profile bracket. The other two I don't know yet. I just send the shop a mail with this question.

What is the best card to buy for my optiplex and to run OSx?

edit: seller replied

Any 5450 with low profile is fine. About performance, I don't think there's much differences between them since they're based on the same chipset. In the list you provided, there's none and they all use passive cooling.

While 5450 series are advised in this guide, you can possibly use any low profile GFX card as long as they're not requiring too much power (i.e. : those who need an extra power connector) whether it's from AMD or NVIDIA.

For compatibility concerns, you'll have to use Generic DSDT. It should work for most models.

Well, you shouldn't need both AppleIntelE1000e.kext & Intel82566MM.kext. Anyway, who cares if it works :D !

Any 5450 with low profile is fine. About performance, I don't think there's much differences between them since they're based on the same chipset. In the list you provided, there's none and they all use passive cooling.

While 5450 series are advised in this guide, you can possibly use any low profile GFX card as long as they're not requiring too much power (i.e. : those who need an extra power connector) whether it's from AMD or NVIDIA.

For compatibility concerns, you'll have to use Generic DSDT. It should work for most models.

I have two LP graphics cards (don't know the type at the moment) but both didn't fit because the heatsink was too large (both were passive). That's why I was wondering which one I should take considering the size and airflow condition