Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,907 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Hi

I remember clover version 5115 used to auto detect model identifier even if i dont put smbios in config.plist. But later versions now defaults to MacPro3,1.

Is this also happening to any users or its just me? 

most likely only with you. SMBIOS must be filled in

updated from Clover 5122 to Clover 5129 my hack P55 signed. Setting the Quirks section of the config sample, pretty much went well as it was set :D

1067833435_P552021-01-31alle13_13_10.png.7956fcc5c3dc88d4d0e8599ad30e0593.png

ops true that it is not signed here.... :hysterical:

Asus P7P55D-E EVO i7-860 GTX750 [Jurassic Hack]

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

ops true that it is not signed here.... :hysterical:

Asus P7P55D-E EVO i7-860 GTX750 [Jurassic Hack]

the afternoon iCanaro

you could post an ioreg from that 1gen desktop so i can make a comparison!

thanks
Good sunday

19 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

is it possible to prevent the clover from creating these "entries" (Mac OS X) in the process of installing and updating the system on the boot selection screen?

mmmmm the famous ghost entries, I'm not sure, but I think they are generated by macOS and not by Clover; the same thing happens with OC

• Like 1

Hello, 

My current cloverbootloader is version 5123. It works fine with Skylake. I have tried updating to newer version 5124 -> 5129 (built-in OpenCore). it doesn't work stop at ++++++++. What can I do to debug and report this issue?

16 minutes ago, lazzy said:

Hello, 

My current cloverbootloader is version 5123. It works fine with Skylake. I have tried updating to newer version 5124 -> 5129 (built-in OpenCore). it doesn't work stop at ++++++++. What can I do to debug and report this issue?

Hi @lazzy

Please, complete your signature with the details of your configuration (processor, motherboard, etc.)

There is a topic guide to convert r5123-5124 --> new Clover r5129 include.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

mmmmm the famous ghost entries, I'm not sure, but I think they are generated by macOS and not by Clover; the same thing happens with OC

I already tested with the OC. Here with him did not create

@Slice

Hi again, how are you?

For a very long time, I keep noticing these errors when building Clover (I also see references on the web with this errors in build logs, so it's not only here)

make: [~/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Ffs/A17F4A89-5F19-444f-B7BE-48195E0575DBSmbiosGenDxe/SmbiosGenDxeOffset.raw] Error 1 (ignored)
make: [~/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Ffs/FC5C7020-1A48-4198-9BE2-EAD5ABC8CF2FBdsDxe/BdsDxeOffset.raw] Error 1 (ignored)
make: [~/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Ffs/E660EA85-058E-4b55-A54B-F02F83A24707DisplayEngine/DisplayEngineOffset.raw] Error 1 (ignored)

Building seems to completely successfully, but I don't use legacy environment anymore, so I am unsure if this affects anything.

Do you have any idea what these errors are?

On 1/30/2021 at 5:07 PM, Jief_Machak said:

Comment your hide section and your custom section in your config.plist and try this CloverX64-2021-01-30-17-49-47-b5e0562-dirty-jief.zip

That should work and only propose the preboot volume, for installation as well as once installed. Doing that, you'll get a longer name under your icon. I plan to have a mode where only short clean name are displayed.

Hi @Jief_Machak just my feedback on this last commit. Having just the recovery partition in my hide section, now at clover screen, I see just the Preboot volume. Thank you very much!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pene said:

@Slice

Hi again, how are you?

For a very long time, I keep noticing these errors when building Clover (I also see references on the web with this errors in build logs, so it's not only here)

make: [~/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Ffs/A17F4A89-5F19-444f-B7BE-48195E0575DBSmbiosGenDxe/SmbiosGenDxeOffset.raw] Error 1 (ignored)
make: [~/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Ffs/FC5C7020-1A48-4198-9BE2-EAD5ABC8CF2FBdsDxe/BdsDxeOffset.raw] Error 1 (ignored)
make: [~/src/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Ffs/E660EA85-058E-4b55-A54B-F02F83A24707DisplayEngine/DisplayEngineOffset.raw] Error 1 (ignored)

Building seems to completely successfully, but I don't use legacy environment anymore, so I am unsure if this affects anything.

Do you have any idea what these errors are?

Hi,

I have an idea that these modules contains no external symbols and so optimized into zero by LTO.

Anyway legacy Clover boot6 I tested recently is working fine on my skylake system.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2021 at 12:28 PM, ellaosx said:

Hi

I remember clover version 5115 used to auto detect model identifier even if i dont put smbios in config.plist. But later versions now defaults to MacPro3,1.

Is this also happening to any users or its just me? 

I confirm, auto detect it is broken.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Generation CPU tables for IvyBridge is also broken.

I wonder since when.... good thing you mentioned it as my cousin wanted to move to Clover on his Ivy Bridge to install Mojave :huh:

So @Andrey1970 inthe <key>Generate</key> section neither <key>CStates</key> or <key>PStates</key> work correctly? Is Ivy Bridge abandoned somehow?

I don't know when it is broken. Tables from old Clover work perfectly.
Generation not working tables, frequency doesn't change and is constant 800 MHz. (It even is less than minimum for i7-3610QM 1200 MHz. :shock:)
I think generation tables is broken for all CPU IvyBridge and older.

From old Clover Working tables.zip

From new Clover Not working tables.zip

Edited by Andrey1970
  • Like 1

Hi @Jief_Machak @Slice

I build Clover r5129 commit 16c627596. When I try to update macOS Mojave to January security update and Safari 14.0.3. At reboot, I can't continue the process !

macOS Install don't appear in Clover GUI. When I press F3, I see  macOS Install  via Preboot instead of my main partition. So I can't update Mojave.

Clover GUI don't show macOS Install for Mojave

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.0bae634bb3b895ef88851b3f5c221534.png

After F3, macOSinstall appear, like that: "macOS Install for Mojave via Preboot" ----> don't work on Mojave

Spoiler

screenshot4.thumb.png.431ae577bb813236ffdf06b6b9cc54db.png

2021-2-2_8-2-49_BOOTX64.EFI.log

EDIT: commit fa0bdcd18  don't solved the problems. Thanks. Wait and see.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes, bug in my auto hide selection. I'll have a look.

Installed High Sierra and it converted my drive to APFS by default. With APFS, i now have Preboot of course.

Problem is, Preboot is showing in Clover GUI. If i hide it, then my other SSD which has BigSur will also hide the Preboot.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

Preboot is showing in Clover GUI

Preboot is supposed to auto hide for version before BS.

Send me your debug.log or preboot.log and I'll correct that at the same as the earlier problem.

Edited by Jief_Machak
  • Like 1