Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,039 posts in this topic

Crash is happen somewhere in patching DSDT

20:899  0:001  === [ FixBiosDsdt ] =============================
20:901  0:002  Patching DSDT:
20:903  0:001   - [Rename ECDV to EC__]: pattern 45434456, patched at: [ (857F) ]
20:917  0:014    0 replacements
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 2591585460
0:100  0:000  CPU was calibrated with ACPI PM Timer

Full log

debug.log.zip

I've just committed few correction (length() test before char access). Could you try while I'm looking your log ?

On 8/16/2020 at 7:47 AM, Slice said:

patching DSDT

PatchACPI() is done before USB fixownership, right ? So the patching of ACPI went ok ?

Looks like usb ownership fix is the last thing done in "OnExitBootServices()". Is not normal that the log stop here ?

When you get that log, you got the panic i > length(), or just crash ?

12 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I've just committed few correction (length() test before char access). Could you try while I'm looking your log ?

Same result

debug.log.zip

1 minute ago, Jief_Machak said:

PatchACPI() is done before USB fixownership, right ? So the patching of ACPI went ok ?

Looks like usb ownership fix is the last thing done in "OnExitBootServices()". Is not normal that the log stop here ?

When you get that log, you got the panic i > length(), or just crash ?

No, the stop at the PatchACPI before OnExitBootServices. Before call to boot.efi.

It is not panic or crash. It is CPU halt.

See debug.log consists of two logs. First one is bad and the second with old Clover and it is successful. I shown you a place in the log when first one ended and second one began.

I search for "Legacy USB Off Done" (almost last line of your log), which only appears in "EFI_STATUS FixOwnership(VOID)", which is only called at the end of "OnExitBootServices()". What did I miss ?

4 minutes ago, Slice said:

It is not panic

You don't have the panic message "i > length()" anymore ?

8 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I search for "Legacy USB Off Done" (almost last line of your log), which only appears in "EFI_STATUS FixOwnership(VOID)", which is only called at the end of "OnExitBootServices()". What did I miss ?

You don't have the panic message "i > length()" anymore ?

Yes, last line is here. It is line #1143.

But look at the line #436 where old log finished and new log began.

I localized a problem: if I switched off FixAirport then I booted successfully.

But new observation, I am booted into another computer with another desktop picture. Why?

Yes, make sense as FixAirport is calling the XString version of CmpDev.

Do you have a AirportBridgeDeviceName in your config.plist that is not 4 chars long ? It it's 4 chars long, maybe I created a bug when reading the property.

Well, I realize AirportBridgeDeviceName could be empty. That's the problem. Adding a test and commit in 20 sec.

Edited by Jief_Machak

35 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Ok. Committed. I've checked with a Clover from before I made all this refactoring and I have the exact same dmidecode output.

So I think it's ok.

It works fine (build latest commit): I can boot Catalina perfectly :) SMBIOS Imac19,1 

I think I happened to the graphic card name :lol::lol:

I'll have a look soon.

I'll also check that the DSDT is still patched exactly the same as before (I use commit d42ba2602764206341e8f0b7ea5a2eccb443c1b5 as a reference).

Please confirm that when I start macIASL (should I use the rehabman version ?), macIASL download the patched DSDT currently used by the computer.

If I've understood well, I can save the DSDT, once with the latest Clover, once with Clover@d42ba2602764206341e8f0b7ea5a2eccb443c1b5. and just text compare the result. They should strictly identical, right ?

11 hours ago, Slice said:

Confirm success.

But there is a new bug now.

See, what is happen with the graphics card name???

Снимок экрана 2020-08-16 в 18.49.10.png

5 hours ago, iCanaro said:

the properties section does not load correctly and there are several strange names

1619342819_Schermata2020-08-16alle23_38_48.thumb.png.ac2efb2b893c70208ba34bfc6101cd21.png

Again AsciiSPrint()  != snprintf()