Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,904 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

@ameenjuz I posted my guess.  I'm not currently running Big Sur (I occasionally "visit" BS only to test it), so I can't be certain.  Hopefully my guess offers you a clue.

:thanks_speechbubble: solved above mentioned

sometime i get instant wake reboot on Big Sur 11.1

i have mapped my all usb port correctely but i get this kernel panic

i don't have idea what is this issue  only occure on Big Sur

after reboot i get kernel panic report

i attached screenshot

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.05b5935caf31b913b7e193eaf61b38f7.png

7 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

sometime i get instant wake reboot on Big Sur 11.1

i have mapped my all usb port correctely but i get this kernel panic

i don't have idea what is this issue  only occure on Big Sur

You think this is a CLOVER problem (since we're in the Clover General Discussion thread)?  I beg to differ.  Seems like it might be a pmset or sleepimage issue.  Hard to tell anything without your system specs and problem reporting files. I think you'll have more likely success if you post Big Sur post install questions in a thread that discusses your system, or create a new thread in the appropriate forum.  You can then update your post in this thread with a link to your new post / thread.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, MICKHAEL said:

I think you have a problem) check again your config

@MICKHAEL @MifJpn @Matgen84 @chris1111 - This might help you to identify my "config" problem.  If I retain the exact same config.plist, kexts and ACPI that I'm using with r5127 and I switch back to r5122, all of my Energy Saver options are restored.

Energy Saving after switching back to r5122

Spoiler

74382233_ScreenShot2021-01-06at10_50_39PM.png.570a58010152f307fbfd6378ece7d86b.png

Whenever I install a new version of CLOVER, I save the config.plist, kexts and ACPI, wipe the EFI, install the new CLOVER from scratch and then restore my config.plist, kexts and ACPI.  I did the same here when I switched back to r5122.

Let me know if you see something in my config that is causing this "loss of Energy Saver settings" that occurs when switching from r5122 to r5127.  My full problem reporting files (after switching back to r5122) are attached.  Thanks!

EDIT: I have confirmed that my GB5 scores are better with CLOVER r5127 than they are with r5122.  With this "restored" r5122 config (same config.plist, same ACPI, same kexts as r5127), my GB5 scores are back to the r5122 benchmarks that I reported here.  Also of interest is that my minimum CPU multiplier (i7-8700) is 13x with r5122 and 10x with r5127 (max multiplier is 46x with both versions).  I may be alone here and you may be right, but I believe there is something different about r5127 that handles energy differently than r5122.  Call me crazy.

cc'ing @MacKonsti

@Slice I don't know what "system profile" information is stored in CLOVER, but could this Energy Saver issue be specific to the MacMini8,1 SMBIOS profile that I am using?  If others don't see this strange behavior and they are specifying a different SMBIOS ...

debug_28480.zip

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 1

Thank you, @MifJpn.  I just switched back to CLOVER r5127 and see the same "loss of Energy Saver settings."  I have done my best to limit the changes to the CLOVER version (r5122 vs. r5127 while retaining the exact same config.plist, kexts and ACPI).

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

After upgrading from r5122 to r5127, I "lost" all but two Energy configuration options as shown below.  I tried deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Power...plists and rebooting, but that did not restore the missing energy options.  The only config.plist changes I made from r5122 to r5127 were to add missing Quirks (which I copied directly from the sample plist). Despite the missing Energy Saver options, sleep/wake still works fine after upgrading from r5122 to r5127.

@MacKonsti Are you by any chance using SMBIOS MacMini8,1 (like I am) with your NUC that is experiencing the Energy Saver issues?

Energy Saver Options with CLOVER r5127

Reveal hidden contents

204647561_ScreenShot2021-01-06at12_15_49PM.png.1a24387e5938e4fd2c4565ae28537690.png

Energy Saver Options with CLOVER r5122

Reveal hidden contents

274108965_ScreenShot2021-01-03at11_13_07PM.png.6f73f939f9fe0c5de7f41688bd46c2a2.png.dbf1dd5f2ba80dc0fb914d7788e5a6d5.png

Yes mate, same Macmini8,1 SMBIOS and exactly the same problem. I reported this few pages back here (13 December) but got no solution, nor some insight from a person who understands the Clover code.
Something must have changed because only CLOVER binary changed (and the handful of drivers used) not Kexts not parameters (and added Quirks instead of AptioMemoryFix) and I also lose wake besides those Energy parameters...

I've given up :(

ALSO:  In my other post here, I asked those that have been hackintoshing since 2010 like myself (like @Slice) about the fact that I remember VERY WELL that it was fully advised to TICK the option "Startup automatically after a power failure". This was in every guide. Is this still the case? Perhaps it was for Chameleon, and early Clover. Any idea if we need this ticked/active at all times? I have it anyway, from old habits... your feedback would be very significant, as usual.

Anyone can justify this setting please?

Edited by MacKonsti
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

@MICKHAEL @MifJpn @Matgen84 @chris1111 - This might help you to identify my "config" problem.  If I retain the exact same config.plist, kexts and ACPI that I'm using with r5127 and I switch back to r5122, all of my Energy Saver options are restored.

Hi @tonyx86 I never see this kind of issue in my system. Can you complete your signature with the details of your configuration, please.

The problem occurs on which macOS Catalina (r5122) or Big Sur (r5127)? I do not understand :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

ALSO:  In my other post here, I asked those that have been hackintoshing since 2010 like myself (like @Slice) about the fact that I remember VERY WELL that it was fully advised to TICK the option "Startup automatically after a power failure". This was in every guide. Is this still the case? Perhaps it was for Chameleon, and early Clover. Any idea if we need this ticked/active at all times? I have it anyway, from old habits... your feedback would be very significant, as usual.

Anyone can justify this setting please?

"Startup automatically after a power failure" means if there is a power blackout your computer will start automatically after the power is restored, there aren't any big meaning in this. If you want your computer to start automatically after a blackout, tick. If not, then untick.

Also about the Power Options. I sold my ASUS Z170 system, but I did have those Power Options on Clover v5127. Maybe it's related to HWP, I have that enabled. I remember days from High Sierra when you only could have those options if you enabled HWP in Clover.

Edited by kushwavez

Hi @kushwavez thanks, I am aware of the true nature of this setting on real Macs. But this was advised from old days to keep it ticked/enabled for a specific reason, most likely related to sleep or wake so that they both work. Not related to rebooting on power-failure really but rather wake, I think. The BIOS (possibly pre-UEFI) was starting with some parameters that older Mac OS X versions did or didn't like. This is a puzzle and can't find an exact technical explanation as either Chameleon or early Clover reference, but I am certain of this been needed in the past. Was hoping that someone would vividly remember why and explain if it is needed.

As an example, look at this https://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=86621: SleepFix: Turn off "use secured virtual memory" in System Preferences->Security ( to get rid of an annoying starting message "Error 192 ...") and Turn On "startup automatically after a power failure" in System Preferences->Energy Saver

Oh so it's "normal". No problem then! 

If it's not so much could you please explain what is changed in Big Sur Recovery? Is it booting directly from "BaseSystem.dmg" so that's why it's not working anymore?

Sorry if I'm babling nonsense, I didn't look into how the new Recovery working so much. :D 

2 hours ago, MifJpn said:

Thank you for your help! 
As promised, I went home and tried it with Clover 5122 and 5127.
As you know, config.plist cannot be the same.

Also, SSDT-PMC.aml for NV-RAM for Intel 300 series is included in both Clover5122 and 5127.

In addition, SSDT-AWAC.aml, SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml, and SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml derived from Dortania are applied to Clover 5127. (I think these are the standard aml after OC integration.)

Kext is also the latest at that time. (Since the result is as follows, the equivalization test was canceled.)

I tried to review your r5127 and r5122 configurations and failed to understand what you were testing or what you were trying to demonstrate.  One config.plist includes boot-arg -lilubetaall when the other does not, one includes DeviceProperties for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) and PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) while the other does not.  Also, your kext versions are different (Lilu is 1.4.7 in one EFI and 1.5.0 in the other EFI).  I really do appreciate your help - do you think these two EFIs are valid tests to determine the differences between r5122 and r5127?

"As you know, config.plist cannot be the same" - I do not agree.  The config.plists can be the same.  r5122 should ignore some of the extra Quirks required by r5127.  I believe that my config.plist is valid for both versions of CLOVER.  Thank you again for your help!

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @tonyx86 I never see this kind of issue in my system. Can you complete your signature with the details of your configuration, please.

The problem occurs on which macOS Catalina (r5122) or Big Sur (r5127)? I do not understand :(

Thank you for your help. The problem occurs in r5127 (if it were in r5122 and fixed in r5127, that would be a good thing - right?).  I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 with both versions of CLOVER.  I have updated my signature - thank you for pointing that out! My system is fully documented here.  Thank you!

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tonyx86 said:

Thank you for your help. The problem occurs in r5127 (if it were in r5122 and fixed in r5127, that would be a good thing - right?).  I believe I have set my signature (Profile > About Me) - is that correct?  My system is fully documented here.  Thank you!

System: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini: Q370 Chipset, I7-8700 CPU, UHD 630 Graphics, 32GB DDR4 (SMBIOS MM8,1)

Thanks. In your topic, your signature is present. To set it, at top right: users/account settings/signature :) Your problem occurs with r5127 on Catalina, right ? I don't find your r5127 EFI folder in your topic.

33 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I don't find your r5127 EFI folder in your topic.

Full problem reporting files (including EFI) for r5127 here.

Full problem reporting files (including EFI) for r5122 here.

Both my r5122 and r5127 EFIs include the exact same config.plist, exact same kexts and exact same ACPI/patched.  The only difference between my two EFIs is CLOVER r5122 vs. CLOVER r5127.

33 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Your problem occurs with r5127 on Catalina, right ?

The problem specifically is this: When I boot Catalina 10.15.7 with CLOVER r5122, my Energy Saver options are these (5 options):

Spoiler

image.png.0f8cfa4af4263ae28c315ee6ba2b93c4.png

When I boot Catalina 10.15.7 with CLOVER r5127, my Energy Saver options are these (only 2 options):

Spoiler

image.png.c986b315774f6dde771a05f17a3ae54f.png

Thank you!

By the way: I hope I do not seem to be complaining - I am NOT.  My system performance is better with r5127 than it is with r5122 (better Geekbench5 multicore benchmarks with r5127 than with r5122, system seems more responsive and I have a new lower CPU multiplier (10x) with r5127 that I don't have with r5122 (13x).  I am very pleased with r5127.  I am only pointing this out, hoping to help identify an issue to be resolved (since it appears to be affecting @MacKonsti sleep/wake and possibly others).

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tonyx86 said:

Full problem reporting files (including EFI) for r5127 here.

Full problem reporting files (including EFI) for r5122 here.

Both my r5122 and r5127 EFIs include the exact same config.plist, exact same kexts and exact same ACPI/patched.  The only difference between my two EFIs is CLOVER r5122 vs. CLOVER r5127.

Thank you!

I take a look to you r5122 EFI folder in your topic. 

r5122 use old Clover way and r5127 use new Clover way (injection,...) :) For r5127, you can't use config.plist (5122 version), old openruntime, ocquirks.... So update your config.plist before using r5127 

Since r5124+, Clover use his own openruntime without ocQuirks. There are some new settings. A topic exists on the forum but I don't remember the name.

Sorry for my bad English.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I take a look to you r5122 EFI folder in your topic. 

r5122 use old Clover way and r5127 use new Clover way (injection,...) :) For r5127, you can't use config.plist (5122 version), old openruntime, ocquirks.... So update your config.plist before using r5127 

Since r5124+, Clover use his own openruntime without ocQuirks. There are some new settings. A topic exists on the forum but I don't remember the name.

I really do appreciate your help!  I believe I have correctly followed the available suggestions (including this guide) for upgrading CLOVER.

3 minutes ago, tonyx86 said:

I really do appreciate your help!  I believe I have correctly followed the available suggestions (including this guide) for upgrading CLOVER.

Do you have the same issue with the new config.plist !

27 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Do you have the same issue with the new config.plist !

I have always been testing with "the new config.plist" and I have always seen the same issue with "the new config.plist."  The issue I reported is with "the new config.plist" in my problem reporting files (which is updated with the additional Quirks as per the guide).  The only change that I made after posting my problem reporting files is that I deleted kexts from /Library/Extensions and rebuilt kextcache (which did not change the issue or fix the problem).  I am using the EXACT SAME UPDATED config.plist for both r5122 and r5127.  My config.plist includes the new Quirks for r5127 (which are ignored by r5122).

EDIT: @Matgen84 If I boot Catalina 10.15.7 with OpenCore 0.6.5 (with exact same kexts and exact same patched ACPI that I use for CLOVER r5127), the Energy Saver options are restored.

Edited by tonyx86
  • Sad 1

@tonyx86 The other day I had taken a quick look at your OC and Clover EFI and if I remember correctly, you don't exactly use the same SSDTs. If it was my hack, for starters, I would use SSDT itself and boot-arg myself on OC and Clover.
Another annotation, if you use the plugin type only with Clover 5127/5128 then the Power Management does not work

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Booting r5128 on HP Prodesk 600 G1 = Slow Boot comparing r5127 (about 30 seconds) System is Big Sur 11.1 (20C69)

Do you use the quirk XhciPortLimit?

It was not working in 5127 and does work in 5128.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Slice said:

Do you use the quirk XhciPortLimit?

It was not working in 5127 and does work in 5128.

No I did not use it

Alright with the XhciPortLimit the boot is like a JET :plane: 

Perfect thanks

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

@tonyx86 The other day I had taken a quick look at your OC and Clover EFI and if I remember correctly, you don't exactly use the same SSDTs. If it was my hack, for starters, I would use SSDT itself and boot-arg myself on OC and Clover.
Another annotation, if you use the plugin type only with Clover 5127/5128 then the Power Management does not work

Thank you for taking the time to look!  For my current testing of r5122 and r5127, I am using the exact same SSDTs.  Interesting that you mention plugin type - I was just about to disable SSDT>Generate>PluginType in CLOVER config.plist and use my plugin-type SSDT... 

Unfortunately, after switching between r5122 and r5127 EFIs, my entire disk is corrupted (I test OC with a separate SSD).  As soon as I figure out what happened and restore (from backup if necessary), I'll try replacing CLOVER's SSDT>Generate>PluginType with SSDT-PLUG.

EDIT: All who are testing r5122 and r5127 - this may be purely a coincidence, but my SSD is currupted after switching back and forth between r5122 and r5127 for testing.  Attempts to repair with diskutilty result in the following:

Checking the space manager

error: (oid 0x6e1d) cib: found zeroed-out block

error: failed to read spaceman cib 0 at address 0x6e1d

Space manager is invalid

The volume /dev/rdisk3s1 could not be verified completely

Thank you!

Edited by tonyx86

25 minutes ago, tonyx86 said:

Thank you for taking the time to look!  For my current testing of r5122 and r5127, I am using the exact same SSDTs.  Interesting that you mention plugin type - I was just about to disable SSDT>Generate>PluginType in CLOVER config.plist and use my plugin-type SSDT... 

it's no coincidence that I mentioned plugin type, recently on macos86.it they detected that using recent Clover, The Power Management did not work, to get him back to work with Clover without using SSDT X PM you had to set also in the

config >> acpi >> SSDT Plugin Type --> 1

over flagging plugin type in generate options

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1