Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

What is the best (or recommanded) way to activate trim for SSD ? trimforce, or a patch ?

what leads to the desired result :P generally both methods work.
My opinion is that if you want TRIM enabled even during installation processes, better patch, otherwise TRIMFORCE post installation is OK

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

@Jief_Machak - Hi - I was led to understand that most high end SSD Drives has inbuilt ability for garbage collection so by discarding the need for a third party patch or I am mistaken?

it's absolutely true what you say.
Forcing TRIM, however, could help those SSD drives where garbage collection doesn't do its job

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, iCanaro said:

Forcing TRIM, however, could help those SSD drives where garbage collection doesn't do its job

Thanks - that makes sense - I know genuine Macs has this inbuilt ability so  obviously no need to apply a method for TRIM.

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

PXSX is normal for USB3 asmedia as additional controllers

remove USBinjectall and you'll see that the correct USB power supply starts working again
USBinjectall is an absolutely useful kext during installation, but in post installation it is to be removed from the feet as soon as possible, mapping the USB and refining hack settings.

Hello @iCanaro. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. I’m using USBinjectall combined with a custom SSDT-UIAC which is a solution equally valid as the USBmaps.kext. From I have learned, the card has native support in Catalina and previous macOS versions and the SSDT-UIAC + USBINJECTALL couple was not supposed to have influence over USB controllers natively supported. I really don’t have an idea why this card is not working in Big Sur, unless the kext is not being uploaded properly. When I connect a drive to the USB Type C port, nothing happens, and as shown in the picture, the USB is displayed as 3.0 instead of 3.1 which is how is displayed in Catalina.  Also, in Catalina the USB 3.1 in this card appears to be supported by AppleUSBXHCIPCI which is a plug-in of IOUSBHostfamily kext. I thought about a workaround of loading the Catalina kext directly from OpenCore but not sure it would work. At least it’s a solution that some colleagues applied in Big Sur to enable the wifi cards whose native support was dropped in Big Sur. Any thoughts on that, @Slice, @Jief_Machak, @iCanaro or anyone else?

12 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

I’m using USBinjectall combined with a custom SSDT-UIAC which is a solution equally valid as the USBmaps.kext. From I have learned, the card has native support in Catalina and previous macOS versions and the SSDT-UIAC + USBINJECTALL couple was not supposed to have influence over USB controllers natively supported

no negative, the solution you adopt for me is not good, the use of USBinjectall brings power problems to USB ports.
if you want a good alternative, with hackintool generate USBPorts.kext and only use him
no USBinjectall, no SSDT-UIAC and no port limit patches

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

PXSX is normal for USB3 asmedia as additional controllers

remove USBinjectall and you'll see that the correct USB power supply starts working again
USBinjectall is an absolutely useful kext during installation, but in post installation it is to be removed from the feet as soon as possible, mapping the USB and refining hack settings.

Hello @iCanaro. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. I’m using USBinjectall combined with a custom SSDT-UIAC which is a solution equally valid as the USBmaps.kext. From I have learned, the card has native support in Catalina and previous macOS versions and the SSDT-UIAC + USBINJECTALL couple was not supposed to have influence over USB controllers natively supported. However, I could try the corpnewt USBmaps guide if it’s better than what I did.  I really don’t have an idea why this card is not working in Big Sur, unless the kext is not being uploaded properly. When I connect a drive to the USB Type C port, nothing happens, and as shown in the picture, the USB is displayed as 3.0 instead of 3.1 which is how is displayed in Catalina.  Also, in Catalina the USB 3.1 in this card appears to be supported by AppleUSBXHCIPCI which is a plug-in of IOUSBHostfamily kext. I thought about a workaround of loading the Catalina kext directly from OpenCore but not sure it would work. At least it’s a solution that some colleagues applied in Big Sur to enable the wifi cards whose native support was dropped in Big Sur. Another option I thought was to patch the AppleASMediaUSBXHCI that appears in the picture above as loading the USB 3.0 to force it to recognize the card ports as USB 3.1. Any thoughts about alternatives, @Slice, @Jief_Machak, @iCanaro or anyone else?

Edited by jlrycm

29 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you,Slice and Jief!!

Hello everyone.
Was the location of CloverBackups decided to be "~/Desktop/Clover EFI Backups"?
It's not bad in an easy-to-see place.
But I think some people care about how it looks on Desktop.
My suggestion is "~/Clover EFI Backups".
Since this is the home folder, so you'll definitely notice it, and I think it's a convenient place to separate it from other folders.

What do you think of it?

If possible,
I am waiting for "Like", "sad" votes.
Thank you.

I think Everybody as suggestion and all is good but imposible to satisfy all people

if you prefer other directory why don't you do it yourself

Its verry simply

CloverBootloader/CloverPackage/package/Scripts.templates/EFIFolder/preinstall

Open with Xcode or any good textediter

Line 95 / 98 change it as you want. Simple as that

Spoiler

1072794618_Capturedcranle2020-11-1707_37_55.png.6664eacd2b213c1eb34adcceac8936f1.png

For my part, I prefer the Desktop at Home :)

Edited by chris1111
Image in spoiler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

for all Clover users who do not use custom SSDT-PLUG or SSDT x PM (Power Management), but use only the plugin type flag, to verify that the PM certainly does not work

https://www.macos86.it/topic/3834-power-management/?do=findComment&comment=93066

https://www.macos86.it/topic/3647-clover-quirks/?do=findComment&comment=89965

quick fix this but we recommend using ssdt x pm

1465941322_Schermata2020-11-17alle13_21_

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jlrycm said:

Hello @iCanaro. Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. I’m using USBinjectall combined with a custom SSDT-UIAC which is a solution equally valid as the USBmaps.kext. From I have learned, the card has native support in Catalina and previous macOS versions and the SSDT-UIAC + USBINJECTALL couple was not supposed to have influence over USB controllers natively supported. However, I could try the corpnewt USBmaps guide if it’s better than what I did.  I really don’t have an idea why this card is not working in Big Sur, unless the kext is not being uploaded properly. When I connect a drive to the USB Type C port, nothing happens, and as shown in the picture, the USB is displayed as 3.0 instead of 3.1 which is how is displayed in Catalina.  Also, in Catalina the USB 3.1 in this card appears to be supported by AppleUSBXHCIPCI which is a plug-in of IOUSBHostfamily kext. I thought about a workaround of loading the Catalina kext directly from OpenCore but not sure it would work. At least it’s a solution that some colleagues applied in Big Sur to enable the wifi cards whose native support was dropped in Big Sur. Another option I thought was to patch the AppleASMediaUSBXHCI that appears in the picture above as loading the USB 3.0 to force it to recognize the card ports as USB 3.1. Any thoughts about alternatives, @Slice, @Jief_Machak, @iCanaro or anyone else?

for me the solution is simple and I have been using it for some time on all hacks, that is, I create a special ssdt usb mapping by extracting my ACPI and modifying the one related to USB.
With haswell it is even easier, because there is a .dsl sample to be modified with macials to disable doors that you do not use and fall within the limit of 15 imposed by the fruit seller.
The point is that even though there have been these guides for years, as far as I know, they're only in Italian, and sometimes understanding or using translators, it's not easyhttps://www.macos86.it/topic/9-mappatura-porte-usb/?do=findComment&comment=149

personally i never recommend patching system files as much as possible configure everything from efi

• Like 1

Now, I'm trying to boot High Sierra installed on a USB drive (not the installer, just a normal version).

With Clover previous to OC integration, it works fine. With 5126, I got a still waiting for root device. I've checked and USBMap.kext is well injected.

Can you boot macOS installed on a USB drive with Clover >= 5124 ?

I tried OC, but I got this panic :IMG_0843.thumb.JPG.25a47d0928bb551a59a80fbae260c064.JPG

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Thank you chris1111
As you say, I agree with the idea that each person has their own answer.
As you say, I and everyone here changed the source and came to my liking, and I also tried it.
I'm very sorry, but I think it's even better to give options to people who can't build using Git-Hub.
I apologize for the inconvenience, but I would appreciate it if you could at least add a command line option to "pkg".
Please.
Thank you.

If it was, I would do this.
$ HOME / Documents / Clover EFI Backup "

Placing it on the desktop Makes it look very messy with the eyes

Edited by naiclub

11 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

@mifjpn I don't understand everything you say

command line option to pkg where ?

He meant having the option to click backup files as he wanted, such as root. Desktop or documentation like this

10 hours ago, jlrycm said:

Hello @Slice @Jief_Machak: by any chance you had the opportunity to see my previous post about my installation of Big Sur, which was successful except for the USB 3.1 gen 2 PCIe card which is loaded properly in Catalina but not in Big Sur. The card uses ASmedia 2142 usb controller which is supposed to be supported natively. I checked with the vendor and they responded that the card is supposed to be supported natively by Big Sur. However, that’s not the case as you can see in the pictures attached to my previous post in which I also attached the efi folder and the ioreg copy.

good afternoon,

- I saw that you are in trouble but also partly created it!
I know Daniel perfectly and I know how he patches DSDT as well as how he delivers EFI
- I saw that you use the DSDT with correction made by him (MaLd0n) where you have all the patches inserted, but I ALSO saw that you put the patches again by SSDT which in this case can only cause conflicts !!! "you should not use patches for the same devices two or more times"
- I also saw that you use hotpatch in the config in addition to SSDT and DSDT plus another error, to be used only in one place!
- I saw that you are using a USB mapping SSDT in case I deleted it, put the kext plus the USB limit patch for you to test and be able to make a clean mapping and use only I advise kext 'to forget to delete the others two kext and the limit patch in config '
- Daniel had already disabled USB2 I used another way to disable them too
I just redid the USB patch on the RP05 to test but I also don't know if your USB3 ports are working correctly with the 5Ghz !!!
- I also have Haswell chipset and in several hack what in one of them if I use another SMBIOS that at 14.2 I can not in any way activate the USB3 ports at high speed which forces me to use even in Big Sur the SMBIOS iMac14,2 (I always have a duplicate of the configuration with SMBIOS iMac15,1 to be able to install and update Big Sur) "did the same for you"

now test this EFI and return the result to us!

EFI.zip

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mifjpn said:

If I make you angry, I apologize.
I'm sorry, but I have to say the following.
People who can't change the source may use your favorite source.
Then I don't want to say that they shouldn't use your sauce.
Because you are very familiar with Hackintosh. Those who use your source are willing to obey you.
To that end, I only beg for mercy for them.
If you can't technically add options to your package, please forgive my ignorance.
Thank you.

Your not make me angry

I can not ad option for this sorry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

for me the solution is simple and I have been using it for some time on all hacks, that is, I create a special ssdt usb mapping by extracting my ACPI and modifying the one related to USB.
With haswell it is even easier, because there is a .dsl sample to be modified with macials to disable doors that you do not use and fall within the limit of 15 imposed by the fruit seller.
The point is that even though there have been these guides for years, as far as I know, they're only in Italian, and sometimes understanding or using translators, it's not easyhttps://www.macos86.it/topic/9-mappatura-porte-usb/?do=findComment&comment=149

personally i never recommend patching system files as much as possible configure everything from efi

Thanks a lot @iCanaro. I’m going to create the USbmap kext again (I used it in the past but due to some issues I replaced it with the custom ssdt-UIAC) to see if it solves my issue.

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Can you boot macOS installed on a USB drive with Clover >= 5124 ?

I have not tested this version in installation

I use the patch on the DSDT but I will remove and test from here and I will resolve it

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

I tried OC, but I got this panic :

this with the failed Quirks

which chipset?

Thanks a lot @iCanaro. I’m going to create the USbmap kext again (I used it in the past but due to some issues I replaced it with the custom ssdt-UIAC) to see if it solves my issue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

for all Clover users who do not use custom SSDT-PLUG or SSDT x PM (Power Management), but use only the plugin type flag, to verify that the PM certainly does not work

https://www.macos86.it/topic/3834-power-management/?do=findComment&comment=93066

https://www.macos86.it/topic/3647-clover-quirks/?do=findComment&comment=89965

quick fix this but we recommend using ssdt x pm

1465941322_Schermata2020-11-17alle13_21_

affirmative

with the PLUG patch on the DSDT works without problems
with the patch on Clover "PluginType" on Clover r5126 is not working

- prints

Spoiler

349232898_Capturedecran2020-11-17a16_24_14.thumb.png.f1a1f48d64f97d5d701fe064848b1356.png1333115789_Capturedecran2020-11-17a16_27_16.thumb.png.53aee7d48b14f04f116ff74430089487.png1333115789_Capturedecran2020-11-17a16_27_16.thumb.png.53aee7d48b14f04f116ff74430089487.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2020 at 3:14 PM, Matgen84 said:

@Jief_Machak I test only 114854268 (11/8) with the same folder with kexts (Other and 11): panic no summary, Lilu not load at first in Other folder.

debug 114854268_08-11-20.log

Hi @Jief_Machak is there a way we can help to solve this problem? I’m actually stuck with Catalina. Not a big problem but I would like to give Big Sur a try. Thanks

• Like 1