Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ellaosx said:

hi @iCanaro

last time i enabled trim when i was still using HFS. Do we still need it in APFS?

this is a good question, but since you can also enable it on NVMe disks, I always enable it

Spoiler

Schermata 2020-11-18 alle 10.04.24.png

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @iCanaro

Can you share your ACPI SSDT, please.

the point is not my ACPI, but that I mapped the USB by extracting the ACPI then with macials I disabled those not in use on SSDT-4-xh_rvp08.aml which is ssdt delegated to the USB on the Z370, to fall within the limit of 15 ports, then it is patched, and defined in the config in drop tables and sorted order.
The end result is that you have the hack as a real mac with the USB working at its best. Additional asmedia related to type c is natively recognized and does not fall within the 15-port limit.

gengik84 has been using this method since the days of el capitan and wrote the guides

Alternative Method Based on your OWN SKYLAKE-compatible ACPIs and later

https://www.macos86.it/topic/9-mappatura-porte-usb/

• Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Trying to understand why my USBMap.kext has no effect, I realize that my SMBIOS is not injected ! That probably explains why.

The config is correct because it works with Clover < 5123.

Anyone know why my smbios could be not injected ?

this is coming during OC integration, because on mojave, it will be well, excepted "plateforme ID", and under sierra "system id" and "plateforme ID" aren't too

i  use clover parameter , as classic  for all, excepted "plateforme ID" that is in device->proprieties to add this information

i notice too that, but it may be create binaries.

talk to slice, tey a version before with SIP disable and made a report with DarwinDumper

then use the last clover and do same operation (SIP disable) and made a report with DarwinDumper

if you  make diff for each sub folder, you could see, :

-What is good

-What isnt Right

i agree there unexpected case, that it is important to understand and fix if any

(for instance 1 plug ing, or device->property etc...)

it not easy to understand localize what make this.

56 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

Alternative Method Based on your OWN SKYLAKE-compatible ACPIs and later

https://www.macos86.it/topic/9-mappatura-porte-usb/

Interresting, i changed many time USB def (acpi, usball.kext...), i but when  i updated mac os from el capitan, to  sierra, and then mojave, i change all time , because the definition is take into account properly

Edited by maclinuxG4

Hi @Jief_Machak and all Guys

I update successfully from Release 11.0.1 to Big Sur 11.1 Beta (kexts in Other folder). Now I've some trouble: Clover r5126 commit 2cdab656a (this commit works fine with Release).

• Big Sur icon (my Clover Theme works fine before) isn't recognize
  • Stuck at Clover GUI no mouse, no keyboard (USB issues ?)
  • Clean NVRAm several times and shutdown to boot

Any ideas or solutions, please

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.a460cda666c92fb1ba97fb681573c57e.png

Spoiler

screenshot1.thumb.png.8bbee4867d0fdf8665db799dbd635000.png

debug.log

5 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

It's a Dell XPS.

I've added some log and I can see "UpdateSmbiosString() -> CopyMem MacBookPro15,1 14"

So the model name is copied. Somewhere after it's ignored ???

If you have issue booting old macOS use this kext 

its work for me on Sierra

new version not work, this is the only one working here 0.7.1

USBInjectAll.kext.zip

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I don't think USBInjectAll will solve my smbios problem.

My usb problems comes from that smbios problem.

putting aside for a moment this serious problem where your SMBIOS is not loaded, I wondered.. but how many ports will a notebook ever have to exceed the 15???
but did you try without putting any kext for USB?! at most enables quirks XhciPortLimit

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iCanaro said:

but did you try without putting any kext for USB

I tried before realizing I have that SMBios problem. Pretty sure that will fix the USB problem. And I have to fix that smbios problem anyway. When the smbios is fixed, if the USB isn't, I'll see then.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I tried before realizing I have that SMBios problem. Pretty sure that will fix the USB problem. And I have to fix that smbios problem anyway. When the smbios is fixed, if the USB isn't, I'll see then.

let's go in stages

put your Clover folder and a blank DSDT
Follow up with an ioreg and let's see where we can find the problem

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

It's a Dell XPS.

I've added some log and I can see "UpdateSmbiosString() -> CopyMem MacBookPro15,1 14"

did you try any previous release of clover or dev to understand, when it is broken ?

(i think, you could check  FLAG change for the build ( -lto  for instance)

39 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

It's a Dell XPS.

Edited by maclinuxG4

8 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

Hi again @iCanaro

Quirks's XhciPortLimit is equivalent to clover's kextstopatch USB Port Limit patches?

yes
when I tested it, turning off my mapping, it actually unlocked all 26 USB ports that were visible in ioreg
what I don't know, if it works indiscriminately on any macOS release and version 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

It is very disappointing, you are the developer Solve problems for many people. But stuck to my own place, sorry

It is always your encouragement.:)

21 hours ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you so much for your understanding of my post, chris1111.

It's hard-coded, so it's very understandable to change the source.

Excuse me, for your great source code, I would like to say that it is certainly good to have a backup on your desktop, which is your great taste.

However, only a handful of people here can choose a few for their desktop. It is very regrettable that it does not make you great.

It's your great code. And that will make Clover great.

I can only beg you for those unlucky people who can't choose what to put on their desktop.

I would be honored if you could understand my poor English.

I'm very sorry.

To finish the discussion I want to ask if the user's home folder will suit for you and other people you mentioned?

If yes then we can change the package. @chris1111 may do this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Slice said:

To finish the discussion I want to ask if the user's home folder will suit for you and other people you mentioned?

I think we should ask opinions from many of you first, right? Or just make a button to choose where to put it. If the poll results are more, then that result can be done.:)

Sorry, I might be too busy.

14 minutes ago, Slice said:

I take myself out, for me the backup of the EFI put it where it makes the most people happy and end discussions ... i'm fine even if put in the trash can :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1