[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

How is Safari and the app store working?? not working for me. Still have problems with colours like the pink launchpad, login screen, artifacts ect

They just work.

Yesterday I made new instalation. Use latest kernel. No modifications, patches, fixes. It is just work!

Great) but i did because a made a lot of modification previosly in system when used previos versions of kernel)

:)

it is advisable to have a clean system to test the nuclei without any patch whatsoever except networks and audio drivers, you will realize that it works perfectly except iCloud, the rest is in the box, light graphics are bug persistent but nothing to do with kernel through back. the results are far superior to ML and Mavericks :)

FinalCut remains a mystery?

• Like 1

@ruff3d

There is currently no source files for 10.10.2, official support is for XNU Build 14.0.0 (OS X 10.10)

I have deleted your other posts and left your post from the previous page for archive reasons.

Kind Regards

Duran

there is no support but 10.10.2 work with kernel
just take the contents of the folder and copy them to the Estensions of 10.10.1
Extensions folder after update 10.10.2

I worked
-Safari works

-QuickTime works

-AppleStore works

Schermata 2015-02-04 alle 18.24.05.png

• Like 2

i'll try final cut this evening,and let u know if it works....i'll try this latest kernel too, maybe the will spee up a little bit, i hope...with the rev.1 the system startup speed increased a lot, no need to patch nothing, only this annoying issue with hidden files, but i think it's only related with a not proper clean install...

"just take the contents of the folder and copy them to the Estensions of 10.10.1
Extensions folder after update 10.10.2"

what about this???what does it mean??What folder do we have to copy an where?

1010-SSEPlus Rev 2

fetchoperands 32/64 bit Mem PTR All Fix done

The remaining question in SSEX instructions implementation

Current OPEMU & SSEPlus instructions implementation not entirely correct

Awesome work!

I just reviewed the code...

It's perfect :D

This truely is a great accomplishment...

Looks really great, hats off ;)

• Like 7

Nice work! Now something similar for old CPUs, and we're done...  :whistle:

These new kernels work for AMD 64 x2 6000+ CPU system (Asus M4A78 Plus MB) at 10.10.1(14B25), but always got kernel panic for AMD Phenom 9850 CPU system (Asus M3A MB) showing:

panic : "vm_page_Set_colors"@/Volumes/DATA1/1010/xnu-2782.1.97-SSEPlus-R2

can't perform kext scan: no kext summary

Can you boot successfully with your Phenom x4 CPU now ?

Solved by add boot argument with "colors=32"

Edited by jsl

Successful boot) Seems it works for me as previous.

App Store, Safari work. Launchpad without bugs. Screenshots work.

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2015-02-04 в 16.05.45.png

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2015-02-04 в 16.18.32.png

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2015-02-04 в 16.19.01.png

Bugs with some images in Safari, other without bugs:

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2015-02-04 в 16.14.57.png

UPD1:

Seems that system works faster and better with this kernel version! Thanks!

Can it be fixed? So I can use iCloud as in Maverics?

eb  4 16:07:18 Mac-Pro-Andrey.local com.apple.preferences.icloud.remoteservice[1829]: [AOSAccounts] : [IsAccountKeyChainActive] : had error: Ðе ÑдалоÑÑ Ð·Ð°Ð²ÐµÑÑиÑÑ Ð¾Ð¿ÐµÑаÑиÑ. (com.apple.security.sos.error, оÑибка 2 - Remote error : The operation couldnвÐЩt be completed. (com.apple.security.sos.error error 2 - Public Key not available - failed to register before call))
Feb  4 16:07:18 Mac-Pro-Andrey.local com.apple.preferences.icloud.remoteservice[1829]: [AOSAccounts] : [GetProperty] : kMMPropertyAccountKeychainIsRequestPending error: Ðе ÑдалоÑÑ Ð·Ð°Ð²ÐµÑÑиÑÑ Ð¾Ð¿ÐµÑаÑиÑ. (com.apple.security.sos.error, оÑибка 2 - Remote error : The operation couldnвÐЩt be completed. (com.apple.security.sos.error error 2 - Public Key not available - failed to register before call))
Feb  4 16:07:19 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Feb  4 16:07:19 Mac-Pro-Andrey.local WindowServer[261]: window 40 is already attached to window 3d
Feb  4 16:07:25 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Feb  4 16:07:25 Mac-Pro-Andrey.local com.apple.iCloudHelper[1730]: AOSKit ERROR: NI error, status=-44006
Feb  4 16:07:26 Mac-Pro-Andrey.local com.apple.iCloudHelper[1730]: AOSKit ERROR: Delegate login request failed, appleID=******@gmail.com, hasPassword=1, httpStatusCode=409
Feb  4 16:07:26 Mac-Pro-Andrey.local com.apple.preferences.icloud.remoteservice[1829]: [AOSAccounts] :  [ReportAuthErrorNotification]  : AOSTransactionGetError  Ðе ÑдалоÑÑ Ð·Ð°Ð²ÐµÑÑиÑÑ Ð¾Ð¿ÐµÑаÑиÑ. (AOSErrorDomain, оÑибка 1000) reason (null)
Feb  4 16:07:26 Mac-Pro-Andrey.local WindowServer[261]: _CGXGetWindowOrderingGroup: Operation on a window 0x40 requiring rights 0x5 by caller СиÑÑемнÑе наÑÑÑо
Feb  4 16:07:26 Mac-Pro-Andrey.local com.apple.preferences.icloud.remoteservice[1829]: Failed to connect (_scrollViewConstraintToRemove) outlet from (IACastleServicesView) to (NSLayoutConstraint): missing setter or instance variable

I have the same problem with some avatars in Safari (on Facebook for example) and the album covers in iTunes on my Athlon ll x2 255 (K10). but the kernel works great! apps open very fast (y).

thump_9269559itunes.jpg

One question... this wrongs colors in Google Chrome in all pages than i visited, why? :(

thump_9269544sinttulo.jpg

Thanks guys!

went easier than i thought it would 

http://cl.ly/image/2k47021Q3x3q

only installed LAN Kext and edited 2 Kext for my R9 270x

Very Good Job !!!

No wrong Colours in Chrome Spotted so far 

AMD Phenom x4 955  

this is with no doubt useable !

also no Problems in FC so far http://cl.ly/image/2O1m1a3V2l0R 

Can you boot successfully with your Phenom x4 CPU now ?

I can't boot with these new kernels, I get the same kernel panic as with AnV's kernel few pages back. Andy solved this type of error in post #546 with R5B version, which I am using now. I'm patient, they will figure it out eventually. 

I can't boot with these new kernels, I get the same kernel panic as with AnV's kernel few pages back. Andy solved this type of error in post #546 with R5B version, which I am using now. I'm patient, they will figure it out eventually. 

Do you mean boot with "colors=32" still got kernel panic ?

Without "colors=32" I always got same KP shown as post #546.

• Like 1

Hm, interesting. I just successfully booted  Rev.2 with colors=32 flag. Thanks!  :w00t:

On first test, I can make a screenshot and open folders and files by clicking on their icons. I will test webkit now.

EDIT: Safari works fine with original webkit, App Store works too. The only problem that remained unfixed is with avatars on websites.

Safari Preview Webkit / avatars on websites / wrongs colors in Google Chrome......

Solution:   simply the file  ImageIO.Framework and preview app from 10.9.5 to 10.10.1, system cache renew ,

picture Preview in Safari are now ok.   :rolleyes:

I hope that this information with all arrived.

Andy, Bronya and 虎千代

ist it to be compensated possible this error / expenditure also in the kernel?

many thanks