[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

Hi, carlo_67

Unfortunately replaced with these kexts still got stuck after "PCI configuration begin".

Up to now the only way is using your "no npci kexts".

After replaced with your "no npci kexts" plus deleted several unused Apple*.kexts I can login both 10.9.5 and 10.10.1 now.

Also after deleted AppleThunderbolt*.kexts I can get correct kernelcache to boot and use Firefox 36.0.1 without immediate crash eventually.

Thanks for all of you : carlo_67, Tora Chi Yo  & Bronya !

test it

this axmanA's ver Rebuilding on the 10.10 SDK

IOPCIFamily-239.1.2-10102.zip

• Like 1

test it

this axmanA's ver Rebuilding on the 10.10 SDK

1. Is this patched one try to solve Graphics issue or stuck after "PCI configuration begin" ?

Because using your 8N kernel I have no Graphics issue at all, the only problem for me is stuck after "PCI configuration begin".

2. Which version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext should it use ?

Because up to now the only solution for me to pass over "PCI configuration begin" is to use karlo_67's "no npci" kexts.

works rc6/rc7 on FX CPU and APU  !! 

doesn't work with clover. works with 10.10.1. not 10.10.2 and won't work with AMD replace kext for Yosemite  which I need to use to get my voodooed and video card working.

Tora chi oh 6n kernel works but the AMD_replace_kext_for_Yosemite might need updating for 10.10.2. still testing , had a crash on first try.

doesn't work with clover. works with 10.10.1. not 10.10.2 and won't work with AMD replace kext for Yosemite  which I need to use to get my voodooed and video card working.

Tora chi oh 6n kernel works but the AMD_replace_kext_for_Yosemite might need updating for 10.10.2. still testing , had a crash on first try.

This is normal with Clover, you can not start without kextcache with Clover, from the moment you change the extension and the kernel, you are forced to rebuild the Extension cache.

That said, for a first start, you will use Chameleon boot flag  -v -f , you used kextwizard or Terminal reconstrure cache ;)

Torachiyo 6n kernel will not work with AMD_replace_kext_for_Yosemite.

6n kernel does work with clover and chamilion 10.10.1 and 10.10.2.

but without AMD_replace_kext_for_Yosemite all I have is safe mode.

That's exactly what axmanA's (and now ToraChiYo's) patched IOPCIFamily kext fixed on my old Precision 670 with GeForce 9800GT. As soon as I replaced the vanilla kext and booted with option msibase=0x90, I regained full graphics support!

Try it.

There's a good chance you would reach desktop using a different SMBios profile. But then, you may find your system to run poorly. Well, that's my own experience anyway.

Jesus thank you man.. i spent all night on this.. it worked. Now i have tons of other bugs to deal with. :)

Thanks updated to 10.10.3 (14D105g)

but why SN Unavailable :D

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-03-21 at 06.54.28.png

:)

cosmetic !! but no important ;)

Any ideas/files on how to fix PCI configuration begin? ... tried a lot of kexts.. only way is to use npci=0x2000 and i think it disables my sound :(

acpiplatformkext and iopci.kext is not fixed or problem Extra ? 

with UseKernelCache=No or -f kext-dev-mode=1 ? 

Any ideas/files on how to fix PCI configuration begin? ... tried a lot of kexts.. only way is to use npci=0x2000 and i think it disables my sound :(

Likewise. VoodooHDA isnt as good as a patched AppleHDA. 

ican't downloads

0.10  SSSE3 FiX rev.1 for AMD K8 K10

fetchoperands memory pointer error FIX

Screen Capture PNG & Tiff FIX

Safari 8 & Webkit bug FIX

SSSE3 palignr Building…………

ican't downloads

0.10  SSSE3 FiX rev.1 for AMD K8 K10

fetchoperands memory pointer error FIX

Screen Capture PNG & Tiff FIX

Safari 8 & Webkit bug FIX

SSSE3 palignr Building…………

Successfully update system via App Store to OS X 10.10.3 (14D113c) with 1010-kernel-REV-8N and 10102-UPD-Patch-pthread.kext.

1 - update via App Store

2 - after reboot replace kext and kernel with Transmac on Windows

3 - successfully boot in updated system

• Like 5

14D113c with kernel Bronya is ok !! :D

1/ install MAJ

2/ install kexts and kernel Bronya

3/ reboot with chameleon -v -f

4/ reparation autorisation and rebuild cache

5/ reboot with Clover 2695 

enjoy ! ;)

Well I installed this over a 10.10.1 Niresh and it works perfectly. Without these extra kexts it would only work in safe mode and the AMD kext just wouldn't work. All seems to work perfectly now.

Thanks for this, you guys deserve beer. Anywhere I can donate ?

By the way my config is : AMD Phenom II X6, Asus m5a99x evo and AMD HD5670.

Well I installed this over a 10.10.1 Niresh and it works perfectly. Without these extra kexts it would only work in safe mode and the AMD kext just wouldn't work. All seems to work perfectly now.

Thanks for this, you guys deserve beer. Anywhere I can donate ?

By the way my config is : AMD Phenom II X6, Asus m5a99x evo and AMD HD5670.

AMD Development Donations    

• Like 1