Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,136 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@eng_redaesm

Yes, you have to tell me because I thought the last commit wasn't working and the previous WAS working. So maybe the mistake is NOT in the last commit but a bit earlier.

Let's find out.

This : https://github.com/jief666/CloverCommits/blob/master/C-20210328085715-dc17de7.efi, should work. It's the same you confirmed working after you helped me find the problem with KernelPM and KPAppleIntelCPUPM.

If it's working, send me the log so I have a working base to compare to and find what have (wrongly) changed.

If it's working, try the next one here https://github.com/jief666/CloverCommits and tell me too.

sorry it is my wrong you are right one boot and the other no  here is the logs  

2021-3-29_20-48-21_BOOTX64.EFI.log 2021-3-29_20-53_BOOTX64.EFI.log

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Jief_Machak Boot fine Preboot and Recovery Partition (Z390 Big Sur 11.3 Beta 5). Thanks

My stupid question: Is the debug.log created when starting the recovery partition ? I only have the starting one on the preboot

2021-3-30_6-10_CloverX64-2021-03-30-06-39-58-a5494a8-dirty-jief.efi.log

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

Debug log must be always created (if you press F2 (if I remember correctly), or configure it from config.plist), even if you boot Windows for example or even if you don't boot anything.

I know that. :) With the same config.plist (debug=true), the debug log is generated automatically when starting the Preboot, not when starting  the recovery partition.

15 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes, I'd say so.

Do you mean that I've to press F2 to generate debug.log when starting the recovery partition? Even with the config.plist configurated (debug=true).

Edited by Matgen84

16 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

No. I'll try to reproduce here. Will let you know.

New tests: 

• This time, I start directly the Recovery partition, and the debug.log is generated :) I restart preboot and the debug.log is generated too
  • This time, I start directly the Preboot partition, and the debug.log is generated. I restart Recovery Partition and the debug.log is generated too

Strange ^_^ First test, I start preboot, and recovery partition after : only one debug.log 

Maybe you were quick enough to boot in the same minute?

Because the log doesn't write seconds in the name, it simply overwrote it (or appended the new log to that one) because the name was the same.

Edited by kushwavez
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

Maybe you were quick enough to boot in the same minute?

Because the log doesn't write seconds in the name, it simply overwrote it (or appended the new log to that one) because the name was the same.

Thanks. 
I think so: maybe too quick restart is the problem for the first test or something else. :) I could notice that the log doesn't overwrite the existing file, (1) is added at the name for quick restart.

Edited by Matgen84

Just now, MifJpn said:

⌘  Powered by Clover revision: 5132 (master, commit a5494a89f)

As a reminder, checking the System Information once booted is NOT enough !

Many of my compilation will have the same commit number.

I guess I will have to improve that !

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

As a reminder, checking the System Information once booted is NOT enough !

Many of my compilation will have the same commit number.

I guess I will have to improve that !

@Jief_Machak You already do that in Clover  "About" section : see @eng_redaesm screenshot 

Spoiler

1.png.068b34b56612ef01132579326da1de5f.png

1 minute ago, LIMITANT said:

@Jief_Machak

Why I'm still seeing the old commit !!

20210330_132932.jpg

If you see the wrong one, it's because you used the wrong one :lol: !

Maybe you copied it the wrong place.

Use BootloaderChooser, you'll never have that problem anymore !

21 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Jief_Machak You already do that in Clover  "About" section : see @eng_redaesm screenshot 

True, but if you forgot to do it, you have to reboot.

And it'll take me 2 minutes (really) to have my build id instead of commit number on my own compilations. (Normal release will stay the same).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Slice said:

@MifJpn

It is automatic substitution. But I am not sure about japanese keyboard

Reveal hidden contents

MifJpn.png

And about

The key "A".

On my keyboard image.png.0aba1be2e1aae64b1a56dbb08692c1c2.png      image.png.787a9dc21e0dd4e6a188c9868006ca95.png    AZERTY, I've to press "Q" key (not "A") to access "About screen".  

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, matxpa said:

On my keyboard image.png.0aba1be2e1aae64b1a56dbb08692c1c2.png      image.png.787a9dc21e0dd4e6a188c9868006ca95.png    AZERTY, I've to press "Q" key (not "A") to access "About screen".  

Looks like BIOS drivers not agree with you.

9 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Jief_Machak 

With your "CloverX64-2021-03-30-06-39-58-a5494a8-dirty-jief.efi" on  Laptop Asus X75VB (MBP11,3) IvyBridge (I5-3340M HD4000) 

- Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91)                     PreBoot and Recovery--> boot OK
- Big Sur beta5 11.3 (20E5217a)        PreBoot and Recovery--> boot OK

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

this version works too. 

Now is 30.03.2021,  15:37:13 (GMT)

Starting Clover revision: 5132 (master, commit a5494a89f) on Lenovo EFI

Build id: 2021-03-30-06-39-58-a5494a8-dirty-jief

Build with: [jief]