Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,134 posts in this topic

Wokrs here boot CATA and BS SSD successful B) 

Not boot BS Installer USB stuck at Still waiting for root device :lol:

Compilling by me R5120 Great Job @Slice

Attaching bdmesg

Résultat bdmesg.TXT.zip

screenshot0.png

On 7/20/2020 at 3:08 PM, Slice said:

It is correct. Clover is not ready for BigSur.

Boot success BS here :)

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

hi Chris,
I would also like to check yours binary. could you share?

Edited by MICKHAEL

8 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

hi Chris,
I would also like to check yours binary. could you share?

Attaching my EFI for my HP ProDesk 600 G1

Graphics ASUS GeForce GT 710 

EFI.zip

My Quirks setup

1284702766_Capturedcranle2020-07-2009_40_50.thumb.png.f2a0a063632fe6f9c08930604cfee2b8.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

You succeed from SSD, I suppose. Dont' try to boot BS from HDD. :)

All of my USB installer tests or booting from USB don't work like you. Isn't it !

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

All of my USB installer tests or booting from USB don't work like you. Isn't it !

USB BS Installer create Install media not work

I am not test HD 

Woks on BS SSD already installed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

USB BS Installer create Install media not work

I am not test HD 

Woks on BS SSD already installed

I think Matgen84 are about booting from already installed system on SSD, connected over SATA or USB

1 minute ago, MICKHAEL said:

I think Matgen84 are about booting from already installed system on SSD, connected over SATA or USB

I am booting from already installed system on SSD connect to SATA

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Yep, tried to boot from installed BS in internal SATA HD in my Haswell laptop.. I got a kernel panic.. 

• Sad 1

Hi @Slice

All test on Z390 Aorus Master config

Commit 33816ae:

• Can't boot Installer Big Sur and Installed Big Sur on HDD---> stuck at IOUSBHostInterface followed by crossed out circle 

In verbose mode, I saw kexts that do not load correctly, as well as errors with my custom DSDT and SSDT

debug.log

Edited by Matgen84

This new version of Clover 5120 successfully starts all macOS of the Z97 and Z370
instead the bigsur installed on the Z370, does not start; you can clearly see from the verbose that kexts are not loaded, then at some point appear the infamous purple and end lines of the games

the version 5119 mod instead continues to start properly bigsur

https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/thread/49311-macos-11-bigsur-dev-beta-clover-patch/?postID=619527#post619527

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Hi @Slice, time to try with Big Sur. The installer boots but panic on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, I guess xcpm doesn't work.. going to try patching it. 

Looks like kernel patching is working but kext patching no.

• Like 5

Hello, as I saw on Clover R5120, there are some files released. What is the brief explanation between Clover-5120-X64,Clover.app, CloverV2-5120 and Clover_r5120.pkg? Are they different between Clover and CloverV2?Screenshot_20200721-062331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.52dee41826e211558d3286f60d620bd9.jpg

There are packages with the same contents but for different installation methods.

Old method assumed that you download only Clover_r5120.pkg and start it.

Other method is for Windows Bootdisk Utility  You have to download the utility and start it under Windows. The the utility will download *.iso.7z and use it to create a bootable stick.

New method is using Clover.app Clover.app testing . you have to download Clover.app_v1.24.pkg and start the installation.

This application will download CloverV2-5120.zip.

And there is a single file which can be installed manually CLOVERX64.efi.zip if you already have older Clover installed.

• Like 1

Hi @Slice

Can't build latest r5120 commit dddceaa

Building ... /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/CloverEFI/OsxPciBusNoEnumerationDxe/PciBusNoEnumeration.inf [X64]
1 error generated.
1 error generated.
make: Nothing to be done for `tbuild'.
Building ... /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/NvmExpressDxe/NvmExpressDxe.inf [X64]
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OUTPUT/OcAppleBootPolicyLib.obj] Error 1
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/Library/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OUTPUT/OcAppleKeyMapLib.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/Library/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OcAppleKeyMapLib]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Library/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OcAppleKeyMapLib.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Library/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OcAppleKeyMapLib.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

Edited by Matgen84

3 hours ago, Slice said:

There are packages with the same contents but for different installation methods.

Old method assumed that you download only Clover_r5120.pkg and start it.

Other method is for Windows Bootdisk Utility  You have to download the utility and start it under Windows. The the utility will download *.iso.7z and use it to create a bootable stick.

New method is using Clover.app Clover.app testing . you have to download Clover.app_v1.24.pkg and start the installation.

This application will download CloverV2-5120.zip.

And there is a single file which can be installed manually CLOVERX64.efi.zip if you already have older Clover installed.

That's enlighten me.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

Building ... /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/CloverEFI/OsxPciBusNoEnumerationDxe/PciBusNoEnumeration.inf [X64]
1 error generated.
1 error generated.
Building ... /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/NvmExpressDxe/NvmExpressDxe.inf [X64]
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OUTPUT/OcAppleBootPolicyLib.obj] Error 1
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/Library/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OUTPUT/OcAppleKeyMapLib.obj] Error 1

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib]

build.py...
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/Library/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OcAppleKeyMapLib]

build.py...

Show please previous lines as I see no errors.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice

1 error generated.
1 error generated.

build.py...

build.py...

build.py...

Hmmb, but I'm having different build error with GCC. This is from "Clover r5120 (SHA: 69e0e0327)":

Spoiler

Building ... /home/badruzeus/src/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/FrameBufferBltLib/FrameBufferBltLib.inf [X64]
In file included from /home/badruzeus/src/CloverBootloader/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib.c:15:
/home/badruzeus/src/CloverBootloader/Include/AppleMacEfi.h:16:10: fatal error: AppleCpuType.h: No such file or directory
   16 | #include <AppleCpuType.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [GNUmakefile:359: /home/badruzeus/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OUTPUT/OcAppleBootPolicyLib.obj] Error 1

build.py...
    make tbuild [/home/badruzeus/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib]

build.py...
    make tbuild [/home/badruzeus/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/Library/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OcAppleKeyMapLib]

build.py...
    /home/badruzeus/src/CloverBootloader/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib.inf [X64, GCC53, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 21:13:51, Jul.21 2020
Build total time: 00:01:02

badruzeus@AO-HAPPY:~/src/CloverBootloader$ 

• Sad 1

I'm a it confused about OcQuirks plist, etc.

I updated to 5120, configured the Clover config plist with the same OcQuirks as I have been using before with OcQuirks.plist. Then I deleted the OcQuirks.plist and restarted.

I never got past Clover boot screen. I would always get the prohibitory symbol no matter how many time I restarted.

So I deleted the OcQuirks entries from the Clover plist and replaced the original OcQuirk plist into the drivers folder from a back up and I am now able to boot.

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

I'm a it confused about OcQuirks plist, etc.

I updated to 5120, configured the Clover config plist with the same OcQuirks as I have been using before with OcQuirks.plist. Then I deleted the OcQuirks.plist and restarted.

I never got past Clover boot screen. I would always get the prohibitory symbol no matter how many time I restarted.

So I deleted the OcQuirks entries from the Clover plist and replaced the original OcQuirk plist into the drivers folder from a back up and I am now able to boot.

It looks like you didn't replace OcQuirks.efi to the version provided with Clover 5120.

New version size is 43392 bytes. 

• Like 2