Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Slice said:

What do you think about issue #376?

Problem comes from this :

main.cpp:1597 calls
    StartEFILoadedImage(ImageHandle, LoadOptions, Basename(LoaderPath.wc_str()), LoaderPath.basename(), NULL);
and in StartEFILoadedImage (main.cpp:240), there is:
    loadOptionsW = SWPrintf("%ls %s ", LoadOptionsPrefix, LoadOptions.ConcatAll(" "_XS8).c_str());

Result is that the first arg is always the basename of the loaderpath. I don't know why it's like that.

Replacing main.cpp:240 by

loadOptionsW = SWPrintf("%s", LoadOptions.ConcatAll(" "_XS8).c_str());

make it works for that case.

For what the basename as first parameter is needed ?

Just now, Slice said:

M-m-m-m....

I never used custom entries and don't know details.

The name of the booter file is pass as first parameter for all boot non-osx boot. All Windows, Linux, Other boot.

So does Windows need the booter name in first parameter, Linux ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I removed the first load option.

Anyone with non-osx boot, please test. 

CLOVERX64.efi 1.26 MB · 5 downloads

linux mageia and windows started without any problem on the Z67 Z68 :P and Z370 where I tested this release of Clover :thanks_speechbubble:

Edited by iCanaro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, maclinuxG4 said:

hi i try last version and take 33 seconde instead 11 second to boot.

what the matter ?

I you tried my efi, it's a debug version = slower.

Yes Boot->Debug will make it slower, especially on some USB stick, but DEBUG version are non-optimized and the code is also inherently slower.

Edited by Jief_Machak
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

J'ai supprimé la première option de chargement.

N'importe qui avec un démarrage non-osx, veuillez tester. 

hello to everyone and the whole team

tested here and working 100%
boot on windows 10

Spoiler

406595231_Capturedecran2021-03-23a11_52_42.thumb.png.acf17bf7fbd14074c0f99fd50ef62cb6.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I've committed now.

This commit is a refactoring, as usual. Which means, report the least behaviour change, please, but DON'T modify your config to workaround.

The specific point I'd like to be tested, is custom entries and sub entries. If you have some of them configured, please test that it goes as usual.

Thanks.

@Jief_Machak

On a Laptop Asus X75VB IvyBridge (with MBP11,3 SMBIOS) I5-3340M, HD4000

Starting Clover revision: 5131 (master, commit 829fd040d) on American Megatrends EFI 
Build id: 20210322154001-829fd04-dirty
Build with: [Args: -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D LESS_DEBUG -t XCODE8 | -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D LESS_DEBUG --conf=/Users/xxxxx/CloverBootloader/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 5 | OS: 11.2.3]

BOOT OK  with r5131 (829fd040d) on the next 5 CustomEntries (without SubEntries) in info.plist GUI section 

On Internal SSD 2,5" Crucial MX100 500 Gb

Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91) : Preboot                                              item 1 in info.plist GUI/Custom/Entries

Big Sur 11.2.3 (20D91) : Recovery                                            item 2 in info.plist GUI/Custom/Entries

On External SSD mSata EVO 860 250 Gb

Big Sur  beta4 11.3 (20E5210c) : Preboot                                item 3 in info.plist GUI/Custom/Entries

Big Sur beta4 11.3 (20E5210c) : Recovery                               item 4 in info.plist GUI/Custom/Entries

On Internal HDD 2,5" WD Black 500 Gb Sata III 7200

Win10 x64 20h2                                                                          item 5 in info.plist GUI/Custom/Entries

Thanks

Best regards

Capture d’écran 2021-03-23 à 11.32.59.png

Capture d’écran 2021-03-23 à 11.33.33.png

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

I you tried my efi, it's a debug version = slower.

Yes Boot->Debug will make it slower, especially on some USB stick, but DEBUG version are non-optimized and the code is also inherently slower.

i recompil all each time

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes, possible too. But do the same way on the previous version and the slow version.

Sure, debug.log in previous version is fast because it is not saved every line. It was useless because same as preboot.log.

6 minutes ago, Slice said:

Sure, debug.log in previous version is fast because it is not saved every line

I think you are a bit stubborn here. Debug WAS saved at every line.

I've told many time to look at the end of the new "SaveMessageToDebugLogFile()", there is "closeDebugLog()".

You were convinced that the log was not generated on panic but in fact it was not generated at ALL because of no configuration in Clover.dsc for release version.

Proof is : you wasted time to re-import old functions and they did the same for release version : no log.

So the problem you had with release version was NOT because of the new log function. Period.

34 minutes ago, Slice said:

The fact is debug.log now saved and second fact that in this case clover works much slowly. I see timings.

That's true. What wasn't true is the reason why and when it wasn't saved.

That is not true :

3 hours ago, Slice said:

Sure, debug.log in previous version is fast because it is not saved every line

The diagnosis was wrong.

when) Right = never generated for release even for successful boot. Wrong = because of a panic.

why) Right = because it was configured in Clover.dsc. Wrong = because log file closed at every line.

These are just the facts too. Gdb can be used to prove it. In fact, that's how I got the right diagnosis.