Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,039 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

There are some order problem (F3 from Clover GUI)

Yes, I've introduced that. It's temporarily the "less bad" solution.

52 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I can only boot Catalina HD.

I didn't have a look at Big Sur booting. I understood it's not woking yet. I will soon, but I really want to finish a lot of string cleaning I've started months ago.
When you said only Catalina, do you mean that booting older version (Mojave, High Sierra) stopped working ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2020 at 3:45 AM, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Leonardo Assunção 

I will explain to how to build:

• check if Xcode command lines tools is installed
  • download CloverBootloader directory from repo
  • Under you user account (for example, users/matgen84) create a src folder
  • copy / paste CloverBootloader directory to users/matgen84/src
  • In terminal go to users/matgen84/src/CloverBootloader
  • Launch Buildme script ---> a menu appear ---> select Build Clover
  • one this done, select make pkg (or make app. You have to install it Applications folder)
  • Then the result: you have a pkg to install Clover

Have a nice day :)

Hi, @Matgen84

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse! <3

Well, I'll give it a try. By the way, will this brand new compilation of Clover be able to boot up Big Sur?

Have a great day! :lol::thanks_speechbubble:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes, I've introduced that. It's temporarily the "less bad" solution.

I didn't have a look at Big Sur booting. I understood it's not woking yet. I will soon, but I really want to finish a lot of string cleaning I've started months ago.
When you said only Catalina, do you mean that booting older version (Mojave, High Sierra) stopped working ?

@Jief_Machak When I says "only Catalina", it means I can't boot Big Sur installed or USB Big Sur  Installer. I haven't Mojave or High Sierra installed on my Z390 system. Thanks.

Edited by Matgen84

Ok. I wrote the serialize method for SETTINGS_DATA, which should make the Clover.app config generation working again. The only thing I didn't include is KernelAndKextPatches. I wrote 0 instead. I guessed it's not used in Clover.app. Could someone confirm that ?

That said, if people who maintains the Clover.app could work on a deserialize method (instead of mapping a big structure), it would have 3 advantages :

- member not used can be remove from serialization/deserialization.

- fixed string length can be removed. Strings could be included as a pair length + data and be deserialize as a swift string.

- member in SETTINGS_DATA can be reordered, added or removed without breaking Clover.app each time.

Sorry, I don't know swift at all, can't do it myself. Is there anyone up to help me ?

12 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Ok. I wrote the serialize method for SETTINGS_DATA, which should make the Clover.app config generation working again. The only thing I didn't include is KernelAndKextPatches. I wrote 0 instead. I guessed it's not used in Clover.app. Could someone confirm that ?

That said, if people who maintains the Clover.app could work on a deserialize method (instead of mapping a big structure), it would have 3 advantages :

- member not used can be remove from serialization/deserialization.

- fixed string length can be removed. Strings could be included as a pair length + data and be deserialize as a swift string.

- member in SETTINGS_DATA can be reordered, added or removed without breaking Clover.app each time.

Sorry, I don't know swift at all, can't do it myself. Is there anyone up to help me ?

Hi @Jief_Machak Clover.app was created by @vector sigma who maintains it

tested Clover with the latest commits included, on my Z370 no problem to start high sierra, mojave, catalina, win 10 pro and LTSC and linux mageia.... remains are big fart... Ops.. big sur :angel: 

• Like 1

I tried to compile Clover on my own, so far a failure ... in the end I got a message as in the screenshot

Spoiler

2104191831_Screenshot2020-08-15at17_18_34.png.6882e8c0c5211519bb9b59858d7dcabc.png

So, please upload again Clover with latest commit.

Thankyou.

Edited by yapan4

21 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

I tried to compile Clover on my own, so far a failure ... in the end I got a message as in the screenshot

Thankyou.

@yapan4 If I remember well: you need to create src folder (under user account) and copy cloverbootloader directory  in it, like this: ~/src/cloverbootloader. After Option 1 (Build Clover) et Option 3 make pkg. For updating with this vector sigma's script Option 10, of course :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

Reveal hidden contents

2104191831_Screenshot2020-08-15at17_18_34.png.6882e8c0c5211519bb9b59858d7dcabc.png

Thankyou.

I find it very comfortable and easy to use, bob the builder

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/1003-bobthebuilder/

• Like 1

Clover 5120 tested with the latest commits:

Z68: high sierra, mojave, catalina  :thumbsup_anim:

Z97: sierra, high sierra, mojave, catalina :thumbsup_anim:

Z170: high sierra, catalina :thumbsup_anim:. (I had to change layouts for AppleALC)

Z370: high sierra, mojave, catalina :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Any reason why ? Ideally, my 10 last commits shouldn't change anything.

I have no idea why, even catalina on the Z370 tonight at the first boot did not properly load analog audio, I restarted and with the second boot everything went well. But this behavior is unusual for my build. Nothing serious or unsolvable, maybe the hack you have to digest the new Clover from 1Mb, then done the burp, everything is fine :lol:

all my hacks have audio injected by properties

And now, a commit that restore the icon order. The 2nd pass in ScanLoader() is removed. All menu entries, hidden or not, are created and stored in the entries array of the menu.

ATTENTION : there is a slight change of behavior with F3. Because all menu entries including the hidden are created, F3 just toogle a "display hidden entries" flag and redraw the menu. It does not rescan volume like ESC does anymore. Advantage is that it's instantaneous.

C++ NOTE : the way I've implemented that is to subclass the REFIT_MENU_SCREEN.Entries class. Then, I just to override the size() method to return the number of non-hidden entries, and override operator [] to return the nth non=hidden entry.

In fact, there is also a boolean in that subclass called "includeHidden". You go it. Depending of that boolean, size() return the number of entries (I just have to call the superclass size()), or the number of non-hidden entries. operator [] also call the superclass operator [] if 'includeHidden' is true, or it's own implementation if it's false.
That way, I didn't have to touch at all at the code that display the menu. Nice, isn't it ?

• Like 3