Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,136 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

But for example another rename is working. _INI is a method too.

_SB.PCI0.RP09._INI -> XINI

• _SB.PCI0 (Scope)
  • RP09 (Device)
  • _INI (Method)

[...]
4:250  0:000  Name: _INI, Bridge: RP09, Replace: XINI
4:253  0:003    1 replacements
[...]

So I suppose _GPE.NTFY -> XTFY should work too, but it doesn't.

I suppose  that Bridge must be a device: Scope/Device/Method works for INI --> XINI. Maybe this is the reason why RenameDevice don't work for _GPE

[...]
0:712  0:000  NTFY:_GPE:->will be renamed to XTFY
[...]
4:851  0:003  Name: NTFY, Bridge: _GPE, Replace: XTFY
4:852  0:001    0 replacements
[...]

• Like 1

Hmm.. yes that must be it. I tried with _SB.PCI0.RP09._PS3 too, but that doesn't work either.

• _SB.PCI0.RP09 (Scope)
  • _PS3 (Method)
0:742  0:000  _PS3:RP09:PCI0:_SB_:->will be renamed to XPS3
[...]
7:700  0:001  Name: _PS3, Bridge: RP09, Replace: XPS3
7:705  0:003    0 replacements

But then any idea how can I rename them? 

I need to patch ONLY one match, so I can't use hex rename patch because that will rename all matches.

Any idea @Slice?

_GPE.NTFY is the reason why my TB3 SSDT can't load up.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, kushwavez said:

Hmm.. yes that must be it. I tried with _SB.PCI0.RP09._PS3 too, but that doesn't work either.

• _SB.PCI0.RP09 (Scope)
  • _PS3 (Method)

0:742  0:000  _PS3:RP09:PCI0:_SB_:->will be renamed to XPS3
[...]
7:700  0:001  Name: _PS3, Bridge: RP09, Replace: XPS3
7:705  0:003    0 replacements

But then any idea how can I rename them? 

I need to patch ONLY one match, so I can't use hex rename patch because that will rename all matches.

Any idea @Slice?

_GPE.NTFY is the reason why my TB3 SSDT can't load up.

What is your Clover version? It was repaired recently https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/commit/e1a49a85b9f644e718f8d042444ea52a2e37f570

But may be you have a new bug.

I will check a little later.

Sorry, no. The procedure is RenameDevices. It can't rename methods.

So rename _SB.PCI0.RP09._INI -> XINI shouldn't work.

Ok, I will look if it is possible to extend functionality.

The problem will be with the method call. You probably want the method will never called? You probably can to Find/Replace this call.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Slice said:

Sorry, no. The procedure is RenameDevices. It can't rename methods.

So rename _SB.PCI0.RP09._INI -> XINI shouldn't work.

unfortunate. But it's working for now, even if because a bug. :D 

4 hours ago, Slice said:

Ok, I will look if it is possible to extend functionality.

That would be neat, thanks.

4 hours ago, Slice said:

The problem will be with the method call. You probably want the method will never called? You probably can to Find/Replace this call.

Yes, I want to replace NTFY to XTFY inside _GPE scope. The problem is, if I simply use find/replace, that is replacing all matches, not just inside the _GPE Scope. 

Hmm.. well, I'll locate that exact NTFY with HexFiend in the .aml, see what before or after and add that to find/replace. That could work.

So yes, HexFiend worked, but I found some (cosmetic I guess) issue.

If I rename something that is not in DSDT, but in SSDT, log says "bin not found / already patched" even if it's being patched.

For example _UPC to XUPC (_UPC is ONLY in SSDT's, not in DSDT): I looked up my SSDT-4.aml with HexFiend to find the pattern, found:

• _UPC? (5F555043 08A4)
  • 6_UPC (365F5550 43)
  • %_UPC (255F5550 43)

If I look at the log, it says:

10:786  0:000   - [_UPC? to XUPC]: pattern 5F555043, bin not found / already patched!
10:786  0:000   - [6_UPC to XUPC]: pattern 365F5550, bin not found / already patched!
10:786  0:000   - [%_UPC to XUPC]: pattern 255F5550, bin not found / already patched!

In this case this msg is at the first attempt for patch, so it isn't "already patched"

But they're patched, looking at my SSDT-4, so that's why I say it's cosmetic issue:

1216517037_Kpernyfot2021-03-11-10_55_10.thumb.png.8edc63565ddda8967380dbb657069762.png

If it's in my DSDT, for example _GPE.NTFY (CGNTFY: 43474E54 4659) to XTFY it says:

10:787  0:000   - [GPE_NTFY to XTFY]: pattern 43474E54, patched at: [ (16B81) ]

So, in DSDT it's reporting correctly.

I think I'm gonna report these on GitHub, just for better tracking.

But at least finally my Thunderbolt Hot-Plug is working fine!

1244640385_Kpernyfot2021-03-11-11_50_12.thumb.png.c0f3a837e19f02d676fc418a1abd14dd.png

EDIT: reported them on Github for better tracking:

#379 Binpatch: "bin not found / already patched" if the pattern is in SSDT, but it's being patched even so

#378 [Enhancement] Use RenameDevices for Methods too

Edited by kushwavez
  • Like 2

Hi @Jief_Machak hope you are well. Can I kindly ask you to update your CloverValidator excellent tool to change the expected tags for <key>RenameDevices</key> ?

I get now  Error: Expecting tag 'dict' at line 244.

According to @Slice post in the Clover updates:

New Clover proposes to rewrite this as:
            <key>RenameDevices</key>
            <array>
            	<dict>
                	<key>_SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX</key>
                	<string>UPSB</string>
            	</dict>
             	<dict>
                	<key>_SB.PCI0.RP05.UPSB.DSB1.NHI0</key>
                	<string>UPS0</string>
                </dict>
           		<dict>
                	<key>_SB.PCI0.RP03.PXSX</key>
                	<string>BRG3</string>
            	</dict>
            </array>
In this case the order will be guaranteed.

Thank you!
(it's also a good opportunity to put a version in your too, too! Your safe bet is the date like iasl tool :D:D )

Hi @Slice yes I am aware that now you allow <arrays> and afterwards inside <dict> entries, so I was hoping @Jief_Machak would be able to update his CloverValidator tool for Clover r5131+ for us :D
Many thanks to both.

P.S. Perhaps it would be a good idea to package CloverValidator with the newer Clover releases? It's extremely useful...

Edited by MacKonsti
  • Like 3

@Slice I tried to boot with timeout but cannot reproduce yet.

How did you compile gcc 10.3 ? Could you send me the zip of that gcc folder, so I can test with the exact same compiler you used ?

Could you send me the qemu img ? And the launch command ? Maybe there is something in my config that make it work...

11 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Slice : do you mean that boot with pressing a key always works, and boot with timeout crash (before commit 45801ef2da07a163d27e513559fc5125b0546d67 "correct use of virtual pointer" ) ?

Yes, there are user's reports about this. I just reproduce this with qemu.

1 minute ago, Slice said:

Yes, there are user's reports about this. I just reproduce this with qemu.

I did too, but no problem.

If it's just a GCC 10.3 bug, I think we should just ban that version that brings nothing more to Clover, instead of doing strange fix that just clutters the code. That's why I'd like to test and reproduce.

Could you send me your compiler ?

error compilation

Spoiler

Please enter your choice:  1) build Clover

2) build Clover with HFSPlus

3) make pkg

4) make app

5) make app (with Clover)

6) make iso

7) build all

8) test build (no autogen, no boot files)

9) status

10) update Clover

11) show diff

12) open CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER directory

13) update Clover (reset changes)

14) clean BaseTools

15) quit

Please enter your choice: 10

[UPDATE CLOVER]

Fetching origin

Fetching submodule OpenCorePkg

From https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader

* branch                master     -> FETCH_HEAD

Already up-to-date.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

buildme, Clover r5131 (SHA: 3fb08d97f)

TOOLCHAIN: GCC53 (override example: './buildme XCODE8')

1) build Clover

2) build Clover with HFSPlus

3) make pkg

4) make app

5) make app (with Clover)

6) make iso

7) build all

8) test build (no autogen, no boot files)

9) status

10) update Clover

11) show diff

12) open CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER directory

13) update Clover (reset changes)

14) clean BaseTools

15) quit

Please enter your choice: 7

[CHECK XCODE]

WORKSPACE: /Users/utente/CloverBootloader

EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/BaseTools

CONF_PATH: /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf

Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/build_rule.template

to /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf/build_rule.txt

Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/tools_def.template

to /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf/tools_def.txt

Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/target.template

to /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf/target.txt

[BUILD CLOVER]

TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/toolchain

NASM_PREFIX: /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/toolchain/bin/

NASM_VER: 2.15.05

Initializing workspace

recreate Conf folder

WORKSPACE: /Users/utente/CloverBootloader

EDK_TOOLS_PATH: /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/BaseTools

CONF_PATH: /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf

Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/build_rule.template

to /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf/build_rule.txt

Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/tools_def.template

to /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf/tools_def.txt

Copying $EDK_TOOLS_PATH/Conf/target.template

to /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf/target.txt

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:

build  -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t GCC53 -n 13 

Build environment: Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit

Build start time: 12:32:25, Mar.15 2021

WORKSPACE        = /Users/utente/CloverBootloader

EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/BaseTools

CONF_PATH        = /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Conf

Processing meta-data .Architecture(s)  = X64

Build target     = RELEASE

Toolchain        = GCC53

Active Platform          = /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Clover.dsc

...build: : warning: Module MetaFile [Sources] is missing local header!

Local Header: /users/utente/cloverbootloader/refit_uefi/cpp_unit_test/strcasecmp_test.h not found in /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf

build: : warning: Module MetaFile [Sources] is missing local header!

Local Header: /users/utente/cloverbootloader/refit_uefi/cpp_unit_test/strcasecmp_test.h not found in /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf

done!

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiFileHandleLib/UefiFileHandleLib.inf [X64]

make: Nothing to be done for `tbuild'.

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiDriverEntryPoint/UefiDriverEntryPoint.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/HdaDevicesLib/HdaDevicesLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseSynchronizationLib/BaseSynchronizationLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BasePciLibCf8/BasePciLibCf8.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/DuetTimerLib/DuetTimerLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BasePciCf8Lib/BasePciCf8Lib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/DxeHobLib/DxeHobLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseIoLibIntrinsic/BaseIoLibIntrinsic.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiLib/UefiLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiDevicePathLib/UefiDevicePathLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiRuntimeServicesTableLib/UefiRuntimeServicesTableLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiMemoryAllocationLib/UefiMemoryAllocationLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BasePrintLib/BasePrintLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiBootServicesTableLib/UefiBootServicesTableLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseMemoryLib/BaseMemoryLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugLibNull/BaseDebugLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BasePcdLibNull/BasePcdLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/DevicePathDxe/DevicePathDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/DumpUefiCalls/DumpUefiCalls.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/UefiCpuPkg/CpuIo2Dxe/CpuIo2Dxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/HiiDatabaseDxe/HiiDatabaseDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcDebugLogLibOc2Clover/OcDebugLogLibOc2Clover.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/WaveLib/WaveLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/OpensslLib/OpensslLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleKernelLib/OcAppleKernelLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcDeviceTreeLib/OcDeviceTreeLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcCpuLib/OcCpuLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcRtcLib/OcRtcLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/FrameBufferBltLib/FrameBufferBltLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/UefiCpuPkg/Library/MtrrLib/MtrrLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseCpuLib/BaseCpuLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeSecurityManagementLib/DxeSecurityManagementLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleBootPolicyLib/OcAppleBootPolicyLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcDataHubLib/OcDataHubLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Platform/OpenRuntime/OpenRuntime.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcDevicePathLib/OcDevicePathLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/VBoxFsDxe/VBoxIso9660.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcUnicodeCollationEngLib/OcUnicodeCollationEngGenericLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/VideoBiosPatchLib/VideoBiosPatchLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/PartitionDxe/PartitionDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/AcpiReset/Reset.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAfterBootCompatLib/OcAfterBootCompatLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcOSInfoLib/OcOSInfoLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcRngLib/OcRngLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/PcAtChipsetPkg/8254TimerDxe/8254Timer.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/AppleImageCodec/AppleImageCodec.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/AppleKeyAggregator/AppleKeyAggregator.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Platform/OpenCore/OpenCoreLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiUsbLib/UefiUsbLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcInputLib/OcInputLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleImageVerificationLib/OcAppleImageVerificationLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleSecureBootLib/OcAppleSecureBootLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/OsxAcpiTableDxe/AcpiTableDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/ApfsDriverLoader/ApfsDriverLoader.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleUserInterfaceThemeLib/OcAppleUserInterfaceThemeLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleKeysLib/OcAppleKeysLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/OhciDxe/OhciDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/CpuExceptionHandlerLibNull/CpuExceptionHandlerLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/DebugAgentLibNull/DebugAgentLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseUefiDecompressLib/BaseUefiDecompressLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/DxeCoreHobLib/DxeCoreHobLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/DxeCoreEntryPoint/DxeCoreEntryPoint.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeCoreMemoryAllocationLib/DxeCoreMemoryAllocationLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcStringLib/OcStringLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/CppMemLib/CppMemLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/FirmwareVolume/FirmwareVolume.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/GrubFS/src/UDF.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/GrubFS/src/ISO9660.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleDiskImageLib/OcAppleDiskImageLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcStorageLib/OcStorageLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/PcAtChipsetPkg/8259InterruptControllerDxe/8259.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcConfigurationLib/OcConfigurationLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcDevicePropertyLib/OcDevicePropertyLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMachoLib/OcMachoLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/VBoxFsDxe/VBoxExt4.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/DxeCapsuleLibNull/DxeCapsuleLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/OsxBdsPlatformLib/PlatformBds.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/GenericBdsLib/GenericBdsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/VarCheckLib/VarCheckLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/AuthVariableLibNull/AuthVariableLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/TpmMeasurementLibNull/TpmMeasurementLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseCacheMaintenanceLib/BaseCacheMaintenanceLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcSmbiosLib/OcSmbiosLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/GrubFS/src/HFSPLUS.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcDriverConnectionLib/OcDriverConnectionLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcGuardLib/OcGuardLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Disk/DiskIoDxe/DiskIoDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleChunklistLib/OcAppleChunklistLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/PcAtChipsetPkg/IsaAcpiDxe/IsaAcpi.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/VBoxFsDxe/VBoxExt2.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleEventLib/OcAppleEventLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcApfsLib/OcApfsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/PciRootBridgeDxe/PciRootBridge.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleRamDiskLib/OcAppleRamDiskLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcCompressionLib/OcCompressionLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/FatPkg/EnhancedFatDxe/Fat.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/LzmaCustomDecompressLib/LzmaCustomDecompressLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/DxeExtractGuidedSectionLib/DxeExtractGuidedSectionLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMiscLib/OcMiscLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcHashServicesLib/OcHashServicesLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcFileLib/OcFileLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleImg4Lib/OcAppleImg4Lib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Usb/UsbMassStorageDxe/UsbMassStorageDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/MsgLog/MsgLog.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcConsoleLib/OcConsoleLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/SmbiosDxe/SmbiosDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcSerializeLib/OcSerializeLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcCryptoLib/OcCryptoLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMacInfoLib/OcMacInfoLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/AppleUITheme/AppleUITheme.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiRuntimeLib/UefiRuntimeLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcVirtualFsLib/OcVirtualFsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcSmcLib/OcSmcLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAudioLib/OcAudioLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcMemoryLib/OcMemoryLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/VBoxFsDxe/VBoxReiserFS.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork2CommandsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib/UefiShellNetwork1CommandsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellDebug1CommandsLib/UefiShellDebug1CommandsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellInstall1CommandsLib/UefiShellInstall1CommandsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellDriver1CommandsLib/UefiShellDriver1CommandsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel3CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel3CommandsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel1CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel1CommandsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLevel2CommandsLib/UefiShellLevel2CommandsLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/UefiApplicationEntryPoint/UefiApplicationEntryPoint.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/NetworkPkg/Library/DxeNetLib/DxeNetLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellBcfgCommandLib/UefiShellBcfgCommandLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellCommandLib/UefiShellCommandLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiHandleParsingLib/UefiHandleParsingLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellLib/UefiShellLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiHiiServicesLib/UefiHiiServicesLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/DxePcdLib/DxePcdLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcXmlLib/OcXmlLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcFirmwareVolumeLib/OcFirmwareVolumeLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcPeCoffLib/OcPeCoffLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcTemplateLib/OcTemplateLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/CustomizedDisplayLib/CustomizedDisplayLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/OsxFatBinaryDrv/OsxFatBinaryDrv.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/DriverOverride/DriverOverride.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/VBoxPeCoffLib/VBoxPeCoffLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BasePeCoffExtraActionLibNull/BasePeCoffExtraActionLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAppleKeyMapLib/OcAppleKeyMapLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/HashServiceFix/HashServiceFix.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/GrubFS/src/NTFS.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/CpuDxe/Cpu.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/MemLogLibDefault/MemLogLibDefault.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseDebugPrintErrorLevelLib/BaseDebugPrintErrorLevelLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseSerialPortLibNull/BaseSerialPortLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Metronome/Metronome.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiBootManagerLib/UefiBootManagerLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BasePerformanceLibNull/BasePerformanceLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BasePeCoffGetEntryPointLib/BasePeCoffGetEntryPointLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/DxeServicesTableLib/DxeServicesTableLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/DxeServicesLib/DxeServicesLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiHiiLib/UefiHiiLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Library/UefiSortLib/UefiSortLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Library/UefiHiiServicesLib/UefiHiiServicesLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/GrubFS/src/EXFAT.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdePkg/Library/BaseReportStatusCodeLibNull/BaseReportStatusCodeLibNull.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcBootManagementLib/OcBootManagementLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcAcpiLib/OcAcpiLib.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/AudioDxe/AudioDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/AptioInputFix/AptioInputFix.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/LegacyBios/VideoDxe/VideoDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/BiosKeyboard/KeyboardDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/Isa/Ps2MouseAbsolutePointerDxe/Ps2MouseAbsolutePointerDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/Isa/Ps2KeyboardDxe/Ps2keyboardDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/EmuVariableUefi/EmuVariableRuntimeDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/SecurityStubDxe/SecurityStubDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/BiosVideo/BiosVideo.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/NvmExpressDxe/NvmExpressDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/OsxSmbiosGenDxe/SmbiosGen.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/LegacyBios/Region2Dxe/LegacyRegion2Dxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/LegacyBios/VideoDxe/VideoDxe2.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Console/ConSplitterDxe/ConSplitterDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/SetupBrowserDxe/SetupBrowserDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/UsbKbDxe/UsbKbDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Usb/UsbMouseDxe/UsbMouseDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/CapsuleRuntimeDxe/CapsuleRuntimeDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Disk/UnicodeCollation/EnglishDxe/EnglishDxe.inf [X64]

make: [/Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Ffs/A17F4A89-5F19-444f-B7BE-48195E0575DBSmbiosGenDxe/SmbiosGenDxeOffset.raw] Error 1 (ignored)

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/EbcDxe/EbcDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/MonotonicCounterRuntimeDxe/MonotonicCounterRuntimeDxe.inf [X64]

[CPP] Settings

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/UsbBusDxe/UsbBusDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/OsxDxeCore/DxeMain.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/XhciDxe/XhciDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/LegacyBios/BlockIoDxe/BlockIoDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/GraphicsConsoleDxe/GraphicsConsoleDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/OsxBdsDxe/BdsDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Variable/RuntimeDxe/VariableRuntimeDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/SMCHelper/SMCHelper.inf [X64]

[CC] BdsEntry

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Core/RuntimeDxe/RuntimeDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/PCD/Dxe/Pcd.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/OsxDxeIpl/DxeIpl.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/bdmesg_efi/bdmesg.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/Isa/Ps2MouseDxe/Ps2MouseDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/EhciDxe/EhciDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FileSystems/VBoxFsDxe/VBoxHfs.inf [X64]

[SLINK] BdsDxe

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/OsxEfiLdr/EfiLdr.inf [X64]

[DLINK] BdsDxe

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/MemoryTest/NullMemoryTestDxe/NullMemoryTestDxe.inf [X64]

[CC] EfiLoader

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/WatchdogTimerDxe/WatchdogTimer.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/FSInject/FSInject.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Drivers/Isa/IsaBusDxe/IsaBusDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/PcatRealTimeClockRuntimeDxe/PcatRealTimeClockRuntimeDxe.inf [X64]

[SLINK] EfiLoader

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/ShellPkg/Application/Shell/Shell.inf [X64]

[DLINK] EfiLoader

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/DisplayEngineDxe/DisplayEngineDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/CloverEFI/OsxPciBusNoEnumerationDxe/PciBusNoEnumeration.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Protocols/AppleKeyFeeder/AppleKeyFeeder.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Universal/Console/ConPlatformDxe/ConPlatformDxe.inf [X64]

Building ... /Users/utente/CloverBootloader/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/UhciDxe/UhciDxe.inf [X64]

make: [/Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/FV/Ffs/E660EA85-058E-4b55-A54B-F02F83A24707DisplayEngine/DisplayEngineOffset.raw] Error 1 (ignored)

[OBJCOPY] EfiLoader

[GENFW] EfiLoader

Section 1 .text mCoffOffset=576(0x240) mCoffOffsetNew=576(0x240) diff=0(0x0)

Section 5 .eh_frame mCoffOffset=14336(0x3800) mCoffOffsetNew=15104(0x3b00) diff=768(0x300)

Section 3 .data mCoffOffset=15104(0x3b00) mCoffOffsetNew=14336(0x3800) diff=-768(0xfffffd00)

[CPP] config-test

/Users/utente/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/cpp_unit_test/config-test.cpp:6:10: fatal error: ../cpp_lib/xmlLiteSimpleTypes.h: No such file or directory

6 | #include "../cpp_lib/xmlLiteSimpleTypes.h"

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

make: *** [/Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/cpp_unit_test/config-test.obj] Error 1

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/Users/utente/CloverBootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_GCC53/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...

: error F002: Failed to build module

/Users/utente/CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, GCC53, RELEASE]

- Failed -

Build end time: 12:32:34, Mar.15 2021

Build total time: 00:00:09

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Processo completato]

@Jief_Machak

Idem with XCODE build latest commit 3fb08d97f

Spoiler

[CPP] XStringArray_test
[CPP] XString_test
[CPP] XToolsCommon_test
[CPP] all_tests
[CPP] config-test
/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/cpp_unit_test/config-test.cpp:6:10: fatal error: '../cpp_lib/xmlLiteSimpleTypes.h' file not found
#include "../cpp_lib/xmlLiteSimpleTypes.h"
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/cpp_unit_test/config-test.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
    make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE8/X64/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
    /Users/mathieu/src/Cloverbootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE8, RELEASE]

- Failed -

11 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

If it's just a GCC 10.3 bug, I think we should just ban that version that brings nothing more to Clover, instead of doing strange fix that just clutters the code. That's why I'd like to test and reproduce.

But the folder with gcc weight is 163Mb. I downloaded it and compile by our script build_gcc10.sh. I think the result is always the same because all packages used in the script have exact versions.

23 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Slice I tried to boot with timeout but cannot reproduce yet.

It should be reproducable with official release 5131. Legacy boot by timeout. Several users confirmed. As well as 5130. 

1 hour ago, Slice said:

build_gcc10.sh

At the beginning of that script, there is "export GCC_VERSION=${GCC_VERSION:-10.2.0}".

So to compile 10.3, I have to override GCC_VERSION, right ?

Did you have to override the others too ? :

export BINUTILS_VERSION=${BINUTILS_VERSION:-binutils-2.35}

# Version of libraries are from ./contrib/download_prerequisites in gcc source directory

export GMP_VERSION=${GMP_VERSION:-gmp-6.2.0}

export MPFR_VERSION=${MPFR_VERSION:-mpfr-4.1.0}

export MPC_VERSION=${MPC_VERSION:-mpc-1.1.0}

export ISL_VERSION=${ISL_VERSION:-isl-0.22.1}

1 hour ago, Slice said:

But the folder with gcc weight is 163Mb

Seems not that much with a file transfer service like WeTransfer. Depending on your internet too...

23 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Why 10.3? Our build script takes 10.2, the latest official version. At the evening I will check again what is my version.

9 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Slice I don’t know why 10.3. You said it. Did you mean 10.2 ?

Yes, I was mistaken

iMac2017:CloverBootloader sergey$ /Users/sergey/src/opt/local/cross/bin/x86_64-clover-linux-gnu-gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/Users/sergey/src/opt/local/cross/bin/x86_64-clover-linux-gnu-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/Users/sergey/src/opt/local/cross/libexec/gcc/x86_64-clover-linux-gnu/10.2.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-clover-linux-gnu
Configured with: /Users/sergey/src/tools/gcc/gcc-10.2.0/configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0 --build=x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0 --target=x86_64-clover-linux-gnu --prefix=/Users/sergey/src/opt/local/cross --with-gmp=/Users/sergey/src/opt/local --with-mpfr=/Users/sergey/src/opt/local --with-mpc=/Users/sergey/src/opt/local --with-isl=/Users/sergey/src/opt/local --with-system-zlib --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --disable-libssp --disable-nls --disable-werror --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-plugin --disable-isl-version-check
Thread model: posix
Supported LTO compression algorithms: zlib
gcc version 10.2.0 (GCC)