Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,908 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks @Slice. If I understand well: there are now 3 possibilities for CsrActiveConfig:

• <string>
  • <data>
  • <integer>

That's right. Sorry but my english is bad

This is a common rule for any setting requires a number.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2020 at 5:41 PM, jsl2000 said:

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

It can boot installed Big Sur now, but I need add 10.13.6 to MatchOS for kernel patch at 11.x.

At 10.15.7 crack sound quite bothered me by legacy Clover in FX-6300 hackintosh.

Another bug is quite unstable at Big Sur in which about 2 minutes after login desktop I always got frozen screen and not moving mouse & keyboard.

No such issue legacy booted by OpenCore with clear sound in FX-6300 hackintosh.

Solved by editing kernel patches for FX-6300 as the following:

Enabled "mtrr_update_action - fix PAT" and disabled "Shaneee - mtrr_update_action - fix PAT [TEST 2 Performance GPU]"

No more crack sound and system became very stable after this change.

On 12/15/2020 at 7:29 PM, chris1111 said:

Are you talking about being able to boot BS already install or boot a USB key from Big Sur? I ask because on my DELL Optiplex 790 legacy boot I cannot install BS with OC or Clover but if the system is already installs it boots very well . It boot well on USB installer but it reboot at the second stage on the Time line :ninja:

Do you please share both OC and Clover EFI Folder of  P5Q PRO

thanks

I can boot installed Big Sur and update it with legacy Clover and Opencore.

Unable to upload whole EFI folders due to size limits (>50 MB) even after compression.

Only config.plist posted here for your reference.

According to my experience automatic reboot means incorrect config.plist.

config-CLOVER.plist

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 10.01.46 PM.png

config-OC-062-P5Q.plist

Edited by jsl2000

1 hour ago, jsl2000 said:

I can boot installed Big Sur and update it with legacy Clover and Opencore.

Unable to upload whole EFI folders due to size limits (>50 MB) even after compression.

Only config.plist posted here for your reference.

According to my experience automatic reboot means incorrect config.plist.

config-CLOVER.plist

config-OC-062-P5Q.plist

Its not a incorrect config.plist lots of Legacy System like HP Z and Dell Optiplex can not Installed BS but when system is Installed its boot ok

Verry strange and already check by Mald0n Big Mystery of BS

What is AppleGenericInput.efi ?

I see some kext in your config I never see before :no:

Why not share a complet EFI? anyway I will try with the config you have shared but its hard without all peace of the puzzle

thank you

Edited by chris1111

8 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Its not a incorrect config.plist lots of Legacy System like HP Z and Dell Optiplex can not Installed BS but when system is Installed its boot ok

Verry strange and already check by Mald0n Big Mystery of BS

What is AppleGenericInput.efi ?

I see some kext in your config I never see before :no:

Why not share a complet EFI? anyway I will try with the config you have shared but its hard without all peace of the puzzle

thank you

Please PM me for any kext or .efi you need for test your system.

If you have gmail I can send whole EFI folder via email too.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Please PM me for any kext or .efi you need for test your system.

If you have gmail I can send whole EFI folder via email too.

ASUS P5Q Pro?  Impressive.  I see you're using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.  I'm still using -no_compat_check / MacPro5,1 for native CPU power management with my Socket 1156 (still running Catalina).  How is power management with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMBIOS iMac19,1?

Edited by tonyx86
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2020 at 10:41 AM, jsl2000 said:

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

It can boot installed Big Sur now, but I need add 10.13.6 to MatchOS for kernel patch at 11.x.

At 10.15.7 crack sound quite bothered me by legacy Clover in FX-6300 hackintosh.

Another bug is quite unstable at Big Sur in which about 2 minutes after login desktop I always got frozen screen and not moving mouse & keyboard.

No such issue legacy booted by OpenCore with clear sound in FX-6300 hackintosh.

here clover r5127 i can use and install even if my video cards are no longer supported on BigSur on Laptop Legacy using OpenRuntime.efi

check with my comments with Chris1111 where I was having a problem on one of my HP DV6 2140EF laptops and managed to fix and use it!

- I have an HP Envy Recline 23 Haswell that until Catalina I never had any problems with installation but with Big Sur everything jumped, I can do the first installation, reboot et enter the second phase so that then it reboots without any kernel panic so much with OpenCore as with Clover !!!! but funny that I can always update Big Sur directly by him without problems and pass!

- I have a Lenovo M93 desktop Haswell i5-4460S with Nvidia GTX760 and the same installation has always been normal until Catalina already in Big Sur I enter the installation and at 12 minutes between the error and nothing more! tests with OpenCore and Clover same error, even trying to update directly does not pass after 15 minutes makes an error and if it is for the complete installer then worse than after two minutes there makes an error!

- I had an All In One Lenovo M93p Haswell also i5-4430S and I always managed to install without problems even on Big Sur

- I have an Elitebook 820 G2 i5-5300U installation goes smoothly with Big Sur

- I have a Probook 430 G2 i3-4010U installation goes smoothly like Big Sur
- I have a Dell Latitude E6330 i7-3520M installation passes without Big Sur problems
- I have a Dell Vostro 2520 with i5-3310M Big Sur installation
- I have a SamSung NP350V5C-S06FR intel i3-3110M HD4000-HD7670M installation passes Big Sur without any problems
- I have an asus A42J with i5-480M ati HD5730 I can't even install the direct Catalina but the High Sierra passes and then I even update Big Sur

to say that with the arrival of Big Sur there is still a lot of dark part in certain machines and certain NVRAM of some that complicated but even so the team did a lot of work where we managed to get and use Big Sur even if we have to use other PCs the installation and then use the HDD / SSD on these machines that will not let you do the installation!

with himself the complete installation on a Fujitsu S760 with Sandybridge direct by him (with HD3000 disabled of course)

even a HD DV6 1340SF with an intel P7450 and ATI HD4650 with kext telemetrap.kext and with ATI disabled I can use MAL Big Sur (just for testing nothing more)

with time we will go further I am almost sure, I believe in what the community can do!

Thanks to everyone who has made all this possible

Spoiler

2067463405_Capturedecran2020-12-16a23_20_13.thumb.png.5fe94be1e0b6be8545acb953815cbdb8.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PG7 said:

here clover r5127 i can use and install even if my video cards are no longer supported on BigSur on Laptop Legacy using OpenRuntime.efi

check with my comments with Chris1111 where I was having a problem on one of my HP DV6 2140EF laptops and managed to fix and use it!

My current Clover 5126 or OpenCore 0.6.2 can not install Big Sur via USB installer in my P5Q PRO (LGA-775) hackintosh.

Where can I get your r5127 version for testing ?

9 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

ASUS P5Q Pro?  Impressive.  I see you're using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.  I'm still using -no_compat_check / MacPro5,1 for native CPU power management with my Socket 1156 (still running Catalina).  How is power management with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMBIOS iMac19,1?

In P5Q PRO wake up from S3 only working lower than Sierra (10.12.6).

Higher than High Sierra (10.13.6) only S1 sleep/wakeup working.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext can give extra performance score by GeekBench 5 in my P6TSE and P5Q PRO hackintoshs.

• Like 2

This question is more to satisfy my curiosity than anything else (and because I think I might be doing it wrong): when I install OC ( just for testing :) ), I specify the following parms unique to my platform:

• PlatformInfo > Generic > MLB
  • PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemProductName
  • PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemSerialNumber
  • PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemUUID

When I install CLOVER (I'm still on r5122 UEFI), I specify the following parms unique to my platform (there may be some I missed):

• RtVariables > ROM
  • SMBIOS > BiosReleaseDate
  • SMBIOS > BiosVersion
  • SMBIOS > Board-ID
  • SMBIOS > BoardSerialNumber
  • SMBIOS > Family
  • SMBIOS > ProductName
  • SMBIOS > SerialNumber
  • SMBIOS > SmUUID
  • SystemParameters > CustomUUID

Am I specifying too many unique parms for CLOVER, or is there a reason that CLOVER requires so many more system-unique parms than OC?

Edited by tonyx86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ellaosx said:

@tonyx86

These will be filled up by clover on-the-fly based on your SMBIOS > ProductName

SMBIOS > BiosReleaseDate
SMBIOS > BiosVersion
SMBIOS > Board-ID
SMBIOS > Family

Thank you @ellaosx (and thank you @Slice for your response, although I don't see it anymore).  Forgive what are remedial questions, but it's only upon closer inspection of my CLOVER vs. OC configs that I realize I've been doing things without understanding why I was doing them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, if I specify only the following in my CLOVER config.plist, these are sufficient to uniquely identify my rig and the rest will be completed "on-the-fly" by CLOVER:

• RtVariables > MLB
  • SMBIOS > BoardSerialNumber
  • SMBIOS > SerialNumber
  • SMBIOS > SmUUID
  • SMBIOS > ProductName

If that's the case, then I should remove the following from my CLOVER config.plist - correct?

• RtVariables > ROM
  • SMBIOS > BiosReleaseDate
  • SMBIOS > BiosVendor
  • SMBIOS > BiosVersion
  • SMBIOS > Board-ID
  • SMBIOS > BoardManufacturer
  • SMBIOS > BoardType
  • SMBIOS > BoardVersion
  • SMBIOS > ChassisAssetTag
  • SMBIOS > ChassisManufacturer
  • SMBIOS > ChassisType
  • SMBIOS > EfiVersion
  • SMBIOS > Family
  • SMBIOS > FirmwareFeatures
  • SMBIOS > FirmwareFeaturesMask
  • SMBIOS > LocationInChassis
  • SMBIOS > Manufacturer
  • SMBIOS > Mobile
  • SMBIOS > PlatformFeature
  • SMBIOS > Version
  • SystemParameters > CustomUUID

Also, in OC config.plist, I think that "PlatformInfo > Generic > MLB" is BoardSerialNumber.  Should they be the same in CLOVER config.plist and if so, is there a reason that CLOVER config.plist has both "RtVariables > MLB" and "SMBIOS > BoardSerialNumber?"  

Edited by tonyx86

51 minutes ago, tonyx86 said:

is there a reason that CLOVER config.plist has both "RtVariables > MLB" and "SMBIOS > BoardSerialNumber?"  

I dont specifically know the reason behind it, but from my test, i found the result of this...

A. If you fill up ONLY the BoardSerialNumber, then MLB will have the same entry as BoardSerialNumber.

B. If you fill up ONY the MLB, then BoardSerialNumber will be generated by clover. (Based on my test a year ago :D )

Edited by ellaosx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Could you guys help me about converting OpenCore rename patches to Clover?

I would like to convert this from OC:

Comment: TB3 RP09:_PS0 to RP09:XPS0

Find: 5F505330

Replace: 58505330

OemTableId: 52565037 52746433

TableLength: 7453

TableSignature: SSDT

But I don't really know how to do it in Clover.

Or just leave OemTableId, etc. then it'll find it by itself?

10 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

Could you guys help me about converting OpenCore rename patches to Clover?

I would like to convert this from OC:

Comment: TB3 RP09:_PS0 to RP09:XPS0

Find: 5F505330

Replace: 58505330

OemTableId: 52565037 52746433

TableLength: 7453

TableSignature: SSDT

But I don't really know how to do it in Clover.

Or just leave OemTableId, etc. then it'll find it by itself?

Very simple

Снимок экрана 2020-12-18 121900.png

Clover makes patches for all DSDT and SSDT tables, everywhere if the pattern true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The OCD in me wants to be able to pare down my CLOVER config.plist to the minimally required RtVariables, SMBIOS and SystemParameters, but my attempts have only resulted in problems with iCloud/AppleID.  I'm trying to reconcile the values I specify in CLOVER's config.plist with the System Info reported by Hackintool, and I have found the following:

• CLOVER's SMBIOS > SmUUID does not appear in Hackintool's System Info
  • CLOVER's SystemParameters > CustomUUID is reported by Hackintool as "System ID"
  • Hackintool reports a "Hardware UUID" value that isn't anywhere in my CLOVER config.plist
  • CLOVER's RtVariables > MLB is reported by Hackintool as "Board Serial Number" and I don't see CLOVER's SMBIOS > BoardSerialNumber in Hackintool

It looks like paring down a bloated CLOVER config.plist (with extraneous RtVariables, SMBIOS and SystemParameters) may not be trivial.

49 minutes ago, tonyx86 said:

The OCD in me wants to be able to pare down my CLOVER config.plist to the minimally required RtVariables, SMBIOS and SystemParameters, but my attempts have only resulted in problems with iCloud/AppleID.  I'm trying to reconcile the values I specify in CLOVER's config.plist with the System Info reported by Hackintool, and I have found the following:

• CLOVER's SMBIOS > SmUUID does not appear in Hackintool's System Info
  • CLOVER's SystemParameters > CustomUUID is reported by Hackintool as "System ID"
  • Hackintool reports a "Hardware UUID" value that isn't anywhere in my CLOVER config.plist
  • CLOVER's RtVariables > MLB is reported by Hackintool as "Board Serial Number" and I don't see CLOVER's SMBIOS > BoardSerialNumber in Hackintool

It looks like paring down a bloated CLOVER config.plist (with extraneous RtVariables, SMBIOS and SystemParameters) may not be trivial.

This is a question to Hackintool which is not my affair.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slice said:

This is a question to Hackintool which is not my affair.

Ok.  What tool do you use to verify the "actual" system parms to compare to those specified in CLOVER config.plist?