Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,146 posts in this topic

hey have anyone any luck with booting sequoia with clover and get fenvi wifi going?

and if so whats the secrets plse.

19 minutes ago, galisrule said:

hey have anyone any luck with booting sequoia with clover and get fenvi wifi going?

and if so whats the secrets plse.

Here @galisrule

My OCLP run smooth on Sequoia Beta 3 with Clover 5159 

CapturadeTela2024-07-11s04_54_28.png.5c2a006a8a46e70f13283823da7976cb.pngCapturadeTela2024-07-11s05_58_12.png.2e71382d77e9d656ad97641cb595f9d7.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.518c3a19c799c4ba237c6bd4d99bda16.png

• Like 1

I would like to boot my Sonoma 14.5 with Clover but it was long time ago I used it so I'm not sure what to choose here when installing Clover, any idea?

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 23.15.40.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, axonleo said:

I would like to boot my Sonoma 14.5 with Clover but it was long time ago I used it so I'm not sure what to choose here when installing Clover, any idea?

Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 23.15.40.png

Maybe this 2 full videos will help you 

Spoiler

Step by step Configure Clover on Sonoma 

Spoiler

Clover always up to date 

https://github.com/hnanoto/CloverBootloader-Hackintosh-and-Beyond 

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1

HI everybody

From Clover GUI, my icons (128x128) seems too big on my 27" monitor (1080p) and Z390 machine. No such problem on 24" monitor (1080p) and my old Ivybridge system.

Of course UIScale=1 for each config. Despite a lot of search, I don't find the reason.

Any ideas.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

HI everybody

From Clover GUI, my icons (128x128) seems too big on my 27" monitor (1080p)

You Sure Your Monitor Is 1080p, My 27inch iMac Is 1440p

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Maybe this 2 full videos will help you 

Reveal hidden contents

Step by step Configure Clover on Sonoma 

Reveal hidden contents

Clover always up to date 

https://github.com/hnanoto/CloverBootloader-Hackintosh-and-Beyond 

I don't think I could understand much from these videos unfortunately.. could you please take a look at my working config file from OC that works in Sonoma 15.4 and cross match it with clover original config file?

config plist.zip

• Like 1

2 horas atrás, axonleo disse:

I don't think I could understand much from these videos unfortunately.. could you please take a look at my working config file from OC that works in Sonoma 15.4 and cross match it with clover original config file?

config plist.zip 22.64 kB · 0 downloads

Yes, sure. It's possible you post your EFI here ? 

We need see what you have. And If your hardware is Sandy Brigge im not think is compatible with new systems. What's macOs are you using, or expect (thinking)  use? 

Edited by Max.1974

8 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Yes, sure. It's possible you post your EFI here ? 

We need see what you have. And If your hardware is Sandy Brigge im not think is compatible with new systems. What's macOs are you using, or expect (thinking)  use? 

Im using OC 1.0.0 with Sonoma 14.5 everything is working so so not so fast or smooth and hopping booting with Clover will fix that.

file.png

EFI.zip

• Like 1

22 hours ago, STLVNUB said:

You Sure Your Monitor Is 1080p, My 27inch iMac Is 1440p

Yes, I'm sure. Have a look to my signature iIyama XB2783HSU - 1920x1080 

Icons are really too big on Clover GUI. Maybe there is a parameter for UI scale !

screenshot0.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 3

Hi Max.1974 no problem, i tried the efi and couldn't boot with it when i placed it in the EFI partition, it was just black no text or boot menu or anything.. i guess clover isnt that flexible when just copy pasting efi folder like with opencore or did i miss something ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, axonleo said:

Hi Max.1974 no problem, i tried the efi and couldn't boot with it when i placed it in the EFI partition, it was just black no text or boot menu or anything.. i guess clover isnt that flexible when just copy pasting efi folder like with opencore or did i miss something ?

Sorry not working my friend, maybe you should try directly from Olarila basics EFI. Hope that works for you!!

:plane:

• Like 1

Hi @Slice

From my Z390 config, I can't boot Sequoia dev Beta 3 with r5159 (commit: 0b4a4018d )= Black screen after 3rd stage update, and after... I try lastest OC nightly without problems !

Maybe I made a mistake, but where...

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

Bro some are having problems with latest OCLP Nightly try this one instead if you haven't already - https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/actions/runs/9783955206.

The black screen issue I am not sure about though. I think there is a fix that solved that problem.

Good luck.

Thanks

Hey Bro. I don't use OCLP for my Z390. After a lot of test, I can boot Sequoia Beta 3 but I don't known how. Strangely, booting from Sequoia is now very slowly.

EDIT: not working again >>> Black screen 🥲

Edited by Matgen84
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks

Hey Bro. I don't use OCLP for my Z390. After a lot of test, I can boot Sequoia Beta 3 but I don't known how. Strangely, booting from Sequoia is now very slowly.

Sorry Man my bad, I forgot you’re using Clover as your boot loader.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks

I see no reason for such behaviour. I successfully update my Sequoia to beta 3 using Clover 5159. And work here day after day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 7/18/2024 at 10:22 AM, Matgen84 said:

Thanks

Hi my friend, maybe you should try this project EFI from GitHub Z390 

If your Gpu RX580 (to me mine works Native) try enable CSM on Bios to try with HDMI cable. 

https://github.com/joostiphone/Z390-Hackintosh-Joost 

https://github.com/joostiphone/Z390-Hackintosh-Joost/releases/tag/v1.0.1.2 

Hackintosh build using a Z390 Designare, i7, RX 6800 XT, 32GB RAM and Fenvi T919. 

You can try check here im tested once, and works 

https://hackindrom.zapto.org 

image.thumb.png.38901c56ffc8a34e93d019e082db8851.png

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Max.1974 Thanks for your help. I'm going to take a close look at these tutorials/

So far I've had no problems with my MSI Radeon RX580 card, but now I'm strangely free of black screens with no access to the system. On the other hand, the screen remains black for a long time before the login screen appears.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@Max.1974 Thanks for your help. I'm going to take a close look at these tutorials/

So far I've had no problems with my MSI Radeon RX580 card, but now I'm strangely free of black screens with no access to the system. On the other hand, the screen remains black for a long time before the login screen appears.

Thanks too my brother, I know that RX580 is one of the best cards, but some colleagues bought those Chinese 2048p something like that, and in fact they are RX 470 or 480 hardware. So I bought a native Sapphire RX 580 for my pet desktop and rebooked it, a Coffe Lake i3 nuam very bad board from Asus, B360M that I bought for the children because of the pandemic. I was surprised that everything works well with the RX. As I have a cheap Chinese one that I retired, I had to flash the bios on it with the ROM from the real RX 580. But it only runs even with the CSM turned on. A "stupid" sign from Aliexpress hehehe!! Now the real and only new sealed one I found has arrived. Good luck and if you need us, we're at your disposal, brother. Hug!!

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 10:49 AM, Matgen84 said:

Yes, I'm sure. Have a look to my signature iIyama XB2783HSU - 1920x1080 

Icons are really too big on Clover GUI. Maybe there is a parameter for UI scale !

screenshot0.png

hello Matgen84

could you share the clover theme

thanks

• Like 1

Hi

Since Sequoia Beta 3, boot args -v do not work (Clover latest commit). So no verbose, only black before macOS login screen.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2