Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,904 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

I can see some args here https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM, but nothing about sleep/wake. At boot, it always works fine.

I don't have edit button, but there is an edit menu item in the 3 dots menu.

Have a look at the bottom of the readmefile. what is your wifi card ?

Spoiler

1923127873_Capturedcran2021-01-2213_38_15.png.5b69bfc80d6eac2b0f44737a27e0ce81.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I also add "BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext". Don't know what it's for because it was working without it.

that depends on BT models, some don't need it, others like the BT I have on the Z370 if I don't put the injector doesn't activate

Edited by iCanaro

9 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I committed recovery support.

You can try your own build, now.

Other topic : 
I have my bluetooth not working after sleep/wake. Any idea what should I try to debug that ?

I'm using BcrmFirwareData.kext and BcrmPatchRAM2 and AirportBrcmFixup.kext with Mojave.

CloverX64-2021-01-21-22-11-57-ee5e05c-dirty-jief.zip 760.4 kB · 7 downloads

I have BRCM 20702A3 v14

using this driver 

BRCMInjector.kext.zip

• Like 1

Good Morning

good job to the whole team

Clover is getting better and better, most of my hacks just need 4 Quirks which makes it very easy to work

Spoiler

770624789_Capturedecran2021-01-23a12_36_47.thumb.png.debbbcb4708a9b0cd658b7ce11d62903.png

Thanks to everyone who participates in this great project and does not abandon it because for me it is still the bootloader of choice

• Like 7

mac os 11.2 (20D62) boots perfectly with Clover. The recovery also loads without problems. Clover loads recovery faster than OpenСore, and this is very pleasing. Thank you to the developers.

The full installation from the USB flash drive takes place automatically, without my intervention. Clover began to work fully with Big Sur

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dimka40185 said:

mac os 11.2 (20D62) boots perfectly with Clover. The recovery also loads without problems. Clover loads recovery faster than OpenСore, and this is very pleasing. Thank you to the developers.

The full installation from the USB flash drive takes place automatically, without my intervention. Clover began to work fully with Big Sur

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 3

Good evening everyone, thank you @Slice for updating the Git with your release (that I got notified):

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5129

Can you kindly confirm that this version also fixes the problem reported with <key>PluginType</key> ?

If this is the case indeed and contains @Jief_Machak's fix can you kindly update it in the Release Notes on Git?

It's useful to keep for historical/reference reasons, especially for us not able or knowledgeable to build from sources or read/understand commits...

Thank you all for your input and contributions!

Edited by MacKonsti

10 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

If this is the case indeed and contains @Jief_Machak's fix can you kindly update it in the Release Notes on Git?

TgtBridge was fixed for 5124.

The 5129 only add DMG files booting, needed for Big Sur recovery.

5 hours ago, Dmitriy85 said:

I found duplicate parameters in the config. By default, the DMAR drop is enabled in the config and the DisableIoMapper quirk is enabled, they both perform the same function

Well spotted.

My bad !

We will remove the quirk and keep Clover original way, I think, if they are strictly identical. I'll do that after the integration of a new config.plist parser that will be able to give clear warning like "you are using DisableIoMapper, use DropTables instead".

That way, we'll avoid some panic on this forum.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Thanks @Jief_Machak can you kindly confirm that this version also fixes the problem reported with <key>PluginType</key> ?

Do you have any means to update the Release Notes in Git ?

Edited by MacKonsti

2 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Can we boot BaseSystem.dmg from a FAT32 (or another) pendrive with Clover v5129?

Didn't try. The problem maybe in the boot.efi included in BaseSystem.dmg. It has to re-mount the volume with his own drivers. Probably won't accept FAT32 volume.

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Done.

Thank you for your quick actions.

Shame that your fix for <key>PluginType</key> not working (regression, I guess) is not part of 5129. Hopefully we can get it with r5130.

Thanks again for your continuous support to Clover.

14 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

9 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Not working ??? It supposed to. Nobody told me it doesn't work in 5129...

I am really sorry, I did not mean to alarm anyone. Just that neither Slice or yourself mention this in the releases notes, mate. I did ask twice in my posts above...

This is an important feature of course! But no mention of PluginType fix or trace anywhere: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5129 hence my disappointment.

I am still running your r5123-1 release/fix and wanted to be sure that r5129 finally has no hiccups or known issues before trying to move forward in an update. Cheers

Edited by MacKonsti

1 hour ago, MacKonsti said:

I am really sorry, I did not mean to alarm anyone. Just that neither Slice or yourself mention this in the releases notes, mate. I did ask twice in my posts above...

This is an important feature of course! But no mention of PluginType fix or trace anywhere: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5129 hence my disappointment.

I am still running your r5123-1 release/fix and wanted to be sure that r5129 finally has no hiccups or known issues before trying to move forward in an update. Cheers

there are no problems with the PluginType, everything works. watch the screen

Spoiler

1705828093_2021-01-2906_46_38.thumb.png.e0e0396fa1487f72ff14bfd888e4872a.png

• Like 1