Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,058 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

Hmmb OK, assumed something else made it works.. I see diff. size for my precompiled AudioDxe*.efi compared to one provided by SourceForge. Could bcoz Xcode version used, 8.2.1 here.. ah, so both definitely are same (I think).

Previous topic about UEFI Shell; I just realized that vit9696's patched Shell (OpenCoreShell) also has ability to > edit efi\clover\config.plist. Thanks anyway.

Yes,, with AudioDxe + BootchimeDxe from GoldFish Repo + Clover r4862. I can set play Async = Yes/True in config.plist. No Hang / Freeze again. Sound before and after GUI is good. 

Yes,, with AudioDxe + BootchimeDxe from GoldFish Repo + Clover r4862. I can set play Async = Yes/True in config.plist. No Hang / Freeze again. Sound before and after GUI is good. 

BootchimeDxe not needed anymore. Clover has built in config.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I don't see any explanation about Sound after GUI CLover in that link,, will test it tonight.

That’s how I want it too, no chime until I press boot on macOS drive. Can this be done?

I think we have misunderstood here.

So my system can
1. Play audio theme before and while in GUI CLOVER
2. Aftee press enter in macos drive

I think we should use BootChimeDxe.efi to get sound after press enter in macos drive

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Another fun thing is; even we enter EFI Shell, sound is still playing. Changing to another theme (assummed with diff. sound) will also change the sound. It will be stopped once F7 pressed, cool. My CPU is bit hot though.

If only when pressing Enter to select another theme, it'll applied directly then go to MainScreen w/ Esc several times (?)

44 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I think we have misunderstood here.

So my system can
1. Play audio theme before and while in GUI CLOVER
2. Aftee press enter in macos drive

I think we should use BootChimeDxe.efi to get sound after press enter in macos drive

So BootChimeDxe.efi is needed to play sound after gui? In tools folder or Drivers64UEFI?

PlayAsync = yes or no for sound after gui?

Edited by SavageAUS

1 minute ago, SavageAUS said:

So BootChimeDxe.efi is needed to play sound after gui? 

Yes,,, With AudioDxe.efi only then we will get sound before and while in CLOVER GUI,, with AudioDxe.efi + Bootchimedxe.efi then we can play audio before and while in GUI CLOVER + After press enter di macOS drive. 

BootChimeDxe.efi still need AudioDxe.efi. AudioDxe.efi is playing audio from Sound.wav and sound_night.wav in theme folder.

Please correct me if i was wrong

34 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

So BootChimeDxe.efi is needed to play sound after gui? In tools folder or Drivers64UEFI?

PlayAsync = yes or no for sound after gui?

See this,, 
1. Audio before and while in GUI CLOVER is Kamen Rider Black Rx Opening (i converted it to sound.wav and sound_night.wav)
2. iPhone Ringtone Call is audio after press Enter di macOS Mojave Partition

:)

Sound after GUI doesn't need PlayAsync properties. It's for Sound Theme while in GUI CLOVER.

Sorry for bad english

See this,, 
1. Audio before and while in GUI CLOVER is Kamen Rider Black Rx Opening (i converted it to sound.wav and sound_night.wav)
2. iPhone Ringtone Call is audio after press Enter di macOS Mojave Partition

Sound after GUI doesn't need PlayAsync properties. It's for Sound Theme while in GUI CLOVER.

Sorry for bad english

What options have you set in clover for it to work like that? I only have one sound that is either before GUI or before and during GUI but not when I press enter on Mac drive.
Also how do you set 2 different sounds?

I just tried AudioDxe + BootchimeDxe from GoldFish Repo + Clover r4863. I confirm that now you can set Async = Yes/NO in config.plist. No more freezes. The sound is excellent, both before and after the start of the GUI. Great respect to the developers! :thumbsup_anim:

58 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

Clover v2.4k_r4864 still don't support Xeon W-21xx.

:(

Its not Clover that needs to support that CPU, its MacOS that needs too support it. I am pretty sure that if you use a iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS you will get closest to that support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

What options have you set in clover for it to work like that? I only have one sound that is either before GUI or before and during GUI but not when I press enter on Mac drive.
Also how do you set 2 different sounds?

2 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

Well, really, how DID you do that?  Because all I want to do is be able to delay the "chime" and I don't see any way to do that....

i just use GoldFish64's AudioDxe.efi+BoochimeDxe.efi in Drivers64UEFI

1. set PlayAsync=True in config.plist
2. Put custom "sound.wav and sound_night.wav" ini Theme Folder
3. Custom "bootchime.wav" in root of EFI partition to overide Bootchimedxe.efi's default sound.
4. Use Clover r4862

just it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meaganmargaret said:

That's all fine, well and good, but you missed what i really wanted.   I don't want two chimes or three, I want one chime and I want it to chime when I want it to chime.  To me, that would be a delay parameter of some sort, but, there might be other options?

I don't understand exactly about "delay" or something that you want to do.

if you want to one chime when pressing enter in macOS Partition then just use 
1. AudioDxe.efi
2. BootchimeDxe.efi
3. Don't put any sound wav file in theme folder

Then you will get audio when pressing enter in macOS partition only.

Sorry for bad english

Well, that's closer, if it works.  But I have my Clover bootloader to automatically load macOS after 5 seconds.  I don't have to press enter to load the OS, and I'm not sure I want to (until Clover gets a reliable trustworthy screensaver). 

Am I right in assuming that your way of producing the "chime" sound requires an Enter press?
Sound it's produced when clover boots os x, with or without enter

1 minute ago, meaganmargaret said:

Well, that's closer, if it works.  But I have my Clover bootloader to automatically load macOS after 5 seconds.  I don't have to press enter to load the OS, and I'm not sure I want to (until Clover gets a reliable trustworthy screensaver). 

Am I right in assuming that your way of producing the "chime" sound requires an Enter press?

No,, you didn't need to press enter. Audio CHime will be played after 5 second (in your setting)

10 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

No,, you didn't need to press enter. Audio CHime will be played after 5 second (in your setting)

What to do for machines that do not have audio until after macOS loads? My Asus z9pe-d8 ws, requires adding HDEF SSDT to even implement sound in macOS. 

What to do for machines that do not have audio until after macOS loads? My Asus z9pe-d8 ws, requires adding HDEF SSDT to even implement sound in macOS. 

It's not related to applehda or macOs kexts. It uses clover files "clover + audiodxe.efi with or without bootchimedxe.efi"

I use Z170X Gaming 7 with Creative CA0132 Sound Chipset. Ofcourse i need Hdas to hdef / ssdt hdef in my configuration.

But audio in GUI CLOVER and audio in Macos are different thing default_smile.png

4 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

It's not related to applehda or macOs kexts. It uses clover files "clover + audiodxe.efi with or without bootchimedxe.efi"

I use Z170X Gaming 7 with Creative CA0132 Sound Chipset. Ofcourse i need Hdas to hdef / ssdt hdef in my configuration.

But audio in GUI CLOVER and audio in Macos are different thing default_smile.png

Ok so can someone upload the bootchimedxe.efi.

Does NOT work.  In fact, as per usual with BootChimeCfg.efi, it locks up my machine!

Here's what I did:

1.  Put bootchime.wav in the root of my EFI folder
2.  Put BootChimeCfg.efi in with AudioDxe.efi in the drivers64 folder
3.  Removed sound.wav from the Themes folder that I was using
4.  Added parameter PlayAsync to the GUI section of clover and set it to Boolean and true

Not only did my machine lock up, it spit out an error message of "No Audio inputs were found", went the boot menu timer and stopped dead.  Not so good, Andres ZeroCross
Wrong step

I must be missing something. I have BootChimeDXE.efi, AudioDXE.efi in EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder and BootChimeCfg.efi in EFI/Clover/tools folder. In Clover options menu I can hear sound when I hit F7, but I do not get a boot chime when I select macOS partition to boot when hitting Enter.