Clover Themes

Slice
1,867 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Needy said:

@Badruzeus Fixed the TileYSpace issue with bootcampstyle. Used the attached theme to test it. 

It will break any theme that used hacks to adapt to the wrong logic. 

Thanks, working fine with BootCampStyle=true

Spoiler

Last login: Sun Jan 13 22:23:25 on ttys000
MacBook-Pro:~ badruzeus$ cd ~/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit
MacBook-Pro:refit badruzeus$ patch -i ~/Desktop/Needy/layoutYfix.diff
patching file menu.c
MacBook-Pro:refit badruzeus$ 

Screenshot 29.png

r4844-Test.zip

#EDIT: I did patch ../menu.c before you edited the post with attached "CLOVERX64.efi", if I know this before; I won't patch && compile it my self but using yours LoL...

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Needy said:

@blackosx A bit late but, thank you for fixing the issue. I had alignment issues before committing those changes, there were random hardcoded numbers, like that 8, which you mentioned in one of your previous posts. Even though all that fixed the alignment issues for themes that use default sizes, it broke themes that are using custom sizes for icons, my bad I didn't check. Anyway, it's fixed now.

My apologies to everyone for breaking the custom themes, they differ in behaviour from default, which I didn't take into account.

No problem. Thank you for implementing bootcamp style :)

• Like 3

On 2/16/2016 at 1:41 PM, kosakgroove said:

I am having problems with the icns support in Clover.. Should all my custom icons be PNG for more compatibility?

Also, what resolution and what file type can I use for GUI background?

I changed the icns extention to png and managed to open and edit it in Photoshop. Then, after editing it, I saved it and changed the extention back to png. Anyway, I just did this to grab it's size! Now that I know, if I remember correctly is 80x80, I just create an png document with the logo I want to use (without background/I mean an empty bg), save it  as png and then change it's extention to icns. I hope it works for you! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Here goes one simple BootCamp theme from me. I was pixel peeping with my mac and tried make all the elements as close as possible to the original - therefore no badges :) Tools menu below the main menu. Test it please ;) 

Screenshots taken at 2560x1440.

screenshot1.thumb.png.886c396473f500a63f0c4af4043a13d8.pngscreenshot2.thumb.png.79841b51c2497fe86f620bcf0218abaa.png

bcc.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Slice  the recent change 4867 puts the messaging text in bad location (too high) overlapping with other icons with Clovy. can you adjust it to move it down a bit?

the messages: Boot macOS or Start UEFI is right next to the icons and overlaps them a bit. \

and with other themes seems like the same thing message is pretty jammed up with icons?

screenshot0.thumb.png.5f7e042c1796e3fa35d13744281384ce.png

Edited by tluck
  • Like 3

Hi, I'm having an issue with the Clovy Theme when I'm using my Intel UHD 630 graphics.

When my GTX 1070 is set as the primary GPU, the Clovy theme shows up as expected on startup after booting into Clover (with a keypress, as timeout=0)

However, when my Intel iGPU is set to primary, I just get a black screen when I try and use the Clovy theme at startup. Other themes like Mojave work fine with my Intel GPU.

I'm using a 1440p monitor, with an ASUS Prime Z390-A motherboard. My Hackintosh is running Mojave 10.14.3, and Clover is version 4862.

I'm also using device-id 3e9b my for Intel GPU, so I can get working GPU acceleration in macOS.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, bidero said:

Hey guys. Here goes one simple BootCamp theme from me. I was pixel peeping with my mac and tried make all the elements as close as possible to the original - therefore no badges :) Tools menu below the main menu. Test it please ;) 

Screenshots taken at 2560x1440.

Work with @2x valid for Resolution 4k?

Edited by WeBeRiO

OSS update to v2.1.0

Haven't touch Hackintosh for a while until recently got a dell desktop for cheap. So I decide to update my OSS theme a bit :)

Changelog:

- Use Clover bult-in Bootcampstyle instead of self-building arrow under driver icon

- Add Mac Chime sound to work with latest Clover. Current I have to set PlayAsync as false otherwise Clover hangs for some reason. Not sure if it is theme bug or Clover bug. To be safe just leave it as false.

- Rename and remove some files to be more organized.

Other thoughts in the future:

I read something about svg theme supported by Clover but didn't find any tutorial how to build one yet. Maybe I will transport this theme to svg based for better hidpi support.

screenshot.thumb.png.c9f363d9f776733c2195122f92423eba.png

OSS v2.1.0.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lisai9093 said:

OSS update to v2.1.0

Haven't touch Hackintosh for a while until recently got a dell desktop for cheap. So I decide to update my OSS theme a bit :)

Changelog:

- Use Clover bult-in Bootcampstyle instead of self-building arrow under driver icon

- Add Mac Chime sound to work with latest Clover. Current I have to set PlayAsync as false otherwise Clover hangs for some reason. Not sure if it is theme bug or Clover bug. To be safe just leave it as false.

- Rename and remove some files to be more organized.

Other thoughts in the future:

I read something about svg theme supported by Clover but didn't find any tutorial how to build one yet. Maybe I will transport this theme to svg based for better hidpi support.

OSS v2.1.0.zip

1. PlayAsync is resolved in Clover 4870. It should work now.

2. There is "Vector Theme" topic and

Clover SVG Theme Builder

I don't think full tutorial is possible because it is a year to learn what is vector graphics and 100 pages on SVG specification.

You may read through google translate russian topic "how to..."

Как сделать векторную тему в Adobe Illustrator

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slice said:

1. PlayAsync is resolved in Clover 4870. It should work now.

2. There is "Vector Theme" topic and

Clover SVG Theme Builder

I don't think full tutorial is possible because it is a year to learn what is vector graphics and 100 pages on SVG specification.

You may read through google translate russian topic "how to..."

Как сделать векторную тему в Adobe Illustrator

Thanks a lot! I still remembered the days checking Russian forum to solve my WiFi problemsB)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@Badruzeus 

I wanted to thank you for the absolutely stunning DarkBoot theme.  It is stylish while remaining elegant, something we don't see often.

I have it almost perfectly tuned but have 2 outstanding issues I cannot find info on.

1)  I would like to change the MAcOS icon for another one in your library.  How do I enter the info in Clover Configurator, GUI, Custom entries?

2)  Lastly, do you happen to have 2560 X 1080 image of background.png without the fade?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 3/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, Modmike said:

@Badruzeus 

I wanted to thank you for the absolutely stunning DarkBoot theme.  It is stylish while remaining elegant, something we don't see often.

I have it almost perfectly tuned but have 2 outstanding issues I cannot find info on.

1)  I would like to change the MAcOS icon for another one in your library.  How do I enter the info in Clover Configurator, GUI, Custom entries?

2)  Lastly, do you happen to have 2560 X 1080 image of background.png without the fade?

Thanks!

U r welcome.

1) There's option to use Custom Icon for Specific Entry on config.plist (GUI - Custom - Entry).. but I no longer remember how to. Alternatively, change it' s icon name.

2) Yes. But I just moved my daily OS from old 10.11.6 to 10.13.6 while my designs are archived on ext. backup disk (which I forgot where was placing it for last time). Hopefully on next few days I'll take a look into it.

Thanks.

Can you please give your own image, draw a box with bright lines around the menu region and provide pixel counts on the surrounding sides that prove the image is not centered because the repo screenshot looks centered to me.... lol. You can get a screenshot with F10 that ends up in \EFI\CLOVER\misc directory on ESP.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, apianti said:

Can you please give your own image, draw a box with bright lines around the menu region and provide pixel counts on the surrounding sides that prove the image is not centered because the repo screenshot looks centered to me.... lol. You can get a screenshot with F10 that ends up in \EFI\CLOVER\misc directory on ESP.

No problem. I think it's because the screenshot is from 2017. The icons are a little bit off center to the left. They need to move to the right a little bit.

20190323_062801.jpg

Edited by hohoho

I need the actual screenshot from pressing F10 to actually see that it's off center and not an illusion because of the theme. Also, that looks perfectly centered to me, if you take into account the windows icon is smaller looking and the power icon in the tool bar. It gives a ramping effect from left to right which makes it seem like its drawn closer to the left. I can put both my closed hands on each side of this and it is exactly covered.

EDIT: Also upon further inspection, since the image is slightly offset, its angled slightly, I took a piece of paper and placed it directly in the center of the acer logo at the bottom and the center of the camera at the top, it goes directly through the center of the installer icon...

Edited by apianti
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, apianti said:

I need the actual screenshot from pressing F10 to actually see that it's off center and not an illusion because of the theme. Also, that looks perfectly centered to me, if you take into account the windows icon is smaller looking and the power icon in the tool bar. It gives a ramping effect from left to right which makes it seem like its drawn closer to the left. I can put both my closed hands on each side of this and it is exactly covered.

EDIT: Also upon further inspection, since the image is slightly offset, its angled slightly, I took a piece of paper and placed it directly in the center of the acer logo at the bottom and the center of the camera at the top, it goes directly through the center of the installer icon...

Okay. I will take another picture and will try to do the box thing you mentioned. I'm looking at the center of the webcam. It's off center when i look at it from there.

[edit] i guess it's center according to the screenshot i took with F10. sorry? maybe it's just my eyes?

20190323_105247.jpg

20190323_105135.jpg

screenshot0.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 11.18.48 AM.png

Edited by hohoho
added more screenshots
  • Haha 1

You folded a more malleable material and you can see that you didn't do it squarely, the the top right corner in the back is higher than the corner in the front which means that the folded line will run towards the right side when the bottom edge is placed flat. I can see how it's slanted to the right. It's just an optical illusions playing tricks with your eyes, especially when the selection is on the right as well, really creates a widening effect towards the right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2019 at 2:22 AM, tluck said:

@Slice  the recent change 4867 puts the messaging text in bad location (too high) overlapping with other icons with Clovy. can you adjust it to move it down a bit?

the messages: Boot macOS or Start UEFI is right next to the icons and overlaps them a bit. \

and with other themes seems like the same thing message is pretty jammed up with icons?

screenshot0.thumb.png.5f7e042c1796e3fa35d13744281384ce.png

Hi All,
Is this version of the "embedded" Clover theme available for download?
Thanks in advance for Your reply

4 hours ago, SardusX86 said:

Hi All,
Is this version of the "embedded" Clover theme available for download?
Thanks in advance for Your reply

You should differ Clovy SVG theme and embedded theme (also created by Clovy but it is raster theme).

• 2 weeks later...