Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,954 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, maclinuxG4 said:

with r5120 SIP disable

CM = Z170_UD5-TH

see with slice plz

listIOr5121.txt

HDEF Property looks good except "alc-layout-id" doesn't exist. I guess ALC kext didn't start.

You can check that with "kextstat | grep ALC"

Could you try with this efi ? Check that the version is "5121-jief". Save preboot.log and check that there is no line starting with "ERROR CONFIG PLIST".

If no sound, check with "kextstat | grep ALC" that ALC is indeed not loaded. Try to load it manually with kextutil, to see what it's saying.

Thanks.

CloverX64.efi

12 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

What is the problem? Did you try to make a custom entry that point to the haiku boot.efi ?

Yes, but it found no Haiku partition. Using Bfs.efi driver built from https://github.com/pbatard/efifs (compiled onto clover's edk2) produces segmentation fault.

Edited by Badruzeus

43 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

HDEF Property looks good except "alc-layout-id" doesn't exist. I guess ALC kext didn't start.

You can check that with "kextstat | grep ALC"

Could you try with this efi ? Check that the version is "5121-jief". Save preboot.log and check that there is no line starting with "ERROR CONFIG PLIST".

If no sound, check with "kextstat | grep ALC" that ALC is indeed not loaded. Try to load it manually with kextutil, to see what it's saying.

Thanks.

CloverX64.efi

the result is hee

42    0 0xffffff7f849d7000 0x146000   0x146000   as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.5.1) F79A98F0-BA62-3508-B082-53C4C076FAD0 <37 13 8 6 5 3 2 1>

Two points:

-one in r5121, the boot is very slow before swithc, that not normal !!!!! (that is not the case in r5120), could check timing ? because i notice that the boot take too time

-two , check modification for injection of element of my config (patch) because there is something bug elsewhere . ( for sound case)

i didn t change config, neither kext !!!!! so you wil find quickly where here is a trouble for sounds

(check any patch  ACPI, kernel, device  properties, etc....)

slice have  a complet report dawndumper !!!!!!

Edited by maclinuxG4

1 hour ago, maclinuxG4 said:

one in r5121

It's not the same as 5121. It should display 5121-jief. It's a special version that can confirm that your config.plist is exactly read the same as before. This version contains both code, before and after my refactors I did lately. It's a version I didn't commit.

So did you try my specific efi ? Do you see 5121-jief after booting ?

27 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

It's not the same as 5121. It should display 5121-jief. It's a special version that can confirm that your config.plist is exactly read the same as before. This version contains both code, before and after my refactors I did lately. It's a version I didn't commit.

So did you try my specific efi ? Do you see 5121-jief after booting ?

both and same result . no internal sound

Nevermind @Jief_Machak, I got it works with Custom entry pointing to Haiku's BOOTX64.efi but after changed OS "Type" from Other to Linux. I'm not sure why... uhmmb, bcoz BFS on Clover's repo is part of Grub? Or, you just did a wizard thing to make this worked? #IDK but thanks anyway. :lol:

Looks like I've messed up the debug.log badly. Fixing now !

It is the direct use of SerialPortWrite instead of DebugPrint that messed up the log. The thing I don't understand is that DebugPrint call SerialPortWrite...

Ah ok, not it's not SerialPortWrite fault !

11 hours ago, Slice said:

It is not an answer. If you want a help you have to do what asked.

again, i  make test with r5121.pkg: no  internal sound then 5121-jief  : no internal sound

boot is allright without internal all time (no fix yet)

Edited by maclinuxG4

Debug.log fixed.

@maclinuxG4 

Did you checked in preboot.log that there is no line starting with "ERROR CONFIG PLIST"?

I really want to find that bug. Not only because it's one I've introduced. It's impossible for devs to test all configs.
You said that you didn't change your config. Please DO NOT change anything except the cloverx64.efi (or bootx64.efi) depending how you boot.

So, let's reboot : 

- use this clover efi.

- check when booted that the version is 5121.2-SC.

- save preboot.log at clover GUI

- boot

- send me output "ioreg -l -w0"

- check or (send me kextstat) that ALC is launched.

Are you using the same clover folder for both boot, or do you use a USB stick to boot my CloverX64.efi ?

21 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I really want to find that bug. Not only because it's one I've introduced. It's impossible for devs to test all configs.
You said that you did

again with clover configurator i have no ERROR CONFIG PLIST on mine system.

i copy cloverx64.efi ("5121-jief)  into directory  Starting Clover revision: 5121 (master, commit 2607bd4fb) on American Megatrends EFI

i boot for prelog

kextstat 

42    0 0xffffff7f849d7000 0x146000   0x146000   as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.5.1) F79A98F0-BA62-3508-B082-53C4C076FAD0 <37 13 8 6 5 3 2 1>

Edited by maclinuxG4
bug found

The ERROR CONFIG PLIST is messages you'll have in preboot.log, nothing to do in CloverConfigurator. The messages "ERROR CONFIG PLIST" is not about error IN config.plist, but error in interpreting config.plist by Clover (not Clover Configurator). You only get them with my Clover "5121.2-SC" version. I'm sorry, I forgot to attach it in my last message.

Like said in my previous message, check that version is "5121.2-SC", not "5121-jief". Send me the preboot.log.

CloverX64.efi

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

You said that you did

allright, i not sur that  your 5121.2-SC is running. i copy into by EFI, as you say. (strange...)

i made debug for r5121 then r5120, and preboot, so you could compare as i say before.

no modification.

18 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

i not sur that  your 5121.2-SC

It's written in the lower right corner. I need the preboot.log generated by this version. Again, it's a special version that do checks that the normal version do not. It's is also slower because of all this internal checks.

22 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

i made debug for r5121 then r5120, and preboot, so you could compare as i say before.

no modification.

I know that won't be any modification. If I thought I caught the bug, I'll tell you. I'm just trying to get info from your system. That's why telling me I can use the previous files you posted is useless. Because I did see them and I still don't know where the bug is.

24 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

i copy into by EFI, as you say. (strange...)

Copying into your current EFI allows to be sure that it's the exact same config. That's what we want. What's strange ?

v5121. If you use an entries for recovery, the boot is blocked, as well as the hide option does not work, while, without the Entries, it starts.
AppleIntelCPUPM always remains active even with the "false" option.

Clover.jpg

To have everything working, I have to use 5114

14 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Could set debug to true in boot section and send me the debug.log ?

last log

20:125  0:016  ERROR CONFIG PLIST : the field 'CustomUuid' differs in new SETTINGS_DATA
20:144  0:018  ERROR CONFIG PLIST : the field 'RtROM' differs in new SETTINGS_DATA
20:161  0:017  ERROR CONFIG PLIST : the field 'PatchDsdtFind' differs in new SETTINGS_DATA
20:180  0:018  ERROR CONFIG PLIST : the field 'LenToFind' differs in new SETTINGS_DATA
20:203  0:023  ERROR CONFIG PLIST : the field 'PatchDsdtNum' differs in new SETTINGS_DATA
20:222  0:018  ERROR CONFIG PLIST : the field 'LenToReplace' differs in new SETTINGS_DATA
20:240  0:017  ERROR CONFIG PLIST : the fie

Edited by maclinuxG4
bug found