Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,059 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

J'ai créé un dépôt pour ceux qui n'ont pas le temps de tout compiler Clover et de leur permettre de tester les derniers commits des développeurs.
J'allais essayer de télécharger un package pour chaque dernier commit ➤ Clover-PKG

Thanks Chris1111

19 hours ago, yapan4 said:

Thanks, @naiclub

I will test your EFI Folder and do report later...

Hmm, Bootstrap with Clover, it is new for me...

Update: 

With your EFI Folder Big Sur boot Ok. I did not make any changes except set SetupVirtualMap Quirk to No (that is necessary for x299/c422 motherboards).

Black screen with horizontal cursor and POST code 97 went nowhere:(

debug.log

Your problem is most likely caused by the video card is not compatible or not.

12 hours ago, jlrycm said:

@naiclub, appreciate your feedback. If patching is feasible, could you advise in which way / suggest a good guide to follow  in order to make my USB 3.1 external card bus to work?

You need to correct it on your own or have @ MaLd0n .. do it. Which is beyond my capabilities

edit..Which works like my air port Add it by yourself Because it is an external card

I fake the code myself, for example "pci168c, 2b" I fake it as "pci168c, 2a" works with external kext.

Spoiler

1588567834_2563-11-2321_44_56.thumb.png.ab903a5f675ef22c1f69d4f60c547f48.png

Edited by naiclub
  • Like 3

Clover r5126

- Wifi intel Centrino N2230 in my case but I have tested it in other community members

- works with many more cards (almost all)

put AirportItlwm.kext in EFI / Clover / Kext / Others in my case

* can be installed also in other Clover folders as the system used but the kext is specific

* can be installed in Library / Extensions with the Chris1111 Droplet or Hackintool

- for less trouble I always use kext in the bootloader as soon as possible !!! that's my advice everyone follows what they think is best ...

leave here the link of the kext intel

here

Spoiler

1409064728_Capturedecran2020-11-23a15_51_52.thumb.png.d7d2243c4e1e98dc6e0ae7e37d119315.png126136670_Capturedecran2020-11-23a15_50_04.thumb.png.eb3f0ce300a0cdca4b83dea9f4af1bcd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @yapan4

Bootstrap.efi is no more use by Clover. This driver was used when Jief made the first attempts to integrate opencore, in September. It can be deleted :) Have a look to CloverPKG you don't see it.

It is intended for people who like to use boot camp.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, PG7 said:

leave here the link of the kext intel

here

Thanks :) I test this alpha version with Clover r5126 (Other folder): the kext is well injected via Clover, but it's unstable in ac wifi connection (Intel 9560),  and above all we cannot change the country code (ZZ to FR)
Wait and see.

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks :) I test this alpha version with Clover r5126 (Other folder): the kext is well injected via Clover, but it's unstable in ac wifi connection (Intel 9560),  and above all we cannot change the country code (ZZ to FR)
Wait and see.

good afternoon

- test with this Kext to see if it is more stable
as for the region I can't help!

- here I am using it even if the region is not in FR but in ZZ I have no problems or stability!

https://we.tl/t-bjfRLgq0xx

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Wait and see.

I just tried itlwm with an Intel AC-7260 to see if it's improved or not, it's good for light browsing, but nothing else really at this state. I barely hit 7 MB/s speed on 5 GHz, that normally would be like ~80 MB/s.

I also had some very annoying bug when using it with OpenCore, after booting to Windows the wifi cannot be launched and used (error code: 10). Even a CMOS reset couldn't help! The only way to get it working again was to boot with Clover (or delete OC and boot with Windows loader)...strange! I opened a bug report but they said it's a problem with OC.

Well, nice work anyway, not gonna lie. :) 

4 minutes ago, PG7 said:

good afternoon

- test with this Kext to see if it is more stable
as for the region I can't help!

- here I am using it even if the region is not in FR but in ZZ I have no problems or stability!

https://we.tl/t-bjfRLgq0xx

Thanks again :) I talked stability for wifi ac 5GHZ/80Mhz only. 

3 minutes ago, matxpa said:

This repo is archived. Now the good one, is OpenIntelWireless :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Sorry for asking a very basic question here but now that Big Sur is out officially, what is the proper kext folder for Big Sur in Clover?  10.16 or 11.0? Thanks.

Folder --> 11
MatchOS --> 11.x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, naiclub said:

@naiclub  

Some users also point to the video card, I think something is wrong with NVRAM ... the right decisions may be in a completely different place ... well, it's a hackintosh:moil:

Thank you  for your effort.

5 hours ago, naiclub said:

You need to correct it on your own or have @ MaLd0n .. do it. Which is beyond my capabilities

edit..Which works like my air port Add it by yourself Because it is an external card

I fake the code myself, for example "pci168c, 2b" I fake it as "pci168c, 2a" works with external kext.

Hide contents

1588567834_2563-11-2321_44_56.thumb.png.ab903a5f675ef22c1f69d4f60c547f48.png

Hello @naiclub. I hear you. @MaLd0n also helped me doing something similar for my wifi card to work in Big Sur, but for OpenCore. I already posted a request for him to take a look at it but he hasn’t worked yet on it.

3 hours ago, kushwavez said:

I just tried itlwm with an Intel AC-7260 to see if it's improved or not, it's good for light browsing, but nothing else really at this state. I barely hit 7 MB/s speed on 5 GHz, that normally would be like ~80 MB/s.

I also had some very annoying bug when using it with OpenCore, after booting to Windows the wifi cannot be launched and used (error code: 10). Even a CMOS reset couldn't help! The only way to get it working again was to boot with Clover (or delete OC and boot with Windows loader)...strange! I opened a bug report but they said it's a problem with OC.

Well, nice work anyway, not gonna lie. :) 

Spoiler

no comment !

Capture d’écran 2020-11-23 à 21.52.49.png

Capture d’écran 2020-11-23 à 21.49.10.png

52 minutes ago, jlrycm said:

Which works like my air port Add it by yourself Because it is an external card

Boa Noite 

you simulate the 2B in 2A ??? so the original kext already has the 2A inserted .... can you better show your patch for me to understand or are you using the basic Atheros do Repo patch?

Patch repo rehabman :

into method label _DSM parent_label PXSX remove_entry;
into device label PXSX parent_label RP02 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "device-id", Buffer() { 0x30, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "name", "pci168c,30",\n
        "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer() { "AirPort" },\n
        "device_type", Buffer() { "AirPort" },\n
        "model", Buffer() { "Atheros 9285 802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter" },\n
        "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mifjpn said:

Slice, Jeif, Chirs
Thank you for always doing the hard development work.

I apologize to had be using my exaggerating "ethics".

I don't want to lost your morale.

Therefore, my tiny ethics can be disregarded.

You have the skills and morale, you can beat me easiry.

And I'm really sick. It's depression. I actually take dozens of anxiolytics.

I say the truth. I'm afraid that someone is scared here,and can not talk here.

I can understand PG7 said, thus,it's not a good idea for anyone to eliminate developers time.
Therefore if someone can not codeing source,they must be not talk.

So I apologize that I had demoralize you.

I want to eliminate all that can interfere with your time.

I would especially like to thank Chris and Jief and Slice for their moderation.

Thank you.
And I'm sorry.

I hope that many voices will come together and that Clover will be great.

I think you are too nervous or not. Don't think too much The blood vessels in the brain will be broken.:)

• Like 1

Hi all. 
I’m not sure which commit I’m using but I’m using clover 5126 on both my machines and recently I’m getting very slow boot. On my intel laptop the first “stall” happens here

Spoiler

210C92C0-B017-492F-B42A-1034A85EFF53.thumb.jpeg.af08d9c9e60b7bb852510dbf42631ffa.jpeg

then I get a few of these

Spoiler

210C92C0-B017-492F-B42A-1034A85EFF53.thumb.jpeg.af08d9c9e60b7bb852510dbf42631ffa.jpeg

but it’s a long process but eventually boots but cpu usage is maxed out. Running Big Sur 11.1 beta. I can upload my EFI if needed. 

Spoiler

64A91CF8-A0D3-4975-B22B-CAB9CAADEEBE.jpeg

10 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

but it’s a long process but eventually boots but cpu usage is maxed out. Running Big Sur 11.1 beta. I can upload my EFI if needed. 

put your EFI to try to understand