Clover Themes

Slice
1,867 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

@Badruzeus Using Mojave v1.7 the circle that highlights the current selection seems a bit off centre here (When on the bottom row), is that something I can adjust please?

Yes, I just realized getting that issue too with downloaded theme from SF (or via CTM.app). It seems my latest changes for Mojave's func_ icons (among other themes) didn't properly uploaded / synced on the server. I'll fix them soon and let you know. Thanks.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Yes, I just realized getting that issue too with downloaded theme from SF (or via CTM.app). It seems my latest changes for Mojave's func_ icons (among other themes) didn't properly uploaded / synced on the server. I'll fix them soon and let you know. Thanks.

Hmmmm.... It may be easier to remove all the themes and have an admin run the push hook script straight from the server to checkout all the themes again from source. They are probably completely out of sync. IDK though you may be able to fix it by pushing a simple change, unsure.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, apianti said:

Hmmmm.... It may be easier to remove all the themes and have an admin run the push hook script straight from the server to checkout all the themes again from source. They are probably completely out of sync. IDK though you may be able to fix it by pushing a simple change, unsure.

Yes, or probably it was my mistake; my bad.. some files were not copied to local repo b4 pushing to server.

I have, at least 3 diff. theme's locations on my PC; local repo (cloned), efi on VM (preview) and internal ESP.

Usually, need to copy from VM to Local repo b4 pushing.. but sometimes, I missed some files.

Edited by Badruzeus

On 12/9/2018 at 10:26 PM, luky35 said:

@Badruzeus hi,

You have something to restore the MojaveX theme.
Thank you.

As you wish, committed to the repo. It now uses 128px as MainEntries by default (though, I'm sure the question about too big or small icons size will be obsolete later.. yeah, I mean with Vector theme for sure #LoL)

So guys, you probably have known that my uploaded themes on the repo got glitchy fonts especially when they use brighter background as seen on screenshots below (left: pixelated "CPMono" font). Well, it should be fixed on next update (right ss: "Droid Sans Mono"). The issue is not caused by font family actually, but bad design.. that is.

screenshot2.png

Rather than this, you also get this log with almost all of my themes:

Warning! Character width 11 should be even!

... it could be ignored but yeah, the warning is right bcoz I use:

<key>Font</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CharWidth</key>
			<integer>11</integer>
			<key>Path</key>
			<string>Font_CPMono_16pt_White.png</string>
		</dict>

I know about this issue, my another bad font (design). OK, will be fixed soon: for all my themes.

Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

Any idea when (probably) MainEntries allignment issue will be solved?

(Sorry, I'm getting bit frustation now.. honestly -_- I just get well from my sick). Yes, curently I'm working on a Vector theme as well.. but I realized that unCommitted r4785 temporarily was not a good idea for both GUI, Raster theme is well alligned but Vector isn't or vice versa (might be my bad script kiddie). I could running 2 diff Clovers for one mach, ofc on separated partitions but it' s even worse.

So, what I should to do?

VirtualBox_Clover Bootloader_18_12_2018_16_26_20.png

Edited by Badruzeus

On 12/18/2018 at 10:20 AM, Badruzeus said:

Any idea when (probably) MainEntries allignment issue will be solved?

(Sorry, I'm getting bit frustation now.. honestly -_- I just get well from my sick). Yes, curently I'm working on a Vector theme as well.. but I realized that unCommitted r4785 temporarily was not a good idea for both GUI, Raster theme is well alligned but Vector isn't or vice versa (might be my bad script kiddie). I could running 2 diff Clovers for one mach, ofc on separated partitions but it' s even worse.

So, what I should to do?

Reveal hidden contents

How do you think what part of 4785 commit is wrong?

• Thanks 1

He's saying that either the raster themes or the vector themes are off centered by having or reverting that commit, they are not both centered either way. He gave some screenshots in which they are not. Currently raster themes are off center, but he said by reverting that commit they are centered but vector themes are not centered anymore then.

Because vector themes have main icon size 128 and in this case we have good centering with both vector and raster themes.

I still not found the bug. 

Looks like 256 px icon support was initially wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perfectpockmark said:

Here's a theme I've been working on.

Does anyone happen to know if it's possible to show a separate icon for OSX install volumes from OSX boot volumes?

x8mfT9O.gif

Icon for OSX Install already separated from OSX boot.

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Because vector themes have main icon size 128 and in this case we have good centering with both vector and raster themes.

I may propose a workaround to add "row0shift" settings into Theme.plist file. It will affect only theme where it set.

5 hours ago, Slice said:

Icon for OSX Install already separated from OSX boot. 

I think you're talking about there physically being another icon/entry for an installer , but I meant theme-wise.

Like for recovery volumes, there's vol_recovery.icns, but I couldn't find anything like that for install volumes.

The closest thing I found was manually naming all the named OSX releases (os_hsierra, os_moja, etc) and setting os_mac to the installer icon, but when I tested that with a Mojave USB installer, it seems the installer just used the os_moja icon.

Edited by perfectpockmark

On 12/20/2018 at 12:00 PM, Slice said:

I'm not sure if this question should be addressed to you or @Needy

As what I read (though, I don't understand what it meant) bcoz theme that use "BootCampStyle=true" is also not well alligned:

Commit [r4785]: revise bootcamp style, by Needy

These have been added (that I uncommitted on later revs to get MainEntries 128px++ centered )

/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c
+INTN BCSMargin = 11;

/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/lib.h
+extern INTN BCSMargin;

/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/menu.c
\\more changes here.

Screenshots below are using ClassicalX theme (attached) with "BootCampStyle=true", and yes.. it uses 256px for MainEntries (blackosx's BGM256 also has aliignment issue, but only after r4785).

The 1st is using r4813 built from source w/o touching anything:

r4813_repo_untouched.png

The 2nd is a same rev with unCommitting r4785 changes:

r4813_unCommitted-BCS.png

ClassicalX.zip

If this commit changed something with BootCampStyle, I'm bit confuse why it affected another style.. -_-

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

Good research Badruzeus. That kind of feedback helps

BTW, IIRC 256px themes were always quite hacky anyway. Clover only originally had support for 128px icons and I kinda forced 256px in there and got the desired result which you see in the BGM256 theme settings. So I’m not surprised it broke somewhere down the line

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The problem is that because of vector themes, slice changed the way all themes are drawn. He proposed a solution but I believe that there is a better one probably where the value is calculated automatically from the size of the icons. Not sure though as I haven't looked at it closely enough, the GUI seriously gives me nightmares....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

@Badruzeus

Can you try your themes with this test version of Clover?

CLOVER.efi.zip

Thank you, 256px MainEntries are well alligned with your r4817 (test).. only Buttons & Text are off position if using "BootCampStyle=true". Weird is Vector theme, compared to r4713 (with r4785 unCommitted) both have 8px Offset to the left (Orange box). Does this how latest Clovy.svg look like? This is what I meant on prev. post actually.

VirtualBox_Clover-GUI-001.png

r4813 (unCommitting r4785):

VirtualBox_Clover-GUI-002.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 3