Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,136 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

In this refactoring, I had to slightly reorganize custom entries and subentries "settings" field.

So if you use custom entries, please test if you can.

If something is not right : DO NOT try to workaround and fix. There is suppose to have NO functional change. Just tell me. 

CLOVERX64.efi 1.25 MB · 4 downloads

Thanks and it worked without any issue at Big Sur 11.3 beta4 in my B85M-G hackintoshs.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 7.36.51 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Good, send my your img and I'll debug it.

It is Clover/Qemu image

It is not first observation of missing debug.log. I already encountered before reporting and other users told me there are no debug.log.

See

static UINTN GetDebugLogFile()
{
  EFI_STATUS          Status;
  EFI_FILE_PROTOCOL   *LogFile;

if ( gLogFile ) return 0;

As the log file already defined then it will be not closed.

51 minutes ago, Slice said:

It is Clover/Qemu image

It is not first observation of missing debug.log. I already encountered before reporting and other users told me there are no debug.log.

See

{

As the log file already defined then it will be not closed.

Really ???

This means that if the log is already opened, it's not reopened. "GetDebugLogFile()" never closed the log file. Its purpose is and always was to open it !!!

The systematic close of the log file happens at then end "SaveMessageToDebugLogFile()" like it always was.

If you don't have any log in the current Qemu image, it's because there is no "Debug" key in boot section. I've already written 2 times about this.

You always seem to be very reluctant to send me Qemu images.

It would be much simpler than guessing configuration...

Edited by Jief_Machak

VOID SaveMessageToDebugLogFile(IN CHAR8 *LastMessage)
{
  EFI_STATUS Status;

UINTN lastWrittenOffset = GetDebugLogFile();

then

{

so lastWrittenOffset = 0;

3 hours ago, Slice said:

VOID SaveMessageToDebugLogFile(IN CHAR8 *LastMessage)
{
  EFI_STATUS Status;

UINTN lastWrittenOffset = GetDebugLogFile();

then

{

so lastWrittenOffset = 0;

At the end of "SaveMessageToDebugLogFile()" there is "closeDebugLog()". "closeDebugLog()" will set gLogFile to NULL. So this test is never true.

Well it is still a bug, that's true, because if you call "GetDebugLogFile()" twice in a row, the log will restart at the beginning.

I'll update that.

The log wasn't generate because there was no definition of PcdDebugPrintErrorLevel (defualt seems to be 0x80000000) in Clover.dsc when DEBUG_ON_SERIAL_PORT was not defined. Which is illogical as debug to file has nothing to do with serial port. Looks like RELEASE versions don't generate logs in quite some time.

That has nothing to do with panic or not, crash or not. The log was just never generate because of 

if ((DebugMode & GetDebugPrintErrorLevel ()) == 0) {
    return;
  }

Committed.

Edited by Jief_Machak

3 minutes ago, Slice said:

The debug log is successfully generated when no panic, when no random reboot.

With another compilation maybe... Because with PcdDebugPrintErrorLevel = 0x80000000, no log is generated at all. It's a feature.

You can check the value in AutoGen.c, line 353. Path = Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/DEBUG/AutoGen.c

47 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

plz check  no more plateform ID correct (get from hackingtools  from clover r5131 (Mar 19, 2021).

(  device -> properties  is set in my config.plist, iget 0x00000000 instead 0x19120001). for me i use special value 0x19120010

from https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/2a029bd298548730a5c61d0480117ad108cf9e56

Show your config.plist

@Jief_Machak Tell me when are you ready for 5132 release.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LIMITANT said:

Slice please tell me why CPU shows 4,01 GHz instead of 4.00 GHz ? Why this .01 fraction 

Thank you and for @Jief_Machak for your amazing work 

A CPU frequency is not round value. Can you show me preboot.log for this situation?

6 hours ago, maclinuxG4 said:

plz check  no more plateform ID correct (get from hackingtools  from clover r5131 (Mar 19, 2021).

(  device -> properties  is set in my config.plist, iget 0x00000000 instead 0x19120001). for me i use special value 0x19120010

from https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/2a029bd298548730a5c61d0480117ad108cf9e56

For your config.plist you should see 0x19120010

Where did you see other value?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

@LIMITANT you can set CPU bus speed in your config if you want a reported round CPU frequency. Totally cosmetic but it'll do the job. If your CPU is meant to operate a multiplier of 100MHz (like most CPUs since Sandy Bridge), set the value to 100000 and you'll see.

Clover_Bus_Speed.jpg

No, it will be better to keep Bus Speed as automatic calculated (don't use Clover Configurator, it can't set "Automatic").

You may set Frequency MHz any value you like and see exactly same value in the "About this Mac".

I've committed now.

This commit is a refactoring, as usual. Which means, report the least behaviour change, please, but DON'T modify your config to workaround.

The specific point I'd like to be tested, is custom entries and sub entries. If you have some of them configured, please test that it goes as usual.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1