Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

the script modified by @chris1111 add another back-up folder onto desktop as well...

To be honest, like it or dislike it is not what matters most, just a question of coherence, at least when modifing a code would be nice to take in consideration what is already implemented and take that as start point for

At least I never use the clover app

The Clover package has nothing to do with Clover.app they are two totally different things that's probably why the clover app has not taken into account that the package made the backup on the root disk before the change.

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

anyone provide me latest commited compiled clover v5.1 r5126 pkg

it is not the last one but it is already compatible with the direct installation in Big Sur when Chris created and made it available according to Slice

Clover_r5126.pkg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

At least I never use the clover app

The Clover package has nothing to do with Clover.app they are two totally different things that's probably why the clover app has not taken into account that the package made the backup on the root disk before the change.

Well when Clover.app was made it took plenty into consideration the fact clover could no more make use of root dir for its backups, that's the reason why it does it onto desktop...

Then the fact you do not make use of it, it's not really a valid excuse :P ... I personally do not use it either, and I do not use the Installer package as well.

Anyway, Clover.app does exactly the same work as the package = installs the boot-loader on the EFI of your choice and makes a backup.

or did i miss something strictly pkg related?

anyway long story short, as per their actual backup behaviour, both are annoying... lol

• Thanks 1

from ioreg the PM is OK
you have 14 USB 2.0 HS
and 1 USB 3 SS
so the USB's aren't mapped and seeing that you have USBinjectall, you don't have port limit patches to unlock them all
SMCLinghtSensor what would you need?

Does anyone use a codeless kext USBMap.kext (or equivalent USBPorts, USBPower, etc.) with CLover 5126 ?

I have one, it works in OpenCore, it doesn't work with Clover. I can see it in the log, but it seems to be ignored. Is there any other settings I might have forgotten ?

5 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Thanks a lot @PG7. I’m going to test your EFI.

read well what I explained!
- you are using the folder I sent, but not as I sent it
reason: you are using SMBIOS iMac15.1 when I sent iMac14.2 for the reason I explained in my comment!

- I also said to do with this EFI folder a new mapping of USB ports and delete the two Kext USB ports as well as the limitation patch for Clover's USB ports on the Quirks (I also don't know if it is working on BigSur NOT TESTED)

after all this yes test

you can check in the EFI folder that I posted that in the config.plist this is the SMBIOS iMac14.2 and you sent me the iroeg with iMac15.1 ....

27 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Does anyone use a codeless kext USBMap.kext (or equivalent USBPorts, USBPower, etc.) with CLover 5126 ?

I have one, it works in OpenCore, it doesn't work with Clover. I can see it in the log, but it seems to be ignored. Is there any other settings I might have forgotten ?

tested now on Z370, generated USBPorts.kext and placed in the other folder
disabled my mapping ssdt and its config settings
restarted on big his and by ioreg mapping is always ok

791672878_Schermata2020-11-18alle00_28_33.thumb.jpg.d6589b92f28270db018fe460423e1fb3.jpg

25 minutes ago, PG7 said:

Clover's USB ports on the Quirks (I also don't know if it is working on BigSur NOT TESTED)

when I tried the quirk for USB these worked well by opening all the ports

26 minutes ago, PG7 said:

you are using SMBIOS iMac15.1 when I sent iMac14.2 for the reason I explained in my comment!

from what I know, with big sur some SMBIOS Haswell have been deprecated; iMac14.4 and 15.1 are working

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

here use without problems with the r5126

Spoiler

1079707647_Capturedecran2020-11-18a00_42_25.thumb.png.1e8fa2830fee6f337295ca4401cf170f.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jief_Machak said:

@iCanaro if you remove USBPorts.kext without touching anything else, the usb mapping is wrong ?

if you remove USBPorts.kext without doing anything else, of course the mapping will be wrong, you will have 14 HS (USB 2.0) and 1 SS (USB 3)

if you turn on the quirks (xhcportlimit) or port limit patch then they all unlock but it's not the optimal solution

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iCanaro said:

what leads to the desired result :P generally both methods work.
My opinion is that if you want TRIM enabled even during installation processes, better patch, otherwise TRIMFORCE post installation is OK

it's absolutely true what you say.
Forcing TRIM, however, could help those SSD drives where garbage collection doesn't do its job

hi @iCanaro

last time i enabled trim when i was still using HFS. Do we still need it in APFS?

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

from ioreg with usb mapped with my ACPI, it is immediately apparent that USPorts.kext adversely affected the USB 3.1 asmedia PXSX

using USBPorts.kext

Schermata 2020-11-18 alle 00.28.33.jpg

using my ACPI

353300795_Schermata2020-11-18alle00_48_33.png.95d213cf49df73c5d2b3c5ff1f5e7c1c.png

@iCanaro, @Jief_Machak: I compared the AppleUSBXHCIPCI kext plug-in included in Catalina’s IOUSBHOSTFAMILY kext with Big Sur’s and noticed that Apple changed the AppleUSBXHCIPCI IOKit personalities by including AppleASMedia3142USBXHCI and AppleASMediaUSBXHCI new entries not present in Catalina’s version of this plugin. I believe this change is not interacting well with existing USB port mapping methods employed, adversely affecting USB 3.1. Would you agree with this?

Edited by jlrycm

6 hours ago, iCanaro said:

of course the mapping will be wrong

To affirm that, 100%, you have to test (maybe your already did?). Because it's always possible that it's working for another reason. For example, it's possible to have USB port working without USBMap.

I know that you are probably right. 99.9999% chance. After all, if you used USBMap in the first place, it's probably because it wasn't working...

But we never know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

To affirm that, 100%, you have to test (maybe your already did?). Because it's always possible that it's working for another reason. For example, it's possible to have USB port working without USBMap.

I know that you are probably right. 99.9999% chance. After all, if you used USBMap in the first place, it's probably because it wasn't working...

But we never know.

Hello! Jief_Machak
How to make bigsur boot with code Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61? With the iMac14,2 model IM142.88Z.F000.B00.2006101806 Because this model does not support bigsur

56 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Hello Naiclub

I don't know the details.

But I found the following.

macOS 11 Big Sur on Unsupported Macs Thread

Install macOS Big Sur on unsupported Mac

Thank you.

If possible, I think it's better to do a search before asking.

Unfortunately not, my iMac isn't supported either.

These are supported Macs:

MacBook
2015 and later

MacBook Air
2013 and later

MacBook Pro
Late 2013 and later

Mac mini
2014 and later

iMac
2014 and later

iMac Pro
2017 and later
(all models)

Mac Pro
2013 and later

No Mac, late 2013 is gone:lol:

https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-macos-supported.html#prompt-close

Edited by naiclub

7 hours ago, iCanaro said:

from ioreg with usb mapped with my ACPI, it is immediately apparent that USPorts.kext adversely affected the USB 3.1 asmedia PXSX

using USBPorts.kext

using my ACPI

Hi @iCanaro

Can you share your ACPI SSDT, please.