Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,954 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Slice said:

Again AsciiSPrint()  != snprintf()

I know. And I didn't replaced any. They were already replaced quite some time ago.

Please confirm that when I start macIASL (should I use the rehabman version ?), macIASL download the patched DSDT currently used by the computer.

I found that in IOReg, HDEF has as property Model, which is ok with previous clover, but now it's the hex version of that string.

I don't see where this Model is set.

I've compare DSDT and they are the same.

When I click PCI in system report, I have "This computer doesn’t contain any PCI cards or devices. If you installed or connected a PCI card or device, make sure it is properly installed."

Graphics card name is ok in about (HD3000). @Slice what card brand do you have ?

@iCanaro Could you send me the same screenshot you've sent, but when it's working ?
I can see that tipo is also an hex string that convert to "USB controller". But there is a 06 at the end. That is probably not right.

15 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Could you send me the same screenshot you've sent, but when it's working ?

with Clover 5119

Z370

Catalina

but same thing with the Z170 on high sierra

1263442025_Schermata2020-08-17alle10_56_30.thumb.png.afa85959b615d44009c4ab8907bf883c.png

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 2:17 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Ok. I wrote the serialize method for SETTINGS_DATA, which should make the Clover.app config generation working again. The only thing I didn't include is KernelAndKextPatches. I wrote 0 instead. I guessed it's not used in Clover.app. Could someone confirm that ?

That said, if people who maintains the Clover.app could work on a deserialize method (instead of mapping a big structure), it would have 3 advantages :

- member not used can be remove from serialization/deserialization.

- fixed string length can be removed. Strings could be included as a pair length + data and be deserialize as a swift string.

- member in SETTINGS_DATA can be reordered, added or removed without breaking Clover.app each time.

Sorry, I don't know swift at all, can't do it myself. Is there anyone up to help me ?

Hi, and sorry for the late I was out of home. Every things inside KernelAndKextPatches was there but KextsToPatch 

// MARK: KernelAndKextPatches

var KernelAndKextPatches = [String : Any]()

KernelAndKextPatches["#Debug"] =                      s.kpValue(for: "KPDebug", type: .BOOLEAN)

if AppSD.CloverRevision <= 5016 {

/*

removed for 5017 (release 5016 still has it) commit:

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/0b7eed38f14400c8501228a30dcc023e1132cec3

*/

KernelAndKextPatches["KernelCpu"] =                   s.kpValue(for: "KPKernelCpu", type: .BOOLEAN)

}

KernelAndKextPatches["KernelLapic"] =                 s.kpValue(for: "KPKernelLapic", type: .BOOLEAN)

if AppSD.CloverRevision >= 4250 {

KernelAndKextPatches["KernelXCPM"] =                s.kpValue(for: "KPKernelXCPM", type: .BOOLEAN)

} else {

KernelAndKextPatches["KernelIvyXCPM"] =             s.kpValue(for: "KernelIvyXCPM", type: .BOOLEAN)

}

KernelAndKextPatches["KernelPm"] =                    s.kpValue(for: "KPKernelPm", type: .BOOLEAN)

if AppSD.CloverRevision >= 4152 {

KernelAndKextPatches["AppleIntelCPUPM"] =           s.kpValue(for: "KPAppleIntelCPUPM", type: .BOOLEAN)

} else {

KernelAndKextPatches["AsusAICPUPM"] =               s.kpValue(for: "KPAsusAICPUPM", type: .BOOLEAN)

}

KernelAndKextPatches["AppleRTC"] =                    s.kpValue(for: "KPAppleRTC", type: .BOOLEAN)

KernelAndKextPatches["DellSMBIOSPatch"] =             s.kpValue(for: "KPDELLSMBIOS", type: .BOOLEAN)

KernelAndKextPatches["#Number of KextsToPatch"] =     s.kpValue(for: "NrKexts", type: .INTEGER)

KernelAndKextPatches["#Number of Patchs To Kernel"] = s.kpValue(for: "NrKernels", type: .INTEGER)

KernelAndKextPatches["#FakeCPUID"] =                  s.kpValue(for: "FakeCPUID", type: .HexString)

// MARK: KernelAndKextPatches->KextsToPatch

var KextsToPatch = [Any]()

var KextsToPatchDict1 = [String : Any]()

KextsToPatchDict1["Comment"] = "this is a sample"

KextsToPatchDict1["#Name"] = "AppleUSBXHCIPCI"

KextsToPatchDict1["#Find"] = "_NOT_SHOWN_"

KextsToPatchDict1["#Replace"] = "_NOT_SHOWN_"

if AppSD.CloverRevision >= 3327 {

KextsToPatchDict1["#Disabled"] = true

}

if AppSD.CloverRevision >= 3580 {

KextsToPatchDict1["#MatchOS"] = "10.11.6,10.12.x"

}

if AppSD.CloverRevision >= 3920 {

KextsToPatchDict1["#MatchBuild"] = "16D1111"

}

KextsToPatch.append(KextsToPatchDict1)

KernelAndKextPatches["#KextsToPatch"] = KextsToPatch

self.config["KernelAndKextPatches"] = KernelAndKextPatches

..KextsToPatch was only a sample..

Edited by vector sigma

8 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I know. And I didn't replaced any. They were already replaced quite some time ago.

Please confirm that when I start macIASL (should I use the rehabman version ?), macIASL download the patched DSDT currently used by the computer.

Yes, it is current DSDT.

6 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I found that in IOReg, HDEF has as property Model, which is ok with previous clover, but now it's the hex version of that string.

I don't see where this Model is set.

I've compare DSDT and they are the same.

When I click PCI in system report, I have "This computer doesn’t contain any PCI cards or devices. If you installed or connected a PCI card or device, make sure it is properly installed."

Graphics card name is ok in about (HD3000). @Slice what card brand do you have ?

@iCanaro Could you send me the same screenshot you've sent, but when it's working ?
I can see that tipo is also an hex string that convert to "USB controller". But there is a 06 at the end. That is probably not right.

My card is Intel HD4000.

Model set by Device Properties which uses AsciiSPrint  snprintf to generate a string.

Under Legacy, once reaching the GUI I press "U" (Exit) then it brings me to VBox alike Firmware. But when I press "Boot Maintenance Manager" I get Red Screen with Segmentation Fault immediately. I have replaced the "boot6 / boot7" from older revs as well but it produced a similar result.. Hmmmb

• Confused 1

The difference in DeviceProperties

<data>
 		sAQ=
 		</data>
-		<key>AAPL,current-extra</key>
+		<key>AAPL,current-extra­Ü­ÿÿptal8</key>
 		<data>
 		vAI=
 		</data>
-		<key>AAPL,current-in-sleep</key>
+		<key>AAPL,current-in-sleep­ÿÿptal8</key>
 		<data>
 		6AM=
 		</data>
-		<key>built-in</key>
+		<key>built-inptal(</key>

So ending zero is absent.

this Clover 5120 with the latest commits, tested on Z68, Z97, Z170 and Z370 seems very good to me, at least I have not detected bugs; so I planted a flag for him to use as a stable. :thumbsup_anim: 

thanks Clover team 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

What kext should I use to get the battery indicator ? ACPIBatteryManager.kext ? I think sometimes it stops working. Is there any others ?

VoodooBattery from HWsensors3. The link in my signature.

I've committed a refactor of plist handling. I basically hardened the thing. Meaning, if an access to a string is made on a int property -> panic. I've check all access I found and now they are protected by a test like "if ( prop->isString)" do something with "prop->stringValue()". If I forgot some, it means it's possible to panic if you have a bad config.plist.

I've tested on my computer, and it boot normally. I checked smbios (with dmidecode), I checked the about panel, I checked pci page in system report. Oh I forgot to check DSDT. Doing it now. 

DSDT seems ok.

Edited by Jief_Machak

37 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I've committed a refactor of plist handling. I basically hardened the thing. Meaning, if an access to a string is made on a int property -> panic. I've check all access I found and now they are protected by a test like "if ( prop->isString)" do something with "prop->stringValue()". If I forgot some, it means it's possible to panic if your have a bad config.plist.

I've tested on my computer, and it boot normally. I checked smbios (with dmidecode), I checked the about panel, I checked pci page in system report. Oh I forgot to check DSDT. Doing it now. 

5120-46-g8dcf25dc6

Снимок экрана 2020-08-18 в 20.29.29.png

I will see what is wrong.

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

If I forgot some, it means it's possible to panic if you have a bad config.plist.

Very bad. Good program should never crash on bad user input.