Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,902 posts in this topic

i have been running 10.8.5 on my GA-H55M-S2V, Core i3 (first generation), booting with clover 980 (yes, it's old, but it has worked fine for me).

i cloned my HD then tried running the Mavericks installer (downloaded from the app store).  the install app started normally, then it rebooted, and i the installer opened as expected.  i chose my target drive, then waited for the install to complete.

upon reboot, where the clover GUI formerly displayed the Mountain Lion icon for my HD, now i have a Clover icon with my HD's name under it.   when i select that icon, i get the message "this version of OS X is unsupported  on this platform".

i tried reinstalling clover (booting from my 10.8.5 disk) to no avail.

any ideas?

thanks

edit:  i have just installed mavericks on an MSI H61M-P31 with an ivy bridge cpu.

at the clover screen, instead of a mavericks logo for the HD it says "Unknown Device" and when i select it i get the same message:  this version is unsupported on this platform.

this install is using clover 1208.

clearly i need to make some kind of change somewhere in clover to get it to boot.

BTW, it will boot and run (i am typing this from the mavericks install) using chameleon.

thanks

faithie999, You need to use a supported mac model in smbios section or remove SupportedPlatform.plist from /System/Library/CoreServices/

I don't know about the icon problem. Maybe try a newer version; pre 2k build if you are familiar with old style 

faithie999, You need to use a supported mac model in smbios section or remove SupportedPlatform.plist from /System/Library/CoreServices/

I don't know about the icon problem. Maybe try a newer version; pre 2k build if you are familiar with old style 

thanks for the tip.  i removed what is called in Mavericks PlatformSupport and i was able to boot.

as for the icon at the clover GUI:  i assume that's how clover handles the lack of an icon for a given OS, hence it substitutes an icon saying "Device Unknown".  clicking the icon properly boots the system.

Now i have discovered another problem.  my custom DSDT won't load.  i have also tried adding a few characters to my dsdt name, maintaining the .aml extension, then adding (in the ACPI section) to the plist  DsdtName and my newly renamed dsdt.

that was also unsuccessful.  i confirmed the lack of custom dsdt by extracting dsdt using DSDTSE.  i get the "virgin" dsdt for the mobo.

any ideas?

thanks

thanks for the tip.  i removed what is called in Mavericks PlatformSupport and i was able to boot.

as for the icon at the clover GUI:  i assume that's how clover handles the lack of an icon for a given OS, hence it substitutes an icon saying "Device Unknown".  clicking the icon properly boots the system.

Now i have discovered another problem.  my custom DSDT won't load.  i have also tried adding a few characters to my dsdt name, maintaining the .aml extension, then adding (in the ACPI section) to the plist  DsdtName and my newly renamed dsdt.

that was also unsuccessful.  i confirmed the lack of custom dsdt by extracting dsdt using DSDTSE.  i get the "virgin" dsdt for the mobo.

any ideas?

thanks

Any ideas sir? Yes, I have ideas...  :angel_not:

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>

<key>Name</key>
			<string>DSDT.aml</string>

</dict>

</dict>

• Like 1

Hey guys, i just switched to Clover from chameleon, i managed to get it ok and work my way through the settings see what does what.

My question is do i need to have the "InjectSystemID" true if i want to inject my own UUID ? i saw examples of people having "InjectSystemID true" and false when injecting CustomUUID.

I tried out Clover and found it to be a good bootloader :) I managed to get my system running from a USB stick with clover on it, even with a patched DSDT. But i have a problem which really is a showstopper: when i boot with clover, sleep/wake isn't working anymore (it does with chameleon). If i put the system to sleep, it is like the computer is shut down. I can't wake the system via keyboard, if i push the power button, the computer does a complete powercycle, like it has been turned off instead of sleep.

My Board has a plain BIOS, no UEFI Bios.

Any ideas?

Hey guys, i just switched to Clover from chameleon, i managed to get it ok and work my way through the settings see what does what.

My question is do i need to have the "InjectSystemID" true if i want to inject my own UUID ? i saw examples of people having "InjectSystemID true" and false when injecting CustomUUID.

You are correct, one sees this quite often with examples of peoples' configs.

It is my understanding that if you wish to inject a custom UUID , then InjectSystemID should be set to false period.

How about BIOS.aml instead of DSDT.aml?

Is that all right?

<key>ACPI</key>	<dict>		<key>DSDT</key>		<dict>			<key>Name</key>			<string>DSDT.aml</string>		</dict>	</dict>

If InjectSystemID will be false then your CustomUUID will be exactly same as you set.

If true then transformed same way as in Chameleon, in the case you want to have same UUID.

How about BIOS.aml instead of DSDT.aml?

Is that all right?

You may use BIOS.aml.

You may use custom DSDT.aml. At you will.

Is there any way to generate a unique UUID ? or enter random hex 0-F characters ?

Just random. To be unique set your MAC-address in the last digits.

If InjectSystemID will be false then your CustomUUID will be exactly same as you set.

If true then transformed same way as in Chameleon, in the case you want to have same UUID.

You may use BIOS.aml.

You may use custom DSDT.aml. At you will.

Just random. To be unique set your MAC-address in the last digits.

Thanks a lot and great work with clover, i'm using a bios system as you see in my signature, but i really like clover. it takes more time to load the boot drive screen then chameleon, but that's ok

This bootloader has me pulling my hair out...i'll do my best to explain the problem.

Formatted usb stick: MBR + Fat32

installed r2236 clover, all default options to thumb drive.

Reboot: No boot device found ...

Next

Formatted usb stuck: GUID + Journalized 

Installed r2236 clover with default options and checked "install for uefi motherboards"

Reboot: partition detected but missing boot data.

Any help appreciated

Mavericks

Clover 2245

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

I can't get iMessages to work. Any ideas? 

Ethernet is showing as built-in on en0 

I've added a CC to my iTunes account

I've reset my password

I have tried multi valid SMBIOS (Mac Pro 3,1) serial numbers

I keep getting this error

n23SvSP.png

Any ideas?

Got it to work! 

I did this: 

• I deleted the following from /Library/Prefrences
    • com.apple.iChat
    • com.apple.imdsmsrecordstore
    • com.apple.imessage
    • com.apple.imservice
    • ByHost

And then restarted.

Edited by alfa147x

We started to discuss this.

Being able to use Filevault 2 with Clover would be an incredible step forward for the community.

For me, not being able to use FV, is a big problem as I am required to protect some sensitive data that way ( currently have to use OSX guest VM on OSX to do this).

You guys are amazing.  Many thanks. :thumbsup_anim:

I just upgraded from pre2k to v2236. 

Mavericks boots fine (UEFI boot) but I need help with resolving a few issues:

1) At the Clover boot screen, the default boot volume is selected but the timeout (5 secs) does not seem to work. The system just  pauses indefinitely waiting for input without booting.

2) I did some edits to my config.plist (EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z77X-UD5H\UEFI\config.plist ) but clover does not see the changes (changing theme, not mounting EFI, hiding volumes,.....)

Thanks!

my config.plist & boot log:

Archive.zip

1) At the Clover boot screen, the default boot volume is selected but the timeout (5 secs) does not seem to work. The system just  pauses indefinitely waiting for input without booting.

2) I did some edits to my config.plist (EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z77X-UD5H\UEFI\config.plist ) but clover does not see the changes (changing theme, not mounting EFI, hiding volumes,.....)

Thanks!

This is from your log. Is it correct?

0:110  0:000  EFI\CLOVER\OEM\Z77X-UD5H\UEFI\config.plist loaded: Success
0:112  0:002  Found theme applestyle

Thanks!

This is the GUI section of my Config.plist (We have the same Motherboard), it also includes the two installer volumes I have on USB but just delete those and you should be good.

I have no additional kexts loaded in S/L/E, FakeSMC.kext loads from /EFI/Clover/OEM/Z77X-UD5H/UEFI/Kexts/10.9 so you might also need to change InjectKexts to suite.

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>TextOnly</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>black_green</string>
		<key>ScreenResolution</key>
		<string>1920x1200</string>
		<key>Language</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>5</integer>
			<key>Mirror</key>
			<false/>
			<key>DoubleClick</key>
			<integer>500</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>HD(1,GPT,0593A46C-851A-4E95-BF98-6E8094A9B7C9,0x28,0x64000)</string>
			<string>HD(1,GPT,A646004A-6E02-4508-868E-40A0B30E1B1E,0x28,0x64000)</string>
			<string>HD(1,GPT,9FA328AC-2F23-4FBC-885D-0907D65EB2EE,0x28,0x64000)</string>
		</array>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>2179A7F3-8AF8-4FAE-AFB7-8D1B4F313772</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>AddArguments</key>
					<string>darkwake=0</string>
					<key>Image</key>
					<string>mav</string>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>OS X 10.9 (13A603) Mavericks</string>
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<true/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>8861F05C-DF8D-4A5F-981A-43B4C0484CC9</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSXRecovery</string>
					<key>Image</key>
					<string>mac</string>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>OS X Mavericks Restore</string>
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<true/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>4B7DBE0C-4007-4D2F-8747-5A2B1F7FB500</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSXInstaller</string>
					<key>Image</key>
					<string>mav</string>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>Install OS X Mavericks</string>
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<true/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Volume</key>
					<string>7BFEAECC-A09D-4FA7-918D-EE298AD68B70</string>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>OSX</string>
					<key>Image</key>
					<string>cougar</string>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>Mac OS X Install ESD</string>
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<true/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<true/>
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>
	</dict>

This is the Boot section...

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Arguments</key>
		<string></string>
		<key>Legacy</key>
		<string>PBR</string>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>0</integer>
		<key>DefaultVolume</key>
		<string>Macintosh SSD</string>
		<key>Log</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Fast</key>
		<true/>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>

<key>Name</key>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>

<key>Name</key>

</dict>

</dict>

thanks.  i should have said in my message that i had already tried that.

this is occurring on a hack, booting with one of the "older" versions of clover, that i tried to run the mavericks installer in order to upgrade.  the first part of the install works, but after the first reboot, the boot stalls at the switch to the desktop (i don't get the gray screen, just stuck at the end of the verbose boot).

then i tried a fresh install using a clover usb stick, with the same results.

so i used a chameleon usb stick, installed mavericks, ran with the help of the chameleon usb to boot.

then i installed clover, and rebooted successfully, except the dsdt wont load.  i have tried this twice.

i have reverted to chameleon until i figure this out, but this is a UEFI machine so i'd like to get back to clover.

i have googled, unsuccessfully, to find a guide for configuring the "new" versions of clover.  the old guides (there are several) that i have found haven't been updated.

i believe that if i can install "new" clover and get it booting that the dsdt problem may go away.

thanks

hi slice i have a question about clover....i have installed clover in my sony vaio and then enabled my ati radeon hd 7650m via config.plist but some times when i boot up my laptop just before login screen the screen goes black.

Any ideas?