Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,904 posts in this topic

@Jief_Machak thanks for looking into the issue. Few pages back it was reported that the PluginType parameter was no longer working and that it was advised by many to totally remove it from Clover config.plist and/or use/combine instead SSDT-PLUG.aml (obviously compatible with the CPU name on each hackintosh).

Please see @tonyx86 last post on this and his testing: 

So since we are no coders and cannot understand the great work you all developers do, we rely totally on your feedback and information, especially when a release is made and reading the Release Notes (on GitHub).

Was this an issue confirmed and/or resolved, therefore? What is the correct, working parameter in config.plist in latest Clover releases, please, regarding PluginType? TRUE or a number "1"?

Were we mislead and confused some days ago about this "apparent" bug? I ask because a few started advising to use SSDT-PLUG.aml from Dortania... Hence my insisting questions to you and Slice, mate....

I won't flood the thread anymore on this, I promise. Just wanted to know what we were talking about few pages back :) Kindly check @iCanaro's post here and the subsequent posts: 

Thanks again, have a good weekend everyone.

Edited by MacKonsti

the advice to use SSDT for power management, is due to the fact that if you use OC and Clover in the same EFI, as I do in 4 hacks, in my opinion it makes the system more homogeneous regardless of which boot loader you use.
Having arranged plugin types is vital for the majority of users who use Clover without ssdt x PM

7 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Absolutely not. But I still did the installation myself. fdisk, dd, etc... :lol:

fdisk, dd, etc with new Clover It's a lot of trouble when you know that the Package works perfectly on all Mac version . It's been a bit archaic; apple uses PKG to install macOS

But I respect your choice 

Edited by chris1111
apple uses PKG to install macOS 
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

fdisk, dd, etc with new Clover It's a lot of trouble when you know that the Package works perfectly

Sure. But I just have to do it once. And at that time, the package installer refused to install on the volume I wanted. So I had to it by hand. I also had to modify the first stage boot sector (the 512 bytes piece of code that loads boot6).

5 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Sure. But I just have to do it once. And at that time, the package installer refused to install on the volume I wanted. So I had to it by hand. I also had to modify the first stage boot sector (the 512 bytes piece of code that loads boot6).

I can confirm that currently the first stage boot sector boot 6 and boot 7 is working perfectly on any macOS. If you have to do it again it should work fine

Edited by chris1111

5 hours ago, chris1111 said:

I can confirm that currently the first stage boot sector boot 6 and boot 7 is working perfectly on any macOS. If you have to do it again it should work fine

Edited 5 hours ago by chris1111

I confirm that here also works normal!

Chris1111 a question for you who also use GT 210, with the new FULL Clover r5129 using the pkg config.plist you have no problems using the Nvidia inject?

here I can't do it again .. it is always playing with me with each new version (maybe because it is a 1gen laptop with GT 320M) but it is complicated and I had to abandon PStates and CStates to eliminate the kernel panic cpupm

I kidnapped @Slice and @Jief_Machak so they can analyze it, but I'm also open to other solutions!

in relation to processor management I am really satisfied with it

remember is an i5-M430 look at the print!

Spoiler

47787363_Capturedecran2021-01-29a22_21_38.png.38bfebcd3d174b66a988b9af3015c0b3.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tonyx86 said:

Why do you need VoodooTSCSync with Arrandale?

I don't need it, but I don't break it either ... I can delete it and it doesn't have the least impact!

15 hours ago, PG7 said:

I confirm that here also works normal!

Chris1111 a question for you who also use GT 210, with the new FULL Clover r5129 using the pkg config.plist you have no problems using the Nvidia inject?

here I can't do it again .. it is always playing with me with each new version (maybe because it is a 1gen laptop with GT 320M) but it is complicated and I had to abandon PStates and CStates to eliminate the kernel panic cpupm

Hi @PG7 I have no problem with inject Nvidia it works well 

5129 i didn't test it on my optiplex, i have a lot of update with Big Sur for my other pc and laptop. I do not test Clover at each revision for the old NV and HD 3000 cards :P

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PG7 said:

I don't need it, but I don't break it either ... I can delete it and it doesn't have the least impact!

I'd be curious to see your full IORegistryExplorer 2.1 dump.  Do you mind posting it?  You can see my full Arrandale system here.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:55 PM, kushwavez said:

Of course here you are:

Preboot:

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot2.thumb.png.fac8075f00dae813acafd09280fc56d8.png

screenshot3.thumb.png.9340bdc8b0c73eac2866cd1ce89d889a.png

"main" normal partition, should be hidden by default (but it's not):

Reveal hidden contents

screenshot0.thumb.png.0c4a5ede597404530408ceff6b818c32.png

screenshot1.thumb.png.7ecef263d8dad861f7c6f731e8a0df0e.png

I have to manually hide the normal partition by config.plist/GUI/Hide. I also created a custom entry for Big Sur:

Reveal hidden contents

106001253-050a3e00-60b0-11eb-866a-75eac0e653be.thumb.png.762dfa1e9771aff1c995e119d726867d.png

1104344671_Kpernyfot2021-01-29-14_49_09.thumb.png.ba2d622bc979129f7cc90ffb67475ce1.png

2021-1-29_13-45-17_CLOVERX64.efi.log 72.61 kB · 1 download

Comment your hide section and your custom section in your config.plist and try this CloverX64-2021-01-30-17-49-47-b5e0562-dirty-jief.zip

That should work and only propose the preboot volume, for installation as well as once installed. Doing that, you'll get a longer name under your icon. I plan to have a mode where only short clean name are displayed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Jief_Machak a question.

We did talk about FileVault drivers a while ago, and after debugging and your recommendation it seems we need AppleKeyFeeder.efi and AppleUiSupport.efi to get FileVault working properly. Clover's included drivers are bugged and take a lot of time to load (see here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2745305)

Now AppleUiSupport.efi is not included in Clover releases, I need to download and add it manually. Can you include AppleUiSupport.efi in further releases (and if not needed, exclude other outdated FV efis. I need only AppleKeyFeeder and AppleUiSupport)?

The source of AppleUiSupport.efi: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg/releases/tag/2.0.9

Thanks in advance. Clover is getting better and better. :thumbsup_anim:

@PG7 If you're feeling adventurous with your Arrandale laptop, try patching your DSDT so that your LPCB.IOName is "3b09."  "3b09" is the IOName of LPCB in a real MacBookPro6,2 (Arrandale) and I find that even up through Catalina, macOS provides native power management with no CLOVER CPU/LPC patches.  Your current LPCB.IOName match is "3a18" which I think is the same as CLOVER's FakeLPC.

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kushwavez said:

@Jief_Machak a question.

We did talk about FileVault drivers a while ago, and after debugging and your recommendation it seems we need AppleKeyFeeder.efi and AppleUiSupport.efi to get FileVault working properly. Clover's included drivers are bugged and take a lot of time to load (see here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2745305)

Now AppleUiSupport.efi is not included in Clover releases, I need to download and add it manually. Can you include AppleUiSupport.efi in further releases (and if not needed, exclude other outdated FV efis. I need only AppleKeyFeeder and AppleUiSupport)?

The source of AppleUiSupport.efi: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleSupportPkg/releases/tag/2.0.9

Thanks in advance. Clover is getting better and better. :thumbsup_anim:

I'm not taking care of release content and packages... Sorry.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Clover's included drivers are bugged and take a lot of time to load (see here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=2745305)

I prefer to know what is wrong exactly instead of follow some unverified claims.

• Like 2

Hi

I remember clover version 5115 used to auto detect model identifier even if i dont put smbios in config.plist. But later versions now defaults to MacPro3,1.

Is this also happening to any users or its just me? 

Edited by ellaosx