Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you so much for your understanding of my post, chris1111.

It's hard-coded, so it's very understandable to change the source.

Excuse me, for your great source code, I would like to say that it is certainly good to have a backup on your desktop, which is your great taste.

However, only a handful of people here can choose a few for their desktop. It is very regrettable that it does not make you great.

It's your great code. And that will make Clover great.

I can only beg you for those unlucky people who can't choose what to put on their desktop.

I would be honored if you could understand my poor English.

I'm very sorry.

I understand but the scripts source is not made by me its create by @JrCs I only adapted the script for Big Sur 11 to make the Package work

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Hi @Jief_Machak is there a way we can help to solve this problem? I’m actually stuck with Catalina. Not a big problem but I would like to give Big Sur a try. Thanks

put your hackintosh specifications and send the EFI that they are using to help you

44 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you so much for your understanding of my post, chris1111.

It's hard-coded, so it's very understandable to change the source.

Excuse me, for your great source code, I would like to say that it is certainly good to have a backup on your desktop, which is your great taste.

However, only a handful of people here can choose a few for their desktop. It is very regrettable that it does not make you great.

It's your great code. And that will make Clover great.

I can only beg you for those unlucky people who can't choose what to put on their desktop.

I would be honored if you could understand my poor English.

I'm very sorry.

i understand very well what you write
what I don't understand, is what issue would represent backing up the EFI on the desktop.
It does not like on the desktop, it takes and moves to the most welcome location, after updating Clover, end of games.
I understood very well that you would like to have the option to be able to decide where to back up, but since this is not a big problem that affects the operation of the hack, for me you have to do like rushes with the wind, bend and adapt ;) and leave developers focused on more vital issues related to hack startup and operation... without wanting to offend anyone, that's my thought 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I understand but the scripts source is not made by me its create by @JrCs I only adapted the script for Big Sur 11 to make the Package work

I'll try to adjust it myself. What will be the results? Will report to you.

Now the work is busy, just give me some time.
And sorry that it has nothing to do with Clover.

Spoiler

1278263762_Screenshot2020-11-17235909.thumb.png.4068448fb6eda22460d956a9c89410c2.png

Edited by naiclub

2 hours ago, PG7 said:

good afternoon,

- I saw that you are in trouble but also partly created it!
I know Daniel perfectly and I know how he patches DSDT as well as how he delivers EFI
- I saw that you use the DSDT with correction made by him (MaLd0n) where you have all the patches inserted, but I ALSO saw that you put the patches again by SSDT which in this case can only cause conflicts !!! "you should not use patches for the same devices two or more times"
- I also saw that you use hotpatch in the config in addition to SSDT and DSDT plus another error, to be used only in one place!
- I saw that you are using a USB mapping SSDT in case I deleted it, put the kext plus the USB limit patch for you to test and be able to make a clean mapping and use only I advise kext 'to forget to delete the others two kext and the limit patch in config '
- Daniel had already disabled USB2 I used another way to disable them too
I just redid the USB patch on the RP05 to test but I also don't know if your USB3 ports are working correctly with the 5Ghz !!!
- I also have Haswell chipset and in several hack what in one of them if I use another SMBIOS that at 14.2 I can not in any way activate the USB3 ports at high speed which forces me to use even in Big Sur the SMBIOS iMac14,2 (I always have a duplicate of the configuration with SMBIOS iMac15,1 to be able to install and update Big Sur) "did the same for you"

now test this EFI and return the result to us!

EFI.zip

Thanks a lot @PG7. I’m going to test your EFI.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Thanks a lot @iCanaro. I’m going to create the USbmap kext again (I used it in the past but due to some issues I replaced it with the custom ssdt-UIAC) to see if it solves my issue.

@iCanaro

i created the USBMap.kext and tested but Big Sur is still reporting the ASmedia USB as 3.0 instead of USB 3.1 and does not recognize the external drive when I connect it to the USB Type C port.

@PG7

i tested the EFI folder you shared with me adding the USBMap.kext I just created (discarding the SSDT-uiac AML and USBinjectall kext). No luck with the USB 3.1. Would Apple have backlisted /blocked something in the IOUSBHostfamily kext in Big Sur that is causing this issue?

3 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

i tested the EFI folder you shared with me adding the USBMap.kext I just created (discarding the SSDT-uiac AML and USBinjectall kext). No luck with the USB 3.1. Would Apple have backlisted /blocked something in the IOUSBHostfamily kext in Big Sur that is causing this issue?

put an ioreg to see what's going on

6 minutes ago, polyzargone said:

About the Clover EFI Backup folder location, who decided that it should be on the desktop?

I also dislike this unilateral decision…

why didn't you do it?

then move on to Chamaleon who has another folder .... I don't know demanding people! is it working what you want most?

this Bakup folder is actually deleted soon after, and one is always kept out of Hack!

more who has a minimum interest or leaves to create and has no problem or guard in external

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, polyzargone said:

About the Clover EFI Backup folder location, who decided that it should be on the desktop?

Its me to decide and Slice agree

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

Bonjour @ PG7, comme demandé ci-joint est le fichier ioreg.

Jorge's iMac11172020.zip

you are not using the EFI folder I sent ...
as I said NAO is of no help and you are doing differently, read my first comment where I explained what was already EVIL

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Its me to decide and Slice agree

I am 200% in agreement with you

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, naiclub said:

I was blocked from accessing this location.

Reveal hidden contents

1252647030_2563-11-1801_59_17.png.989f397dea64885e2c648796d692d32b.png

From this position

Reveal hidden contents

1217691146_2563-11-1801_04_08.png.94c23258ab2148ea966f012ad2751275.png

It shows that the owner of the file is not satisfied, therefore blocking access to this file or not.

you did not do it right

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, polyzargone said:

I would give the bulk files and everyone puts them by hand and backs up EFI independently where they believe best.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, naiclub said:

Gathering again If it doesn't come as before, then intentionally think yes.
Sorry I was curious, very curious to try it.

Discussion about backup is close for me here on that thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

I would give the bulk files and everyone puts them by hand and backs up EFI independently where they believe best.

leaves the choice of the creator !!!

no one should even complain since someone did it, sometimes just the way they describe it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PG7 said:

why didn't you do it?

And why should I do that? Because you say so?

You miss the point here. Of course I can do it but it will never be in the release version. What some others and I are asking is why desktop should be the default location?

1 hour ago, PG7 said:

I am 200% in agreement with you

Well that´s your opinion… Are we allowed to disagree?

Anyway, I don’t really care to be honest.

Edited by polyzargone
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, polyzargone said:

And why should I do that? Because you say so?

You miss the point here. Of course I can do it but it will never be in the release version. What some others and I are asking is why desktop should be the default location?

and why didn't you do it and introduce yourself as i did Chris?

he found his taste and whoever uses and does nothing can only say MERCI

10 minutes ago, polyzargone said:

Well that´s your opinion… Are we allowed to disagree?

Anyway, I don’t really care to be honest.

because you shouldn't have an opinion, even more because the opinion is free! BUT not in the way that you initially comment !!!

now after a solution found there is no lack of knowledge (as always) but in reality it is always the same we expect others! in my case I wouldn't know how to do it !!!

let's be honest, there are other problems yet to be solved before an EFI Backup folder that in reality few or no one will use it and be deleted immediately!

there is a good continuity of Day / Night as we are in the same country

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well... this discussion on EFI backup,

Since, it's all about what is better for Clover itself....

I would repeat myself once again,

As i previously stated, Clover.app made by @vector sigma to take care of the (now solved) impossibility for the installer package script to handle the new systems restrictions a.s.o, already makes a backup onto Desktop called cloverbackup,

now the script modified by @chris1111 add another back-up folder onto desktop as well...

To be honest, like it or dislike it is not what matters most, just a question of coherence, at least when modifing a code would be nice to take in consideration what is already implemented and take that as start point for what is going to be..

Now concerning what would be the best option, i would have chosen (since already present and most directly related to any Clover dependencies) the src folder itself...

but that's just my opinion

As @mifjpnsan states, it also a question of ethics and aesthetics :)

my 2 cents.

Edited by LAbyOne
forgot a t
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1