Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,025 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Alpha22 said:

I confirm that VirtualSMC.kext works with macOS Sequoia Beta 5 

Same here. With beta 5 work again.

• Like 4

And I can confirm what Alpha22, MaLd0n and so many others confirm too that : VirtualSMC works on Sequoia Beta5 and even with Clover r5160 (5333dff)

image.png.838b509e9d8b01326b64f012dda17ea3.png

image.png.1a73260d61c2a04b693135da273d261d.png

Capturedecran2024-08-10a19_35_37.png.5a679dac5b2223e1fe01154ae34c604a.png

Regards

Edited by matxpa
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2024 at 2:40 AM, Slice said:

To remind

Hello, Clover doesn't show the model name of the cpu. What should I fix? As for OC, it shows the model name beautifully. Thank you very

12 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi @Fatia is there some way to fix this with Clover ? Thanks! 

Clover, I think developers should find a way to do this. Otherwise, it will make everyone bored.:thumbsup_anim:

@naiclub Slice has provided the solution and I showed you how to implement it. The RestrictEvents instructions I gave you should work with CLOVER if you move the NVRAM properties to boot-args. Read my instructions again in the OpenCore discussion thread and be patient with yourself. See if you can figure this out yourself with the help that has already been provided to you. Be persistent and don't give up easily. You can do it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@naiclub Slice has provided the solution and I showed you how to implement it. The RestrictEvents instructions I gave you should work with CLOVER if you move the NVRAM properties to boot-args. Read my instructions again in the OpenCore discussion thread and be patient with yourself. See if you can figure this out yourself with the help that has already been provided to you. Be persistent and don't give up easily. You can do it.

Thank you very much, Grandma. I have tried many ways but it did not work as I expected. I do not know how to proceed. If I continue to be stubborn, I may not be able to boot again (I tried to put the values in OC into Clover, it did not work).

@naiclub I know you can do this. Always test your EFI changes with  a bootable USB thumbdrive so you don't risk being unable to boot. Don't give up too easily. The harder you try and the more times you fail before succeeding, the more you'll learn.

If you let others do it for you, it will be boring.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Hi @Fatia is there some way to fix this with Clover ? Thanks! 

<key>Boot</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Arguments</key>
            <string>revpatch=auto</string>

No?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alpha22 said:

@naiclub post your config.plist deleting the serials from the smbios

I added PlatforInfo=ProcessorType=3841 by copying from OC, but it still doesn't work. The cause might be that the Clover developer didn't put this value in, or maybe I'm just guessing. I put this value in OC, it will show the name as we set. If I put 0, it will show an unknown name. But with Clover, putting this value has no meaning. It doesn't respond.

Spoiler

2567-08-1623_16_31.thumb.png.8d1311688549d55b01e47d87ef851b03.png2567-08-1623_12_13.thumb.png.97a8ff41247f1cc0fbe4c25c6ae88bd0.png

config.plist.zip

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Slice said:
        <key>Boot</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Arguments</key>

No?

Spoiler

2567-08-1623_46_38.thumb.png.c21c06d1611d20be34108b8c166e8173.png

I tried to enter the values as you suggested, but it didn't respond.

@naiclub try using Hackintool to convert Decimal 3841 to Hex F01 and insert in Clover  CPU Type menu (im using Clover Configurator)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d54b571b1d142b54bf5742697a276ee3.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.518850235c108eadfb8d1297ffbf2bd8.png

Hi @Slice thx i will try with this fix! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ac8a08d657ba56f9ab23a3bc79c0c4b5.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeveedee said:

As has been discussed before, revpatch=auto (which includes revpatch=cpuname) is part of the solution.  Read this and this.

Hi @deeveedee 

I hope you are well. When I use Clover, and disable the e-cores of my i9-13900k processor in the Bios, it recognizes it without the need for any boot-arg. When I try to use it in Clover and enter the parameters as in the screenshots above, it only works if I boot it once, with Opencore, in this case with e-cores activated, that is, the efficiency cores. I don't mind much, but if we can learn. With Opencore, I enter all the parameters you mentioned (because you only use them in Opecore, right?) and it recognizes it. 

Interestingly, if I boot with Opencore, it registers in Nvram and even if I return with Clover, what was injected remains in Nvram, until we do a ResetNvram the name remains. But because some people have problems with this, we ask if there is a solution. For my part, just boot with Opencore and keep the e-cores treds activated in Bios. Hugs!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Slice said:
        <key>Boot</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Arguments</key>

No?

Thank you @Slice but unfortunately it doesn't work unless I disable e-cores in Bios, which partly loses processor performance. When possible, I would like to know if there is a way to inject into Clover the same Nvram parameters that Opencore injects at this point. 

Another topic: on Life.RU I posted a command that we found right there on the forum, but I lost the exact location, with so many patches that have been posted there. I didn't save it, but it looks like they deleted the posts. Just to say that when I find it I will point out the credits, obviously when it comes to VoodooHDA the majority of it is always your credit, that goes without saying, I think, is Created by "Rodion Shingarev on 27.03.21." 

• Like 1

@Max.1974 If you are saying that you tried to rename CPU with CLOVER and it didn't work, please post your CLOVER config.plist that has your attempts at entering revpatch/revcpuname/revcpu.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 2

Note that there are no spaces in @MaLd0n 's cpuname.  I found that when revcpuname was entered as a boot-arg, I can't have any spaces in the CPU name.

EDIT: See here for how to have spaces in the CPU name with Open Core.  Also, I don't use configurators (just my personal preference).

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1