11 minutes ago, Slice said:

yes

Curious, i still get

cata XCode 12.4

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "____chkstk_darwin", referenced from:
      _DecompressLZSS in lto.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [/Users/labyone/src/Clover/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/DEBUG/CLOVERX64.dll] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/labyone/src/Clover/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/labyone/src/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 17:43:55, Feb.07 2021
Build total time: 00:01:29

on HS XCode 10.1 works

Edited by LAbyOne

1 hour ago, Slice said:

With Xcode 11.2.1 works. And this Xcode works in BigSur.

I can recommend to switch to gcc-10.2. It works.

Thanks @Slice

already noticed gcc working  (tried that after xcode fail)

and about BigSur, we'll talk about it ...if I will install that... still very far from my actual priorities. 

even cata is still only a Test drive..

50 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

There is an option "mno-stack-probe" that might work. Can't try it

Yes, reported by LAbyOne. Could you try to add that option ("-mno-stack-probe") in build option in Clover.dsc ?

On these 2 lines at the end of the file :

XCODE:*_*_*_CC_FLAGS = -std=c11 -fno-unwind-tables -Wno-msvc-include $(BUILD_OPTIONS)
  XCODE:*_*_*_CXX_FLAGS = -std=c++11 -fno-unwind-tables -Wno-msvc-include $(BUILD_OPTIONS)

for "-mno-stack-probe" it says : "clang: error: unknown argument: '-mno-stack-probe'"

it should be "-mno-stack-arg-probe", but the build still fails with the same error mentioned in @LAbyOne's post

Xcode 12.4, Big Sur 11.2

Edited by kushwavez

57 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

for "-mno-stack-probe" it says : "clang: error: unknown argument: '-mno-stack-probe'"

it should be "-mno-stack-arg-probe", but the build still fails with the same error mentioned in @LAbyOne's post

Xcode 12.4, Big Sur 11.2

Confirmed

Hi @Slice @Jief_Machak 

I have annoying issue with r5129 commit d66a14ae3 (IvyBridge config - Mojave): at start, black screen instead of Clover GUI :cry: I don't understand why. Don't try on Z390 and Big Sur 11.3 Beta

Any one have this problem or just me.

Edited by Matgen84

Just now, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice @Jief_Machak 

I have annoying issue with r5129 commit d66a14ae3 (IvyBridge config - Mojave): at start, black screen instead of Clover GUI :cry: I don't understand why. Don't try on Z390 and Big Sur 11.3 Beta

Any one have this problem or just me.

debug.log ? So we can see as far as it went. It's most likely a NULL pointer exception. Most of firmware just ignore it, some just stop.

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

debug.log ? So we can see as far as it went. It's most likely a NULL pointer exception. Most of firmware just ignore it, some just stop.

Debug.log not generated on Ivybridge :cry:  So I can't upload it.

I test just now: same issue on Z390 config

21 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Ah ok. That means a very early crash. Let's compile a version that put debug.log on screen.

Here it is. You may need to film in slow motion (my main usage of a smartphone since a year !! :)).

CloverX64-2021-02-08-10-52-24-d66a14a-dirty-jief.zip 762.62 kB · 0 downloads

I've to find a android app for slow motion movie because I don't have it. :hysterical: I upload the movie, ASAP

I try your dirty efi file: I can boot Big Sur on my Z390 config. Don't test IvyBridge. Is it a local building issue. ?

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Is it a local building issue. ?

Don't know. It's dirty because I redirect the log on screen. Not more.

So maybe.

To be sure, do a rm -r Build in clover directory. That way, you'll rebuild everything.

It's strange. Last time, you cannot use the efi I sent you. Now my efi works and not yours... Maybe last time I had the problem you now have, generated builds that cause problems for your computer.

4 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Don't know. It's dirty because I redirect the log on screen. Not more.

So maybe.

To be sure, do a rm -r Build in clover directory. That way, you'll rebuild everything.

It's strange. Last time, you cannot use the efi I sent you. Now my efi works and not yours... Maybe last time I had the problem you now have, generated builds that cause problems for your computer.

I don't find a free android app effective for filming in slow motion. :cry:

Yes, it's strange. I will delete the Build directory and recompile to see. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

31 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I remove Build in Clover, rebuild again everything: same issue :cry: 

34 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Let's try to solve that once for all !

In BootLog.cpp, change line 281 :

MemLogfVA(TRUE, DebugMode, FormatString, Marker);

by

MemLogfVA(TRUE, 2, FormatString, Marker);

Compile (no need to rm -R Build).

Which one, there is 2 BootLog.cpp.  I suppose: ⁨rEFIt_UEFI⁩ ▸ ⁨Platform⁩, Right.

Note: when I compile with GCC53 instead of XCODE8: I can boot Mojave (IvyBridge)