[AMD] Yosemite Kernel Testing (for help use the Help Topic)

Duran Keeley

1,898 posts in this topic

Yeah, thanks bronya! :thumbsup_anim:  :yes:  :D  .

:)

my kabini is low but no supported OS X 10.9.3 at 10.10 , pcie4x  bandwidth low....low....low......   :(  quartzdebug used to have a bit of fluidity but other access are catastrophic, the Athlon 5350 is to eliminate the choice CPU AMD finally .

thank Bronya pour votre job et votre patiente :)

post-1093405-0-67798400-1415574132_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-43084800-1415574190_thumb.png

• Like 1

Congratulations to both of you guys, Bronya and Takiguru! That was fast :D

Unfortunatelly in my case (I don't know why) these two kernels are not working on my specs.

Bronyas kernel stuck on IOBluetoothHCIController Search for Transport Event Time Out Handler — missing Bluettoth Controller Transport! for about 5minutes and the installation window starts. I can move the mouse but I can not click anything, I need to use my keyboard to begin the installation. Installation is stopping after about 15minutes with no progress with error of Essentials.pkg package corruption.

Whole installation is like in slow motion - the mouse is moving veeeeeeery slow - I think it is the problem with my GT640 (working OOB on Mavericks).

On Takiguru's kernel - the same hang on IOBluetooth... but no installation window - only spinning wheel.

Propably there was some mistakes when I made an USB Installer so I will do it again and report everything - so it's my fault for now guys :)

Congrats again :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by tragediana150
  • Like 3

Graphics driver problems, or remove IOBluetoot drivers from S/L/E

boats with:  -s kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000    instead -v ...
or with -x kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No /Yes

Edit:

what else could help, start with your other runnable OS X and start the myHack.app tool, delete the problematic extensions, because of your Nvidia graphics card.

I've done the same with myHack.app tool, although I had no fault with IOBluetooth

Edited by spakk
  • Like 2

I was having trouble booting the installation when installing Chameleon from Chameleon Wizard, found there's a newer version that doesn't show up there and installed it and it booted up right away.

The kernel works but it's really glitchy for me.

Safari is totally unusable. it crashes on login forms "Safari Web Content quit unexpectedly." and randomly.
The app store doesn't work. it just stays perpetually loading.

Finder doesn't click on icons, I have to click the names to launch or move.

Finder crashes when going full screen.

Quicklook and Preview are totally broken. images appear bugged.

I cant screenshot, they just come out white.

the random graphic glitches are the very least of my problems.

great work nonetheless and thank you very much Bronya and all that contributed so far.  :pyth:  :thanks_speechbubble:

• Like 2

:)

hello , 

il y a un grave problème de driver graphique , comme vous pouvez voir la bande passante GPU<=>CPU<=>vram , il est 3 fois moins élevé sur Yo 10.10 que sur Mavericks 10.9 avec le même hardware et pour comparaison , j'ai posté de celle de mon Intel , la différence est énorme ! il assez normal la différence entre kabini et ivybridge mais entre les 2 versions d'OS X , ce n'est pas normal qu'il y est autant d'écart sur kabini  !? , si quelqu'un à une idée de ce problème , il serait sympathique de nous éclairer .

Merci   ;)

hello,

there is a serious graphics driver, as you can see the bandwidth GPU <=> CPU<=> vram, it is 3 times lower than 10.10 on Yo 10.9 Mavericks with the same hardware and for comparison, j 'I posted one of my Intel, the difference is huge! there enough difference between the normal and Kabini ivybridge but between the 2 versions of OS X, it is not normal that there is much difference on Kabini? If someone an idea of this problem, it would be nice to enlighten us.

Thank you   ;)

post-1093405-0-41403200-1415580538_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-58102100-1415580569_thumb.png

post-1093405-0-22476900-1415580599_thumb.png

Graphics driver problems, or remove IOBluetoot drivers from S/L/E

boats with:  -s kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000    instead -v ...

or with -x kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No /Yes

Edit:

what else could help, start with your other runnable OS X and start the myHack.app tool, delete the problematic extensions, because of your Nvidia graphics card.

I've done the same with myHack.app tool, although I had no fault with IOBluetooth

hello spakk  :)

I followed your advice + deleted "Extension Intelgraphics but the problems of low graphics performance is still present. :( 

Does anyone know any trick to avoid white screen with spinning beach ball in 10.10?

From 10.9.2 - 10.9.5 I always have to rollback the 2 kexts from 10.9.1 (AppleAPCIPlatform and IOPCIFamily) but for 10.10, these 2 kext won't work anymore. And the white screen with spinning beach ball has returned. I can never reach the desktop! I could only boot with -x or delete all ATI* AMD* Graphics kext.

Any suggestion for me on this case? BTW, the kernel works flawlessly! Thank you very much developers !!!

Does anyone know any trick to avoid white screen with spinning beach ball in 10.10?

From 10.9.2 - 10.9.5 I always have to rollback the 2 kexts from 10.9.1 (AppleAPCIPlatform and IOPCIFamily) but for 10.10, these 2 kext won't work anymore. And the white screen with spinning beach ball has returned. I can never reach the desktop! I could only boot with -x or delete all ATI* AMD* Graphics kext.

Any suggestion for me on this case? BTW, the kernel works flawlessly! Thank you very much developers !!!

I have this problem as well on Mavericks, however if you look in the Mavericks thread there is a Clover patch for IOPCIFamily that's works just as well as replacing the kexts. I am currently using this on Yosemite and it works really well.

Clover Patch

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/?view=findpost&p=2043389

• Like 2

I have this problem as well on Mavericks, however if you look in the Mavericks thread there is a Clover patch for IOPCIFamily that's works just as well as replacing the kexts. I am currently using this on Yosemite and it works really well.

Clover Patchhttp://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/?view=findpost&p=2043389

I have got the same problem so i will try this method :) . Thanks!