Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,902 posts in this topic

When change Legacy to Entries and change disable from true to false, and hidden from false to true It show all partition.

I think my problem can be easy solve if Clover do not recognize same partition name. The Hide key work fine. Now I have no idea to fix it

When change Legacy to Entries and change disable from true to false, and hidden from false to true It show all partition.

I think my problem can be easy solve if Clover do not recognize same partition name. The Hide key work fine. Now I have no idea to fix it

sorry!!! try to change again only from Entries to Legacy key !!! leaves hidden true and disable false

or in HIDE section add 

<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>HD(4,MBR,0x4FD56656,0x1F40247A,0x2B454A47)/HD(1,MBR,0x00000000,0x1F40247C,0x12BFF03D)</string>
			<string>HD(4,MBR,0x4FD56656,0x1F40247A,0x2B454A47)/HD(2,MBR,0x00000000,0x320014F8,0x12BFEFFE)</string>
			<string>HD(4,MBR,0x4FD56656,0x1F40247A,0x2B454A47)/HD(3,MBR,0x00000000,0x44C00535,0x5C5698C)</string>
		</array>

Hey ruki, FINALLY it work. 

The last method work with me, I just edit a bit according clover wiki : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI

I have remove the custom key then just use only hide key

<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>HD(1,MBR,0x00000000,0x1F40247C,0x12BFF03D)</string>
			<string>HD(2,MBR,0x00000000,0x320014F8,0x12BFEFFE)</string>
			<string>HD(3,MBR,0x00000000,0x44C00535,0x5C5698C)</string>
		</array>

Thank you so much for your time. My hero :)

• Like 1

Hey ruki, FINALLY it work. 

The last method work with me, I just edit a bit according clover wiki : http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/GUI

I have remove the custom key then just use only hide key

<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>HD(1,MBR,0x00000000,0x1F40247C,0x12BFF03D)</string>
			<string>HD(2,MBR,0x00000000,0x320014F8,0x12BFEFFE)</string>
			<string>HD(3,MBR,0x00000000,0x44C00535,0x5C5698C)</string>
		</array>

Thank you so much for your time. My hero :)

ooooooooooooooooh finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! de nada wrk73  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

u need to install metal theme if u want normal gui.

for graphics u need to edit config.plist and set inject nvidia=true

if u have kext in s/l/e then no additional work for u

I installed the metal theme and I still have that text type gui.

Also it seems to have messed up sleep in windows which is on another drive and I boot off it directly from the bios . Whqt happens is when it wakes up from sleep it cant load my graphics card and i get no picture.

Hi guys, clover is great, thanks for your work! btw i'm using it to boot two partitions an uefi grub (to boot androidx86) and Osx Maverick,

now on the boot screen i have three entries:

UEFI internal from EFI

UEFI internal from ANDROID

Boot Mac OS X from SSD

is there a way to hide only UEFI internal from EFI and keeping the android one?

thanks

Hi guys, clover is great, thanks for your work! btw i'm using it to boot two partitions an uefi grub (to boot androidx86) and Osx Maverick,

UEFI internal from EFI

Boot Mac OS X from SSD

thanks

please attach your bootlog!

UEFI internal from EFI

Boot Mac OS X from SSD

thanks

GUI/Hide will be able to do what you want. If it doesn't then have a look at GUI/Custom/Entries.

I installed the metal theme and I still have that text type gui.

Also it seems to have messed up sleep in windows which is on another drive and I boot off it directly from the bios . Whqt happens is when it wakes up from sleep it cant load my graphics card and i get no picture.

check your nvram variable for theme set using terminal

"nvram -p" to print nvram

and if there are clover theme maybe its not metal one.

then u can just delete nvram by using "sudo nvram -c"

So clover is all over the place atm and I'm tempted to test it out, how would i go about replacing chameleon with it?

Does it make that much of a difference to the systems boot and use?

Yes and no.

Both of them provide a great way to boot OS X.

Clover is a great boot loader. It is highly powerful. If you are the kind of person that likes to micromanage every single bit of your boot process, Clover is the best option out there. A great example of this is DSDT mask fix. This is something that Chameleon doesn't have. It allows for Clover to make on-the-fly DSDT fixes (such as injecting HDA, injecting HDMI audio) that normally would be done by oneself as a custom DSDT. Sure, Chameleon has some DSDT fixes, but Clover has A LOT more.

Although it may look a bit daunting (considering the different key names between Clover and Chameleon), it is pretty easy to catch on. Clover's verbiage is built for uniformity. 

Clover and Chameleon, as I said, are good boot loaders. I just prefer Clover because of its power.

Installation of Clover can be found on the first page in this thread.

Clover update error. Please help. Some advice

"Nov 11 21:12:39 vladimirs-imac installd[405]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Nov 11 21:12:41 vladimirs-imac installd[405]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2k_r2299.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7f914a501b30 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/Vlatko/Downloads/CloverGrower-master/builtPKG/2299/Clover_v2k_r2299.pkg#EFIFolder.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=org.clover.efifolder, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2k_r2299.pkg”.} {
        NSFilePath = "./preinstall";
        NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cClover_v2k_r2299.pkg\U201d.";
        NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/Vlatko/Downloads/CloverGrower-master/builtPKG/2299/Clover_v2k_r2299.pkg#EFIFolder.pkg";
        PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "org.clover.efifolder";
    }
Nov 11 21:12:41 vladimirs-imac Installer[38691]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Nov 11 21:12:41 vladimirs-imac Installer[38691]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Nov 11 21:12:41 vladimirs-imac Installer[38691]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'."

Clover update error. Please help. Some advice

"Nov 11 21:12:39 vladimirs-imac installd[405]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----

Nov 11 21:12:41 vladimirs-imac installd[405]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2k_r2299.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7f914a501b30 {NSFilePath=./preinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/Vlatko/Downloads/CloverGrower-master/builtPKG/2299/Clover_v2k_r2299.pkg#EFIFolder.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=org.clover.efifolder, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2k_r2299.pkg”.} {

NSFilePath = "./preinstall";

NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cClover_v2k_r2299.pkg\U201d.";

NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/Vlatko/Downloads/CloverGrower-master/builtPKG/2299/Clover_v2k_r2299.pkg#EFIFolder.pkg";

PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "org.clover.efifolder";

}

Nov 11 21:12:41 vladimirs-imac Installer[38691]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Nov 11 21:12:41 vladimirs-imac Installer[38691]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.

Nov 11 21:12:41 vladimirs-imac Installer[38691]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'."

Do you have Clover on an EFI drive?

If so, is that EFI drive mounted? If so, unmount drive and try again. The installer can't have the EFI drive mounted before it installs. Yes its a bug.

• Like 1

Do you have Clover on an EFI drive?

If so, is that EFI drive mounted? If so, unmount drive and try again. The installer can't have the EFI drive mounted before it installs. Yes its a bug.

Yes i have EFI drive mounted, when unmounted update ok. Thanks :)

Clover installs just fine here with the EFI partition mounted, I can even install it to another EFI partition thats not currently mounted (USB for example).

Talking about installing it on the EFI partition itself (that 200MB partition)

The EFI partition can be used instead of installing it to /

Hi all, I want to know how to use Clover instead of Chameleon bootloader and if it possible use Clover on my laptop with legacy bios (not uefi).

Where install DSDT, SSDT and the others configurations?

Thanks in advance, regards.

Yes, it works with legacy bios. It installs itself under /EFI for MBR based installs.

Hi all, I want to know how to use Clover instead of Chameleon bootloader and if it possible use Clover on my laptop with legacy bios (not uefi).

Where install DSDT, SSDT and the others configurations?

Thanks in advance, regards.

Read here

Clover WIKI

Ever since I updated Clover the last time I can't get my graphics card injection into the config.plist (AMD/ATI) Anyone care to share how its done? I don't want to have to activate it manually each boot ^^

Sorry, I can't catch your question.

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<true/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>