Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,134 posts in this topic

@mrjayviper Now it makes sense!  Forgive my slow understanding! :hysterical:  If all of your real Macs are running the same version of Catalina, I would expect installation of CLOVER in the USB EFI to behave the same on each Mac.  If you find otherwise, I'd love to know.

• Like 1

Sorry if I post in the wrong place, this seems to be the best place to post. I have managed to update Clover to 5130 in the EFI partition of the Hackintosh using the Clover app. I have also tried to update Clover on the EFI of the installation pen drive with Big Sur 11.2 , but it failed to do so, saying to check if the partition is writable.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vyzantion said:

Sorry if I post in the wrong place, this seems to be the best place to post. I have managed to update Clover to 5130 in the EFI partition of the Hackintosh using the Clover app. I have also tried to update Clover on the EFI of the installation pen drive with Big Sur 11.2 , but it failed to do so, saying to check if the partition is writable.

No problems with Big Sur 11.3 Beta 1 (Clover PKG). Do you try to update Clover EFI Folder pen drive, with Clover 5130 PKG instead of Clover.app !

• Like 2

I'm trying to fix the hibernationmode=25 on my Lenovo X1C6 (notebook 1) with Clover v5130.

The problem is I don't know how.

There are some things in config.plist/Boot about it: StrictHibernate, HibernationFixup, RtcHibernateAware, and SignatureFixup (?).

What should I enable? 

HibernationFixup doesn't help, If I put the notebook to hibernated state, at start I get CMOS failure (with and without HibernationFixup). I have to use RTCMemoryFixup to fix that, but it says then hibernation will not work (and it does not indeed)

48 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

I'm trying to fix the hibernationmode=25 on my Lenovo X1C6 (notebook 1) with Clover v5130.

The problem is I don't know how.

There are some things in config.plist/Boot about it: StrictHibernate, HibernationFixup, RtcHibernateAware, and SignatureFixup (?).

What should I enable? 

HibernationFixup doesn't help, If I put the notebook to hibernated state, at start I get CMOS failure (with and without HibernationFixup). I have to use RTCMemoryFixup to fix that, but it says then hibernation will not work (and it does not indeed)

Do you try via Terminal: pmset -a hibernatemode 25

Hi all users @Slice

I update my Z390 config to Big Sur 11.3 Beta 2. Now I can only boot from USB, no more from my hard disk: the two EFI Folder are the same :cry: Clover r5130.

Does anyone have some ideas ! Please.

Edited by Matgen84

StrictHibernate=YES

SignatureFixup =NO

Hibernation also depends on FakeSMC+SMCHelper or VirtualSMC.kext+VirtualSMC.efi

There is also Lilu plugin called HibernationFixup.

But nothing helped me with my Dell Latitude E6430. I tried all possible combinations, quirks, settings, patches and so on. No result.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

@Matgen84

The config.plist file (or CloverX64.efi or BOOTX64.efi) may be corrupted. Try to recreate the EFI folder.

@yapan4 

I think so. Very strange, I've not this problem with Big Sur 11.3 Beta 1, only when I update to Beta 2.

@Slice @yapan4
I upload HDD Debug.log and USB Debug.log: the differences are curious despite I can't boot from HDD. Take a look, please

HDD_2021-2-18_9-8-0_BOOTX64.EFI.log USB_2021-2-18_9-8-0_BOOTX64.EFI.log

Edited by Matgen84

9 minutes ago, Slice said:

StrictHibernate=YES

SignatureFixup =NO

Hibernation also depends on FakeSMC+SMCHelper or VirtualSMC.kext+VirtualSMC.efi

There is also Lilu plugin called HibernationFixup.

But nothing helped me with my Dell Latitude E6430. I tried all possible combinations, quirks, settings, patches and so on. No result.

Hmm.. I'll try one more time then I'll give up, thanks.

This is the very last thing that isn't working on my X1C6, but after all hibernatemode=25 isn't the default value on real Macs too, so I don't really care about it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, yapan4 said:

@Matgen84

Hmm... Looks like injecting of kernel collection is broken when you boot from HDD.

Maybe try to completely reinstall again (EFI, beta2, clean NVRAM, etc....)

@yapan4
Thanks. I already try to clean NVRAM without any results. So I choose to replace HDD EFI Folder, by working USB EFI Folder. 

It's a very strange, and I don't understand why this happened. Everything worked well before.

Last when I had boot issues like you (restarts after selecting the OS) it had to do something with Quirks. If I remember correctly it was DisableLinkeditJettison? I had to enable it.

But anyway leaving everything on default values like in config-sample.plist always worked for me.

You can see the differences between your two config.plist with "diff"

diff config1.plist config2.plist

Edited by kushwavez

7 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

Last when I had boot issues like you (restarts before selecting the OS) it had to do something with Quirks. If I remember correctly it was DisableLinkeditJettison? I had to enable it.

But anyway leaving everything on default values like in config-sample.plist always worked for me.

You can see the differences between your two config.plist with "diff"

diff config1.plist config2.plist

Thanks. :)

My two config.plist are exactly the same. I checked it out before posting my first post.

11 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi all users @Slice

I update my Z390 config to Big Sur 11.3 Beta 2. Now I can only boot from USB, no more from my hard disk: the two EFI Folder are the same :cry: Clover r5130.

Does anyone have some ideas ! Please.

I've already tested it on two of my laptops and it's 100% functional, but we certainly don't use the same generation of chipset!

one is 5th generation Broadwell and the other is 3rd generation Ivy bridge

@kushwavez
Not sure if it's possible in Clover, but I have hibernatemode=25 working in OpenCore on my Lenovo X1 Extreme
There are a couple issues at hand for Thinkpad devices in general
1. RTC issues
  * I solve the RTC issues using RTCMemoryFixup.kext + HibernationFixup.kext
  * boot arg `rtcfx_exlude=80-AB`. This is the region in RTC which macOS will write to with hibernation information, though the Lenovo firmware really doesn't like it being written there. RTCMemoryFixup will block writes to that location, while HibernationFixup adds the hibernation info into NVRAM instead.
  * HibernateMode = NVRAM in config.plist
2. Black screen while trying to boot
  * This requires using the "ReservedMemory" feature of OpenCore
  * Address 569344 (Integer)
  * Type: RuntimeCode (String)
  * Size: 4096 (integer)

I do not know if the ReservedMemory feature was ported over to Clover or not
If you want a good reference btw for the x1c6, this uses the same settings I described above for hibernate support:
https://github.com/tylernguyen/x1c6-hackintosh

If there exists similar settings in Clover, should be able to set it up.

Edited by 1Revenger1
  • Like 2