Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,111 posts in this topic

Hi Clover Users,

I update my Z390 machine to Sequoia 15.1 Beta 5. Now, I can't boot Clover: blackscreen, underscore at top left ! It is not a new issue: each time, I update Clover it's happen.

There is solution ? Any idea ?

• Like 1

5 horas atrás, naiclub disse:

Revela conteúdo oculto

2567-09-2514_51_28.thumb.png.9603fbbc2073a48b18a8b354a6441769.png

Após a inicialização no OC, ele aparecerá como na imagem <key>boot-args</key>
<string>-v watchdog=0 agdpmod=pikera alcid=12 npci=0x3000 -wegnoigpu e1000=0 -lilubetaall revcpu=1</string>

Querido amigo, tentei seguir seu conselho, mas não funcionou. E outra coisa, tentei editar a tabela de RAM para mostrá-la, mas ela não inicializou de um um to.

Por favor, me perdoe.

Esta é uma pergunta na minha mente. 108 pontos. É possível fazer o Clover funcionar como o Orencore pode? E outra coisa, eu tenho seguido e usado por quase 10 anos, desde a era pioneira. Receio que ele se apaite como Camelon, que floresceu por um tempo.

@Naiclube

Hi my friend, I hope you can adjust your Nvram, I believe you will. I really believe it could be something related to the memory settings as I told you, or some adjustment. 

As for Clover, I am already grateful for everyone who has helped so far, so as long as God gives health and patience to Slice (and team) and Chris1111 too (The Wizard!) and we will have a good chance of surviving the times of ARM or M3 processors. 

Clover has Opencore built into it. The problem is the unity of the teams, they are great minds with many talents, but few continue to help Slice, as until recently he was alone on the project. 

They are people with the ability that I never had, because it was not my profession, to program and improve everything.

I'm perhaps an average level user, less than advanced, but I managed to make Clover easier to use than the complexity of Opencore.

Chameleon was a really good, but like Slice said in Manual, the developers not go ahead to update. So o prefere peace and simplicity instead of complex menus and many challengers like use Opencore. Always used until Clover updates and show that much better for my necessites. I haven patients with dozens things to do for boot, and a really need use my hack with stability and simplicity. For now, I prefere Clover. 

Have a nice and good day my friend and all

:thumbsup_anim:

@Matgen84 my friend, i will try update here, for check this for you. Maybe it's some problem with WEG? Are you try -lilubetaall ?

Can I suggest you should try some beta boot-arg to fix this ? If you can I could help you more later in PM. See you!! 

:sorcerer:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

@Matgen84 my friend, i will try update here, for check this for you. Maybe it's some problem with WEG? Are you try -lilubetaall ?

Can I suggest you should try some beta boot-arg to fix this ? If you can I could help you more later in PM. See you!! 

@Max.1974 Thanks my friend. You're right, PM is the place for helping me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

@Naiclube

Hi my friend, I hope you can adjust your Nvram, I believe you will. I really believe it could be something related to the memory settings as I told you, or some adjustment. 

As for Clover, I am already grateful for everyone who has helped so far, so as long as God gives health and patience to Slice (and team) and Chris1111 too (The Wizard!) and we will have a good chance of surviving the times of ARM or M3 processors. 

Clover has Opencore built into it. The problem is the unity of the teams, they are great minds with many talents, but few continue to help Slice, as until recently he was alone on the project. 

They are people with the ability that I never had, because it was not my profession, to program and improve everything.

I'm perhaps an average level user, less than advanced, but I managed to make Clover easier to use than the complexity of Opencore.

Chameleon was a really good, but like Slice said in Manual, the developers not go ahead to update. So o prefere peace and simplicity instead of complex menus and many challengers like use Opencore. Always used until Clover updates and show that much better for my necessites. I haven patients with dozens things to do for boot, and a really need use my hack with stability and simplicity. For now, I prefere Clover. 

Have a nice and good day my friend and all

:thumbsup_anim:

@Max.1974 Hello friends, unfortunately, developers are gradually disappearing, particularly @Jief_Machak, I still miss him. He was involved in making Clover work, which was in time for the big change until today. He disappeared from the industry. In my opinion, I think he was pressured too much by users.

Until he couldn't stand it anymore and stopped developing. Clover has different advantages from opencoree, but now it seems that Clover has reached a dead end or not, and it's sad. And it seems that opencore is more powerful, becoming more user-friendly. Customization will be easier and less complicated every day. There are developers updating all the time. Anyway, I still want Clover to stay, especially paying more attention so that they can be a replacement boot partner for each other.

Please forgive me if some of my words were not polite. I use Google Translate.

Edited by naiclub
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, naiclub said:

I still miss him

Thanks. I'm still there ! Just not as much time as in 2020 (I was so sick with Covid that the only thing I could do is to sit at the computer). I can't check the forum. I only check notification if I'm mentionned. But if there is a big problem, I always respond to private messages.

I wasn't pressurize, don't worry.

The thing we never were able to get is good documentation. In my opinion, that's what makes OC more popular. It's simpler to start with the Dortania guide than with what we have, I suppose.
If there is a need for a fix, let me know.
If I don't have any message, I just assume it's working... Therefore I'm not needed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Thanks. I'm still there ! Just not as much time as in 2020 (I was so sick with Covid that the only thing I could do is to sit at the computer). I can't check the forum. I only check notification if I'm mentionned. But if there is a big problem, I always respond to private messages.

I wasn't pressurize, don't worry.

The thing we never were able to get is good documentation. In my opinion, that's what makes OC more popular. It's simpler to start with the Dortania guide than with what we have, I suppose.
If there is a need for a fix, let me know.
If I don't have any message, I just assume it's working... Therefore I'm not needed.

@Jief_Machak I have made Clover Documentation Site without any suggestion or improvement.

I would have liked someone to get involved but nothing happens

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Nice, didn't know that.

@everyone : what, in your opinion, makes people choosing OC over Clover ?

In my opinion it's online advertising and especially that real Macs use OpenCore and not Clover

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Nice, didn't know that.

@everyone : what, in your opinion, makes people choosing OC over Clover ?

For me, In the earlier years OC drew a lot of curiosity and popularity because there was good documentation and the development was moving fast. OC also being behind OCLP made it a familiar “brand”. But Clover is simpler in certain things that are important for me.

• Like 2

Real Macs can't use Clover ? I did that on a MacPro some years back, I think.

Because Clover is using OpenCore inside, I thought for a while to make a Clover able to read an OC config.plist. That way, if you are an OC user, you can try Clover by just dropping Clover.efi in the OC folder. But hey, time, time, time...

Just now, jlrycm said:

OC also being behind OCLP

Yes, it seems a nice work to boot unsupported macOS version.

• Like 4

@Jief_Machak

I would have loved it if Clover could boot the new macOS without having OC because if you look before that Clover was ahead for a miles

OC could boot Big Sur and clover was waiting for your OC integration development it took several months, fortunately you succeeded BIG BIG Thanks to you  but during this time people started using OC
and it only increased

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

fortunately you succeeded but during this time people started using OC

Because i never use the latest macOS, it took me some time to realize that it wasn't working anymore... I thought I'd do that as a quick fix and then Clover kernel link module will be updated and Clover will stop using Clover.
But yeah, the "quick fix" took some time, and then stayed there...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Because i never use the latest macOS, it took me some time to realize that it wasn't working anymore... I thought I'd do that as a quick fix and then Clover kernel link module will be updated and Clover will stop using Clover.
But yeah, the "quick fix" took some time, and then stayed there...

@Jief_Machak  would you be able to make a Github branch of  without OC test? That would be great :thumbsup_anim: @Slice  would be very happy I think

I'm sure there would be a lot of testers

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Not sure what you mean. A Clover not using OC ? This would be quite some work as we have to rewrite the kernel linker.

@Jief_Machak

Yes A Clover without using OC 

roll back to the good old time :moil: :guitar: 

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

It's a full time job for quite a while. I can quit mine, if the Clover community wants to pay my salary 😀 !

Hello, @Jief_Machak  salary is a big deal for many people. Is it good or not? You can open donations as you wish. Because if you have to accept monthly, I think it will be a business. In this way, something that has been used for many years and is free will become copyrighted. It will further emphasize that users who used to believe in it will turn their backs on it. I'm not sure if anyone will use it in the future. In fact, I don't want to dismantle the existing and good structure. I just want it to be improved to keep up with OpenCore and Clover. It seems that it is far behind.

• Like 2

@Jief_Machak i think that many guys here will make a  Donation for project.

In fact, already try do it, but not find Donation page. And PayPal denied do it to Serguei Slice.

I think  you, chris1111 and Slice will get many contributors. 

I support OCLP project and manu others with small donations but trying help many people for some way. 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 3

On 9/24/2024 at 5:23 AM, Slice said:

Hello all!

I translated my book to English.

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/download/5160/Clover_Of_Khaki_Color_5160-en.pdf

It is not manual but rather a history of Hackintosh. It is documentation on Clover in past and in present in its historical. It is a swarm of hackintosh instructions.

Sorry for google translated text. If someone with native English has some notes then I can provide editable ODT version. Just ask me.

Would  Have Been NICE To Have A Bit Of A WriteUp About My Little Tool, CloverGrower, But Nice Job

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

It's a full time job for quite a while. I can quit mine, if the Clover community wants to pay my salary 😀 !

@Jief_Machak

Do it as spare time, Clover works from 10.6 to macOS 15 for now,  its not an emegency, like  before.

Clover has its advantages as OpenCore has its advantages. but it would be a huge + to use only Clover, then maybe with new future again.

I think the community would rediscover this magnificent bootloader!  And it would be up to everyone to put it back in the front.

One thing I know is that the community loves Classic Mac themes like those from OpenCore, they should be reintegrated into the Packages (PKG Installer) and let users choose which themes they want to use.

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

It was just kidding about paying a salary.

Who want to pour $$$$ to get the same thing at the end ? And I don't have that much spare time...

@Jief_Machak

I knew you were joking 😀
It's sad that @Zenith432 left hackintosh because he could have done it I'm sure

If you have time please check VoodooHDA on Github

https://github.com/r/VoodooHDA

Kexts injection not working in bootloader since Big Sur 

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, chris1111 said:

@Jief_Machak I have made Clover Documentation Site without any suggestion or improvement.

I would have liked someone to get involved but nothing happens

Hello, @chris1111 I went in and read it and it felt very easy to understand. It is step by step and well organized.
thank you very much

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1