Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

it's always better to define all fields and entries correctly, even if you only use BUgFart :D

now with MatchOS in place, from me the previously posted config 29 correctly starts mojave, catalina and BS @Jief_Machak :thumbsup_anim:

PS: even the one I posted in 38 fields, now with matchos defined properly, I start mojave, catalina and BS

The only one that works for me is the 35 patch list that doesn’t have matchos in it and that boots Catalina and Big Sur. 

14 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

The only one that works for me is the 35 patch list that doesn’t have matchos in it and that boots Catalina and Big Sur. 

ok clear, the config-BS you are referring to is still an open construction site, let's see if inserting MatchOS and the various fields then continues to work

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PG7 said:

Lenovo ThinkCentre M93

i5-4460S

HD4600-Nvidia

GTX760 3Go

BigSur beta 10 

Clover r5125 (commit 2d124e41e)

Hide contents

861994169_Capturedecran2020-10-20a13_52_54.thumb.png.8e0c23d4769ff55c7ea615c4051025ba.png

you Can install bigsur full beta 10 with Clover?

Hi,

Clover v5125 destroyed my boot process. Now I have a black screenI just updated clover from the 4359 version to 5125. Normally I use not the regular config.plist, but instead a config.plist in the vendor OEM subdirectory. So after installation, I renamed the default config.plist to plist_ (which all the time worked). But that is not the problem, it seems to me.

If I choose the macos system drive in the clover menu, the screen turns black and nothing happens. Even reset via keyboard does not work anymore. My clover config worked for years, so what did change now?

Please help.

There still are apfs.efi and HFSPlus.efi in drivers64EFI and drivers/UEFI. My 10.13 drive still is HFS+ formatted.

I lately switch from fakesm c to virtualsm c, but that was not a problem with version 4359.

I am booting from the system partition efi, which is formatted as HFS+ using 10.13.4.

Edited by Funky frank

16 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Did you check the sample config for changes?

yes I took the config.sample.plist and put imac 18.3 and it gives me this screen, I don't know which option to choose in the config.plist for clover 5125

it works very well with clover 5123

has anyone successfully started a KABY LAKE desktop system with clover 5125 ??

config.plist

IMG_0899 - copie.jpg

Edited by gerard71
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Funky frank said:

Clover v5125 destroyed my boot process.

Did you create and fill with proper values the Quirks section in config.plist ?

@everyone to avoid having main BS  partition in Clover menu, use this (or compile last commit) : CloverX64-RELEASE_GCC53-2020-10-20-22-44-34-d17d02b-dirty-jief.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, naiclub said:

you Can install bigsur full beta 10 with Clover?

here the beta 10 installer on 3 of my pc doesn't work

EliteBook gen 5 = gray screen and mouse pointer is just that

Envy Recline 23 gen 4 = ditto

Lenovo ThinkCentre M93 Desktop gen 4 gtx 760 = erreur Dis5 Bloqued

I haven't tested it with Opencore to see if the Beta10 installer is working but I'll test it!

google translate !

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

since I upgraded BS to beta 10 (using OC 063) on my Z370 hack I can't even start it anymore; while with the previous beta 9 Clover could start it without any problems
i'll leave debugging for developers

Clover revision: 5125 (master, commit 982a43f3e)

new debug.log

Edited by iCanaro
  • Haha 1

What is the best way of building the latest clover commit? I’m trying buildme XCODE8 and I’m getting an error saying that “File/Directory not found in workspace /Volume/MacHDD/User/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Platform/OpenCore/OpenCoreLib.inf”

Edited by jlrycm

50 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

What is the best way of building the latest clover commit? I’m trying buildme XCODE8 and I’m getting an error saying that “File/Directory not found in workspace /Volume/MacHDD/User/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Platform/OpenCore/OpenCoreLib.inf”

Git clone —recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git

Then

./buildme 

1 hour ago, gerard71 said:

yes I took the config.sample.plist and put imac 18.3 and it gives me this screen, I don't know which option to choose in the config.plist for clover 5125

it works very well with clover 5123

has anyone successfully started a KABY LAKE desktop system with clover 5125 ??

config.plist

IMG_0899 - copie.jpg

You can’t just use the sample config. You need to use it to edit your config.plist

Use it as an example to edit yours and make the needed changes.

Of course the sample won’t work because it’s not setup for your system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Git clone —recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git

Then

./buildme 

You can’t just use the sample config. You need to use it to edit your config.plist

Use it as an example to edit yours and make the needed changes.

Of course the sample won’t work because it’s not setup for your system. 

yes I modify it by taking the quirks configuration for kaby lake from opencore and I put the smbios which corresponds to an imac with i7-7700 processor so imac 18.3

but i cant find what was changed between clover 5123 and 5125 and what new parameters used

57 minutes ago, gerard71 said:

yes I modify it by taking the quirks configuration for kaby lake from opencore and I put the smbios which corresponds to an imac with i7-7700 processor so imac 18.3

but i cant find what was changed between clover 5123 and 5125 and what new parameters used

Upload your 5123 config and your 5125 config (remove serials etc) for checking. 

After building latest clover commitment, updated clover efi folder and tried to boot BS beta 10 from Preboot. It booted well with wifi card fully functional (loaded HS80211Family kext from clover efi folder since device properties and DSDT configuration I had in OpenCore did not sit well in BS Beta 10 when booting through clover).

Edited by jlrycm
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Did you create and fill with proper values the Quirks section in config.plist ?

@everyone to avoid having main BS  partition in Clover menu, use this (or compile last commit) : CloverX64-RELEASE_GCC53-2020-10-20-22-44-34-d17d02b-dirty-jief.zip

@Jief_Machak I've a problem with your zip file: can't boot at all. All works fine if I compile myself the last commit d17d02b. Only BigSur - Data via Preboot, in Clover menu (BigSur is the name of my  hard disk, of course). I think the labels should be changed in the future and replaced with simpler ones.

37 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I've a problem with your zip file: can't boot at all. All works fine if I compile myself the last commit d17d02b

Huh ? No idea... I've sent a lot of efi zipped lately. They all worked as expected... Let's see the next time.

7 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

Before recurse-submodules, it's 2 dash ("-"), not a long dash.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Huh ? No idea... I've sent a lot of efi zipped lately. They all worked as expected... Let's see the next time.

41 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Jief_Machak I've a problem with your zip file: can't boot at all. All works fine if I compile myself the last commit d17d02b. Only BigSur - Data via Preboot, in Clover menu (BigSur is the name of my  hard disk, of course). I think the labels should be changed in the future and replaced with simpler ones.

Do not worry. I think it's a decompression problem: the efi file is contained in several folders, which was not the case the other times.

fixed my problems with BS beta 10 and Clover 5125

193410688_Schermata2020-10-21alle11_27_1

Check that in the Config --> GUI --> hide 

the preboot entry must not be present

this last clover only does the preboot boot partition in the gui and hides the main

If you have OC and with it starts but with Clover goes to KP or freezes, carefully check to have the quirks set in the same way

only one can make the difference between starting or falling short 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iCanaro said:

200% right. Everyone, remove this.

Reminder : since few version, redundant Preboot (only happens for version previous BS) partition are automatically hidden.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

fixed my problems with BS beta 10 and Clover 5125

this last clover only does the preboot boot partition in the gui and hides the main

If you have OC and with it starts but with Clover goes to KP or freezes, carefully check to have the quirks set in the same way

only one can make the difference between starting or falling short 

Any ideas on how to set a custom entry for the Preboot volume? It looks ugly on the boot screen.

Edited by SavageAUS