Clover General discussion

ErmaC
30,135 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fryysyd said:

I can choose normal system partition to enter with OC

Nope, you can't. OC only boot through Preboot.

4 hours ago, PG7 said:

are you asking in Verbose mode?

Yes, I have verbose mode at boot, but not anymore at shutdown.

In the end, the question is what is the quirks configuration that mimics AptioMemoryFix ?

9 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

When I boot with 5119 (pre-OC), I got the text mode back when I do shutdown or restart. If I boot with 5127, I don't have that.

The only difference is that 5119 use AptioMemoryFix and 5127 uses quirks.

Anyone has an idea on which quirks I forgot that has the effect of not having the text mode back ?

ProvideConsoleGop?

45 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Nope, you can't. OC only boot through Preboot.

Yes, I have verbose mode at boot, but not anymore at shutdown.

In the end, the question is what is the quirks configuration that mimics AptioMemoryFix ?

It is config-sample.plist. But I didn't analyze quirk by quirk. I just found a configuration when it works as before.

As well I have to remind that apfs.efi driver from system has huge text output while ApfsDriverLoader no.

11 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice

Thanks for the fix :) I can't boot at all with the latest commit dc4a2617: Clover stuck at GUI when I select BS 11.1 HDD or BS 11.0.1 RC USB (no keyboard, no mouse) :cry: Maybe I mistaken somewhere !

Other test: can't boot  any macOS -->Black screen or BIOS boot select (because I use F12) 

2020-11-27_16-43-45_BOOTX64.EFI.log

2020-11-27_16-43-45_BOOTX64.EFI(1).log

The log tells me that you are trying to boot BigSur Recovery. Wait please, it is not supported yet.

Mojave Recovery boot fine.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice

Thanks for the fix :) I can't boot at all with the latest commit dc4a2617: Clover stuck at GUI when I select BS 11.1 HDD or BS 11.0.1 RC USB (no keyboard, no mouse) :cry: Maybe I mistaken somewhere !

Other test: can't boot  any macOS -->Black screen or BIOS boot select (because I use F12) 

2020-11-27_16-43-45_BOOTX64.EFI.log

2020-11-27_16-43-45_BOOTX64.EFI(1).log

What is the kext CtlnaAHCIPort.kext? What is the origin of the kext?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Slice said:

It is a kext driver About SATA HDD or SSD

Especially if you don't use this one No HDD or SSD will be seen in the GUIclover menu.

Edited by naiclub

1 hour ago, Slice said:

@Slice This CtlnaACHIPort.kext is Big Sur version, to print 11th Intel Series instead of generic SATA. It works fine before, with previous Clover revision.

It come from here: CtlnaAHCI 

4 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice This CtlnaACHIPort.kext is Big Sur version, to print 11th Intel Series instead of generic SATA. It works fine before, with previous Clover revision.

It come from here: CtlnaAHCI 

Does it comes from sources or it is just ordinary AHCIPort.kext with edited Info.plist?

12 minutes ago, Slice said:

Does it comes from sources or it is just ordinary AHCIPort.kext with edited Info.plist?

In fact, I don't really know, but I think so, is only ordinary kext with edited Info.plist. CFBundleVersion is 341.0.2. 

Edited by Matgen84

49 minutes ago, Slice said:

In this case codeless kext will be preferable.

How to do ? I am not expert enough. It would be this kext which prevents me from booting ...

@Slice Remember that with latest commit, I also can't boot BS Preboot.

Edited by Matgen84

2 hours ago, Slice said:

In my case I need this kext for my notebook 1's Intel 100 series internal HDD, SSD. If I don't use this system doesn't recognise my drives and stall with AppleAHCIPort (or smth like that). Before Catalina it was SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext. it's simply injecting some pciids into AppleAHCI I think

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

In my case I need this kext for my notebook 1's Intel 100 series internal HDD, SSD. If I don't use this system doesn't recognise my drives and stall with AppleAHCIPort (or smth like that). Before Catalina it was SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext. it's simply injecting some pciids into AppleAHCI I think

And it still works as well as the mountain lions.

1 hour ago, kushwavez said:

100 series? As mine?

Снимок экрана 2020-11-29 в 13.33.14.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slice said:

I can -v-_-v-

Take this Clover 

CLOVERX64.efi.zip

@Slice I can too. :thumbsup_anim:

Do you think, it's a bad compilation or a bad installation with previous one (same commit) ! Please, your opinion: theoretically with my Z390, it should be native? what is the best way to see "Intel 11 series SATA" instead of generic SATA. 

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

theoretically with my Z390, it should be native? what is the best way to see "Intel 11 series SATA" instead of generic SATA. 

Z390 is "native" a bit shaky... gigabyte then... brrrrrrr I have the thrills :D 
I assume a good AHCI injector is enough

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

PS: i checked on big sur

@iCanaro Thanks for your verification. I try this injector with my Aorus Master. But I'm a little be surprise to not found my 'pci8086,a352' for Z390. So the injector don't work for my mobo.

Capture d’écran 2020-11-29 à 14.01.24.png

57 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice I can too. :thumbsup_anim:

Do you think, it's a bad compilation or a bad installation with previous one (same commit) ! Please, your opinion: theoretically with my Z390, it should be native? what is the best way to see "Intel 11 series SATA" instead of generic SATA. 

I think a bad compilation. You probably didn't update linked OpenCore.

Why Generic AHCi is wrong? It works.

Under BigSur I see Generic AHCI

Снимок экрана 2020-11-29 в 17.11.40.png

While my controller is known for BigSur AHCI kext

Снимок экрана 2020-11-29 в 17.11.05.png

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

@iCanaro Thanks for your verification. I try this injector with my Aorus Master. But I'm a little be surprise to not found my 'pci8086,a352' for Z390. So the injector don't work for my mobo.

Capture d’écran 2020-11-29 à 14.01.24.png

OK I added your IDs to the injector, if you tell me I'd be grateful archivio.zip

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slice said:

I think a bad compilation. You probably didn't update linked OpenCore.

Why Generic AHCi is wrong? It works.

Under BigSur I see Generic AHCI

@Slice I think so, it's a bad compilation despite I'm using Buildme script. Today or tomorrow, I will make a clean git clone to be safe.

My Z390 SATA is pci8086,a352: Intel 11 Series instead of generic, with kext injector or ssdt, is cosmetic of course. :)

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Slice I think so, it's a bad compilation despite I'm using Buildme script. Today or tomorrow, I will make a clean git clone to be safe.

My Z390 SATA is pci8086,a352: Intel 11 Series instead of generic, with kext injector or ssdt, is cosmetic of course. :)

Yes, a352 is also known for the bigsur kext.

7 minutes ago, Slice said:

Yes, a352 is also known for the bigsur kext.

Big Sur know it but don't display 11 Series.

1120046700_Capturedcran2020-11-2915_40_38.png.8ab1a5f13348fb8b5029bca0065b7ddb.png

17 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

OK I added your IDs to the injector, if you tell me I'd be grateful archivio.zip

The new one display correctly the Intel chipset for my Z390.

1833393000_Capturedcran2020-11-2915_37_08.png.4cc9c71020901d8ffcd2add8a43382f9.png

• Thanks 1