Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,904 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Slice @Jief_Machak @iCanaro and all users

I can't boot macOS Big Sur 11.2 Beta 2 with Clover r5128 commit a9778cd8d + Latest Lilu Plugins release (only Lilu is beta)

Need help

2021-1-14_8-32-26_BOOTX64.EFI.log 68.56 kB · 3 downloads

no problem here it boots twice as fast as Opencore :angel:

⬇︎

Spoiler

screenshot1.png.f24291a277bc1d7013dac98dc2c328bc.pngUntitled.thumb.png.904029eb63f0c7afb087fe43252dc988.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

My EFI Folder attached (latest r5128 commit). The r5127 EFI folder works well, can boot BS 11.2 Beta 1

I see that the size of clover and boot is 1.5Mb instead of 1.3Mb
have you tried to download and use the released 5128 and not the one you compiled?!

define SSDT in SortedOrder

Edited by iCanaro

30 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

I see that the size of clover and boot is 1.5Mb instead of 1.3Mb
have you tried to download and use the released 5128 and not the one you compiled?!

define SSDT in SortedOrder

@iCanaro Thanks. Ok for SortedOder. What is RestrictEvents.kext ? 

Instead of release, I use my own r5128 latest commit using git reset --hard for submodule. The head is good now for OC. I build and I can boot Big Sur 11.2 Beta 2

:cry:  I've got a problem to update correctly opencorepkg submodule with Buildme option (Update and Update reset). What script do you use ?

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

What is RestrictEvents.kext ? 

https://github.com/acidanthera/RestrictEvents

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I've got a problem to update correctly opencorepkg submodule with Buildme option (Update and Update reset). What script do you use ?

mkdir $HOME/src
cd $HOME/src
git clone https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git Clover
cd Clover
git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/OpenCorePkg.git
git config --global submodule.recurse true   <--- [This just the very first time]
./buildme
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Git clone --recurse-submodules https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader.git
cd CloverBootloader
./buildme 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
git -f -f -d -x
./buildme XCODE8

that's what i pinned on about the scripts to use

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Leonardo Assunção said:

I'm trying to help a friend. I've already patched his dsdt and everything is ok, except when I put SSDT.aml by pikeralpha's script for PM, so I get a KP. Can you help me, please?

it seems obvious to me that if you add SSDT X PM and it goes into kernel panic, if SSDT has been created correctly, in the EFI at the very least it is wrong SMBIOS and who knows what more.... since you don't know what hardware is and you don't have any EFI to be able to evaluate

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

@iCanaro  there is nothing defirence plugintype=1 or SSDT-Plug.aml

I booted with plugintype=yes and ssdt-plug.aml i m notthing seeing  improve under battery section

Still missing put harddisk to sleep option 

Can you explain clearly?

If you are running Big Sur, I've heard others report that "put harddisk to sleep" does not appear if your HDs are all SSDs (no mechanical drives).  There have also been reported issues where Big Sur cannot properly detect SSD / HD (usually when the HD is connected via USB) and may incorrectly display "put harddisk to sleep."

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

@iCanaro  there is nothing defirence plugintype=1 or SSDT-Plug.aml

I booted with plugintype=yes and ssdt-plug.aml i m notthing seeing  improve under battery section

Still missing put harddisk to sleep option 

Can you explain clearly?

if you have CPUs from haswell onwards, if you want Clover to manage power management, you don't have to use any power management ssdt, no ssdt-plug, you just have to put the plugin type flag in generate options and nothing else

1455850324_Schermata2021-01-19alle16_54_18.png.3a53723225b2fe3bb182a9bd10b861ff.png only here, this with clover's latest commit

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 5

@tonyx86 @iCanaro :thanks_speechbubble: both of guys i realy appreciated for helping

I tested and booted Big Sur 11 with hdd  put hard disk to sleep option is appeared

But do not appear with ssd drive when i boot and you are correct  

I have seen enother forum when you are using ssd drive there is no need  put had disk to sleep option for ssd

This is only detect for hdd drive or external drive on Big Sur 11

Thanks again for replying

Edited by ameenjuz
edited
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 9:09 AM, iCanaro said:

it seems obvious to me that if you add SSDT X PM and it goes into kernel panic, if SSDT has been created correctly, in the EFI at the very least it is wrong SMBIOS and who knows what more.... since you don't know what hardware is and you don't have any EFI to be able to evaluate

So here it goes...

EFI.zip

On 1/18/2021 at 2:17 AM, Leonardo Assunção said:

I'm trying to help a friend. I've already patched his dsdt and everything is ok, except when I put SSDT.aml by pikeralpha's script for PM, so I get a KP. Can you help me, please?

41 minutes ago, Leonardo Assunção said:

So here it goes...

EFI.zip 5.67 MB · 1 download

Hello
you say you have problems inserting the SSDT created by pikeralpha's script!

certainly because you cannot and should not use the same patch three times as this one at EFI!
you have the Patch PM of the clover as well as the CPUPM already one does not go with the other,

you have the plugintype = 1 patch on the DSDT per CPU0, too, it just arrives, you could use plugintype = 1 on the clover does the same effect!
placing the SSDT causes you to find three patches for the processor and conflicts ...

in the case of EFI you put the SSDT.aml is not created by the script or something did not work !!!

I advise you to test by deleting the CPUO patch - 'plugintype = 1' from the DSDT and using only the plugintype = 1 from the clover so that you can test ... I here only use the plugintype = 1 in the DSDT and I don't use any more patches on the Clover

I hope I have answered your problem or question

Spoiler

195075117_Capturedecran2021-01-20a02_25_07.thumb.png.e62e314a66a292d33daf0f02987444cb.png

• Like 4

14 hours ago, PG7 said:

Hello
you say you have problems inserting the SSDT created by pikeralpha's script!

certainly because you cannot and should not use the same patch three times as this one at EFI!
you have the Patch PM of the clover as well as the CPUPM already one does not go with the other,

you have the plugintype = 1 patch on the DSDT per CPU0, too, it just arrives, you could use plugintype = 1 on the clover does the same effect!
placing the SSDT causes you to find three patches for the processor and conflicts ...

in the case of EFI you put the SSDT.aml is not created by the script or something did not work !!!

I advise you to test by deleting the CPUO patch - 'plugintype = 1' from the DSDT and using only the plugintype = 1 from the clover so that you can test ... I here only use the plugintype = 1 in the DSDT and I don't use any more patches on the Clover

I hope I have answered your problem or question

Hide contents

195075117_Capturedecran2021-01-20a02_25_07.thumb.png.e62e314a66a292d33daf0f02987444cb.png

Well, let's get the things clear.

1) I've followed Rehabman's Native Laptops Power Management Guide. As per that guide, the recommended for IvyBridge CPUs is: AppleIntelCPUPM/KernelPM checked + SSDT.aml

2) Mald0n patched this dsdt. So I didn't know that he had put plugin-type there, once plugin-type is not the correct approach for IvyBridge CPUs.

3) I'm very eager to know why you recommend plugin-type for IvyBridge.

Thanks for your answer.

32 minutes ago, Leonardo Assunção said:

Well, let's get the things clear.

3) I'm very eager to know why you recommend plugin-type for IvyBridge.

I'm sure this is frustrating.  Would you agree that helping you is complicated by the fact that you never fully described the system that you're trying to hack?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first you've mentioned IvyBridge (or any specifics about your CPU) and you haven't told us your motherboard model.  Also, this is a thread for CLOVER issues and it seems that you are asking for general support for hacking your system.  Just my opinion as a newbie to all this, but it would be best for you to post your question in an exisitng thread that matches your system, or to start a new thread in the appropriate subforum.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Leonardo Assunção said:

1) I've followed Rehabman's Native Laptops Power Management Guide. As per that guide, the recommended for IvyBridge CPUs is: AppleIntelCPUPM/KernelPM checked + SSDT.aml

in case you use AppleintelCPUPM you don't necessarily need the PM Kernel!
if you use one or both patches on the Clover you DO NOT need SSDT
if using SSDT you don't need a patch on Clover
"I also use several ivy bridge on a laptop"

36 minutes ago, Leonardo Assunção said:

2) Mald0n patched this dsdt. So I didn't know that he had put plugin-type there, once plugin-type is not the correct approach for IvyBridge CPUs.

ok Maldon made a patch plugintype = 1 you didn't say ... said (already made a patch) in the case of Maldon like me WILL he know he was an IvyBridge? I didn't know and when I saw these patches and even the patch on the DSDT plugintype = 1 I thought it was a higher generation processor than ivybridge !!! (this information was missing in the comment where I read and replied!)

believe that even Maldon would not patch plugintype = 1 if you know it was an ivybridge

37 minutes ago, Leonardo Assunção said:

3) I'm very eager to know why you recommend plugin-type for IvyBridge

I recommended it as I already answered in the second article POIS I did not know it was an Ivybridge !!!

now I advise you to patch this script and use only the SSDT for that processor that will do the management correctly and may in many cases even have to do OEM Drop of the SSDT in Clover

18 minutes ago, MrGreen said:

Just a small comment: In r5128 on Big Sur the Recovery partition has finally popped up - is accessible !

Great work!

This has been possible for a while, but I don't think it's bootable. Test

• Like 1