Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,127 posts in this topic

Hi @Jief_Machak

Using BootLoaderChooser, I test CloverX64-2021-02-03-09-02-49-fa0bdcd-dirty-jief.efi (Z390 config, Big Sur 11.2 RC 20D64). Works fine :)

EDIT: same issue as before, debug.log generate wrong date and hours !

2021-1-29_12-3-38_CloverX64-2021-02-03-09-02-49-fa0bdcd-dirty-jief.efi.log

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ellaosx I have a notification that you sent a message "Clover GUI did not appear", but can't see that message... Try this instead CloverX64-2021-02-03-09-58-13-fa0bdcd-dirty-jief.zip

@Matgen84 No need to re-test. It was just a null pointer guard forgotten (not every firmware react to that).

PS : @ellaosx If GUI doesn't appear, set Boot/Debug in your config.plist and send me the log.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Matgen84 @Dmitriy85 I still see your post notification in my emails, but can see it on the forum. Is there a bug? Also means I can't get your attachment...

I deleted my post. I tried booting without the OpenRuntime.efi driver. It works with a flash drive, but not with an SSD. It was just an experiment2021-2-3_9-43-49_BOOTX64.EFI.log

Edited by Dmitriy85

2 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Matgen84 @Dmitriy85 I still see your post notification in my emails, but can see it on the forum. Is there a bug? Also means I can't get your attachment...

@Jief_Machak I delete my post because I can boot Big Sur 11.3 Beta with your dirty efi file + latest Lilu release (and his plugins). 

While the 11.2 20D64 update to 11.3 Beta, it went well. I was having trouble starting Big Sur (stuck on Clover GUI). It requires more investigation between now and tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ellaosx said:

issue still exist (preboot is still showing in HS)

@ellaosx What you see is an install preboot, not the main preboot. The main preboot, called in your log "Boot Mac OS X from Macintosh HD via Preboot", was rightfully automatically hidden.

That said, the entry "Boot Mac OS X Install for Macintosh HD via Preboot" that you can still can be a real installer bootstrap to something you are installing (there probably is only macOS update that uses that method). That's why you can see it.

BUT it can also be a leftover from the Apple installer that points to an non existing dmg file. And this is something that was never handled in Clover. I remember to regularly mount my preboot partition to delete the "com.apple.installer" folder.

To avoid having to do that, I improved the code that detects installer bootstrap folder on preboot partition.

You can try this CloverX64-2021-02-04-17-04-31-333b6ce-jief.zip or compiled the latest version from github.

• Like 2

Issue is if you have Big Sur and High Sierra on same machine you have (preboot BS High Sierra icons)

and if you have Yosemite and Big Sur you have probably  (preboot BS Yosemite icons) not test Yosemite but High Sierra Yes I have preboot High Sierra Icons for Big Sur

Edited by chris1111

1 minute ago, Jief_Machak said:

Do you mean HS icon on BS entries ?

There was a problem like that : the SystemVersion.plist was incorrect in preboot volume.

Yes I mean  HS icon on BS entries for Preboot

Edited by chris1111

If it's what I think, it also means that the detected version for that entry is HS, therefore kexts will be loaded from 10.13 instead of 11.

You can check that in the log. You can also check you SystemVersion.plist.

If it's that problem, Clover can't do anything, I think (but not sure as it never happend to me). You can also send me a zip of your preboot partition.

3 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

If it's what I think, it also means that the detected version for that entry is HS, therefore kexts will be loaded from 10.13 instead of 11.

You can check that in the log. You can also check you SystemVersion.plist.

If it's that problem, Clover can't do anything, I think (but not sure as it never happend to me). You can also send me a zip of your preboot partition.

This is the same problem from this user

I said

issue still exist (preboot is still showing in HS)

6 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I don't think so. I didn't have HS icon on BS entries, as far as I understood. He did have a "dead" installation bootstrap folder on preboot partition.

See this is latest commits nothing change 

screenshot2.thumb.png.d9bb5c0ad8e14cdfa0f3d21c3663a036.png

Another mystery from BS :hysterical: :D

Edited by chris1111
Another mystery from BS

30 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I don’t understand : do you have menu entries that should be hidden and are not ?

I don't understand to  I don't have custom entries 373695373.png.d368364537074bd511bbe4446ad55614.png

I told you yesterday I boot from Big Sur HD Data volume with OpenCore that's happen to me after the update BS :blink:

Big Sur looks verry fragile I think

EDIT ***  after the update I have a volume Update on my APFS High Sierra and this is not the first time i see this on the web

I will reinstall HS on HFS+J maybe this solve my problem. I need High Sierra for building my old program

Edited by chris1111

21 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

after the update I have a volume Update on my APFS High Sierra and this is not the first time i see this on the web

I will reinstall HS on HFS+J maybe this solve my problem. I need High Sierra for building my old program

keep one thing in mind though, and I'll tell you from experience on 3 hacks, every time you start high sierra in HFS+, these go to change a plist in the big sur preboot and until you restore it, you won't be able to start big sur with CLOVER anymore but only with OC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

keep one thing in mind though, and I'll tell you from experience on 3 hacks, every time you start high sierra in HFS+, these go to change a plist in the big sur preboot and until you restore it, you won't be able to start big sur with CLOVER anymore but only with OC

I will test because now is in APFS and cause me trouble with clover 

Clover is verry young for booting BS So I'm going to learn something about his behavior anyway I have nothing to lose because now it's a mess 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Clover is verry young for booting BS So I'm going to learn something about his behavior anyway I have nothing to lose because now it's a mess 

it stores what I told you, it made me go crazy for over 1 month, if you remember I had also posted several screenshots.
Clover may be young for big sur, but he does very well, at least in my hacks, I also updated Z68/Z97/Z370/X570 to BS 11.3beta1 with Clover5129

• Like 1